BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Arathor

Yessss.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Fond memories of PSOBB. They better not fuck this up.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Ikith View Post
    Fond memories of PSOBB. They better not fuck this up.
    They will.

amagad SUNDAY IT IS

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

http://www.pso-world.com/images/items/redbox12.gif

Sooo ready for this. STILL makes my heart jump seeing these.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Not me. Fucking Dragon Slayers.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

DB Sabers

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

But.. this Dragon Slayer has 60 hit! DONT CARE ITS A DRAGON SLAYER GTFO.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

I know the pain. I was a skywall i think it was called.. always a fucking dragon slayer or flowen's sword. /rage

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeota Fourier
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Skyly caves on PSOv2 were a cruel joke. Fucking chain sawd city. GC Oran had me shitting cross scars however.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Skyly, not Skywall, but close enough, lol.

And yeah, our best drop was the Sealed J-Sword, which was beyond rare as fuck, so that didn't help.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

it's only been close to a decade lol.

I still remember the countless runs trying to get a monkey king bar. HATED that boss. ungh.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Yeah, now they drop off of some people's Gibbles (Episode 2 mobs), so it's not terribad.. but that was a lot of the fun with PSO; the rare huntan games.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokku View Post
    It'd be great if that would happen, but.. yeah. Sonic Team.

I'd love for this to be more like PSO, but I'd be willing to bet money that Sega is going to continue using the PSU model and just stick the PSO title on it for nostalgia.
    It's called PSO2, not PSU2, I'm hoping thats the difference here. Then again, this may be just semantics as it's Sonic Team....

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Again.. Sonic Team. They've whiffed more than they've hit it out of the ballpark, to use a baseball analogy here. I hope it'll be in the same PSO model, but I'm not counting on it.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Fallyn View Post
    It's called PSO2, not PSU2, I'm hoping thats the difference here. Then again, this may be just semantics as it's Sonic Team....
    Again, we're talking Sonic Team here. I'm well aware what it's called, but seeing as who we're dealing with here and the model that every PSO style game has been based on since PSU came out, I'd be more than willing to wager that this is going to be more PSU than PSO.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rokku View Post
    I'd be more than willing to wager that this is going to be more PSU than PSO.
    What are the biggest differences between the two?

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    What are the biggest differences between the two?
    Uh... one's not shit? And I'm serious.

But on other notes, PSU tried to get *too* fancy, what with it's crafting system, it's areas/mobs/all that shit.. there's just a lot of wrong that happened with PSU. It's your basic 'way more flash than was needed in this situation' sort of game.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I personally didn't mind every PSU battle system iteration. It's only huge flaw imo was that the PP system was straight up ass for the first couple of titles. If they added back the method of leveling up your PAs manually on top of PSP2s PP recovery system, imo it'd be just fine. PSO and PSU was always a grindfest at it's core and leveling PAs manually to me was exciting as hell if I didn't already see the PAs full forms. Also gave me something to do alongside hunting rares when my friends weren't on but I still wanted to play. I honestly didn't care for them reverting back to the disc method of learning moves in PSP2 and I really wish they would've stopped trying to make PSU into PSO instead of evolving it into something that's obviously Phantasy Star yet still unique in it's own way. I see too many stupid-assed ideas to believe the fans know exactly what they want and introducing the equivalent of a half-assed looking Ragol into the game was stupid and pointless for me because that storyline should've been done with Episode 3.

Also they need to go back to making their stage design not seem so lazily done. I never played Episode 4 but episode 2's last two stages made me actually feel like I was going from A-Z instead of feeling like I'm walking through one of the original Zelda's dungeons but in 3D.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by AoE View Post
    I personally didn't mind every PSU battle system iteration. It's only huge flaw imo was that the PP system was straight up ass for the first couple of titles. If they added back the method of leveling up your PAs manually on top of PSP2s PP recovery system, imo it'd be just fine. PSO and PSU was always a grindfest at it's core and leveling PAs manually to me was exciting as hell if I didn't already see the PAs full forms. Also gave me something to do alongside hunting rares when my friends weren't on but I still wanted to play. I honestly didn't care for them reverting back to the disc method of learning moves in PSP2 and I really wish they would've stopped trying to make PSU into PSO instead of evolving it into something that's obviously Phantasy Star yet still unique in it's own way. I see too many stupid-assed ideas to believe the fans know exactly what they want and introducing the equivalent of a half-assed looking Ragol into the game was stupid and pointless for me because that storyline should've been done with Episode 3.

Also they need to go back to making their stage design not seem so lazily done. I never played Episode 4 but episode 2's last two stages made me actually feel like I was going from A-Z instead of feeling like I'm walking through one of the original Zelda's dungeons but in 3D.
    I personally loved the Seabed in Ep2, and then CCA was fun too, though the mobs pissed me off so much.

EP4 was more generic/worse than anything, I think. Best exp spot, by far, in the game.. but so fucking boring to look at, so much so, skins came out to modify how it looked.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 102 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast