FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://kotaku.com/phantasy-star-onl...t-n-1835359531

In a press release, Sega states that “there will be no limitations on game experiences such as Class Level cap or direct purchase of high-tier weapons because we want to provide all players with a fair and exciting experience.”

In spite of this, there will still be some form of microtransactions in case“players still find themselves in need of assistance for their quest.”

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I may have actually yelled out loud when I saw this announcement. I gave up on this game years ago ever coming out here lol.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

This is the last thing I would've ever predicted lmao.

Also had my fill of JP PSO2 back when EP3 was a thing and they added the Bushido class and I dumped a lot of time leveling it up via PSO2ES. Wondering how many players of the JP version will actually make the jump.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I played it a bunch when it first launched but just kind of burned out due to the unofficial English patches just not always covering everything and feeling weird about spending money on a game they didn't want to release here. I can totally understand people on the Japanese servers not wanting to come to this version though if they aren't going to be linked. Starting over would be brutal after that much time and/or money spent on the other version.

But I'm all in on this when it launches. This easily jumped to my most anticipated game.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well shoot, it's finally coming, lol

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Gunner pls. I just want to play Gunner again. Wonder if it'll be super behind in patches..

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Well the trailer said all content so I assume whatever the most recent JP update will be next year. I'll whale down to support this for the first couple months when it releases to help it.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I went through the hell that is paying for the JP version, I'm sure I'll have some money for the game when it arrives finally. The subscription bonuses were pretty good and almost necessary for the sake of selling stuff. Without it you didn't have any income except client orders and you couldn't buy 10* and up items.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

SEGA Games announced today that Phantasy Star Online 2 (PSO2), one of Japan's greatest online RPGs, will launch in the West, debuting in North America in Spring 2020 on Xbox One.

All stories and content, and especially the fan-favorite epic battles with their huge number of enemies, will be included in this free-to-play release. Stay tuned for more details!

"What is PSO2?"

Join the Spectacular Experience of a "Never-ending Quest" and "The Highest Level Action"!

Players of PSO2 become a member of a research expedition called "Arks," which belong to a fleet of interplanetary cruising ships, setting out to a research a variety of different planets. Visiting places for the mission (quest) always evolves into a fresh and surprising adventure, including auto-generated maps, sudden events, and a Multiplayer Party Area, where up to 12 players can play together simultaneously.

Each planet and quest is an encounter with different characters and battles with enemies. Its easy control systems allow for intense exhilaration in battles as well as highly strategic and customizable actions. Gigantic boss enemies are also waiting for their time to challenge you with their towering body that covers the whole screen. Team up with other players against epic bosses!

Create Your Own Character with the Ultimate "Character Creation"!

PSO2 lets players create their own characters in an easy and intuitive way with the "Character Creation" system.

Not only costumes, hairstyles, accessories, but also the height, body shape, and moreover, the length and thickness of arms and legs, can be customized with a morphing feature for unlimited customization and design combination.

Free to Download and Play the Game!

The entire game will be made available as a F2P experience for players on Xbox One. There will be no limitations on game experiences such as Class Level cap or direct purchase of high-tier weapons because we want to provide all players with a fair and exciting experience.

If players still find themselves in need of assistance for their quest, microtransactions are there to help.

Phantasy Star Online 2 will launch in the West, debuting in North America in Spring 2020 on Xbox One.
    http://pso2.com/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

NA Closed Beta February 7th to 9th
    The wait is finally over! The Closed Beta Test for one of Japan’s biggest online RPGs, Phantasy Star Online 2 (PSO2), starts Friday, February 7th at 5 PM (PST). Participants will retain their progress and have a chance to obtain special in-game rewards. Sign up now through the Xbox Insider Hub!

Closed Beta Test Schedule

• Starts: Friday, February 7th, 5 PM (PST)

• Ends: Saturday, February 8th, 11:59 PM (PST)

• Official Website: Opens Friday, February 7th, 10 AM (PST)

Pre-Load: Players will be able to install the game in advance starting Monday, February 3rd.

Download it once: You can update the existing client for the upcoming Open Beta Test and Launch without having to redownload the game.

Play First on Xbox One

Explore numerous worlds with friends and experience PSO2’s unparalleled action combat and character customization first on Xbox One. Choose from four distinct races and nine classes, each equipped with unique weapons and skills that completely transform the way you play. Your never-ending quest starts here!

Take on Urgent Quests

Join forces with up to eleven other operatives and experience unforgettable boss battles in special events called Urgent Quests. These challenges happen at specific times throughout the day, so make sure to check the schedule below so you don’t miss out on obtaining unique rewards during the Closed Beta Test!

February 7th Quests

• 8 to 8:30 p.m. PST – Cradle of Darkness
    • 10 to 10:30 p.m. PST – Giant Automata: The Awakening

February 8th Quests

• 7 to 7:30 a.m. PST – Cradle of Darkness
    • 1 to 1:30 p.m. PST – Giant Automata: The Awakening
    • 5 to 5:30 p.m. PST – Cradle of Darkness
    • 8:30 to 9 p.m. PST – The Raging Obsidian Arm
    • 9 to 9:30 p.m. PST – Elder of the Unfathomable Abyss

Obtain Special Rewards

Beta Testers will have a chance to claim special rewards for either logging in or for participating in Urgent Quests. Make sure to check the requirements below to maximize your chances of obtaining them all!

Immediate Rewards

Players will receive these rewards immediately after logging in during the Closed Beta Test.

• First Login – Photon Halo B (Accessory) and Beauty Salon Free Pass (Consumable)

• Daily Rewards – EXP Boost +50% (x3), Rare Drop Boost +50% (x3), Meseta Boost +50% (x3) (Consumables)

Special Rewards

Players will receive these rewards when the game officially launches (release date TBA).

• Complete 1 Urgent Quest – Photon Halo C (Accessory), Triboost +100% (Consumable)
    • Complete 2 Urgent Quests – Photon Halo A (Accessory), Triboost +100% (Consumable)
    • Complete 3 Urgent Quests – Mag Dreamcast (Evolution Device), Triboost +100% (Consumable)
    • Complete 4 Urgent Quests – Coated Edge (Weapon Camo), Triboost +100% (x10) (Consumable)

Watch Concerts Live

Meet Quna, Oracle’s favorite music idol! Gather your friends during the Closed Beta Test and watch her perform live in the Ship’s Shopping Plaza. Concert-goers will not only have a great time but also receive multiple buffs afterward! It’s a unique experience that you will not want to miss!

• February 8t – 8 to 8:15 p.m. PSTh – Performing the songs “Our Fighting” and “Eternal Encore”

• Buffs Received – Rare Drop Rate Increase, Meseta Drop Rate Increase, and Experience Points Rate Increase

The time to join ARKS is almost here! See you in the Closed Beta Test!

Nore: The PSO2 Closed Beta Test is only available to players in the United States and Canada. You can register for early sign-up on Windows 10, but the Closed Beta is exclusive to Xbox One.
    https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/01/...-february-7th/

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

I'm on ship 01 if anyone is playing lol. GT is "A Qality Pun"

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I've seen Ryko playing but you probably already know that. I gotta wait for the PC drop unfortunately.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

When is the PC version coming out?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I don't think there's anything specific yet, but I've been seeing info that PC will get a beta a little later but the official launch might be the same as Xbox

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    I don't think there's anything specific yet, but I've been seeing info that PC will get a beta a little later but the official launch might be the same as Xbox
    I really hope this is true, their lack of news, or any information at all, on the PC version scares me into thinking it will be delayed to help promote xbox one sales or something.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Didn't bother with the closed beta to play it but now with the open beta this feels great to finally play it. Have not touched it since 2012 w/ the early days of the english patch.

I'm not surprised at it having a "battle" pass though but it does offer some nice things

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Full launch was yesterday and PC release next month

https://pso2.com/news/announcements/xboxonelaunch

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Yay, they do still know that PC exists. Having to wait an extra month kind of sucks, but at least it isn't too much longer.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Downloading this on xbox now.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth View Post
    Yay, they do still know that PC exists. Having to wait an extra month kind of sucks, but at least it isn't too much longer.
    Having to use the Microsoft store will be even more annoying. That thing doesn't even make proper icons for me half the time