Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Oh yeah, I remember the bad old days before Red Boxes. Of course the Red Boxes made it so as soon as one dropped everyone stopped killing shit and made a bee line for it hoping to grab some mad lewts only to find a photon drop...

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It's one of the reasons I stopped rare hunting in random groups. I'd be looking for something and there'd be that one dude that wouldn't really hitting shit but would be staying dangerously close to the mobs and because of the recovery frames from hitting stuff, you wouldn't be able to get it before they would. Then he'd get that rare everybody wanted and leave or play the rest of the map and make up some BS excuse about why he has to go now.

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yeah, I stopped rare hunting in PUGs too, but right after it came out and everyone realized what the Red Boxes where it became a mad dash for all of them. God, now I wanna play on the hacked PC server...

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Arathor

The mad dashes for red boxes could also be super fun, if you were with some friends ("Oh whoops, GOT TO IT BEFORE YOU! Do you need it?").. But those kind of people would suck, AoE. It DOES make me want to play on that PC server, but then I think about all the stuff I went through level and grinding wise, and it kills the desire. I hope PSO2 will be nice at least.

E. Body
    BG Level

Never got to play PSO because I didn't want to play offline on the GC. Out of genuine curiosity, what made PSO better than PSU?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Arathor

Hmm.. I played mostly when PSU had little people on it, which was in between content patvhes and soon before its death. Well, the lobbies were set out better in PSO than PSU.
    In PSU, you had to hunt down which lobby may have the most people in it (Which would change depending on events and days, from what I understand). So, you would end up spamming the same 3-4 missions, if you were lucky (White BEAST YEAH).
    PSO, you had one main lobby to meet people in (Separated into servers), and could join the rooms like normal and tag along in the story mission they were on. This made it easier to find people to play with, and games would be quicker. Spells auto targeted in PSO for the most part, and you only had to find higher ranked spells instead of spending a long time leveling them.

I also think some of it is just the fact it's a game some people grew up with, so it'll always be great in their eyes. I liked the social aspect very much, and how playing support in the game would also allow you to be a massive damage dealer when not needed. people seemed more relaxed in PSO, also (at least the people I knew). They would be willing to go through missions just to hang out and talk, rather than blast through in silence. But, i'm quite sure people have had vastly difference experiences~! Classes were pretty cut and dried, people being fairly laid back, the ease of getting into groups and not having to fiddle with jumping lands and lobbies made PSO really fun to play online.

/end random blathering ;x.

Random thing: Oh yeah, PSO had Telepipes, making it VERY easy to get back to your friends or organize town trips for gear and supplies. One really lame thing I recall are the times the shops would decide NOT to sell the trifluids you needed for magic, so i'd have to pull out ones I stocked up in the bank.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

I remember the days of AOL and raging when a phone call would ring or my sister would sign on and knock me off. I would scoure the internet for free ISP listings and connect to PSO with those until they went dead. Those were the days lol.

Also, I remember the "SPECIAL WEAPON". If you didn't rock this game during Dreamcast V1 you is a nub!

Back then, Heaven's Punisher, etc were prizes given away to JP by Sonic Team in JP-only events. Heaven's Punisher is what you got for first, 2nd place got something "Blood" which created the 3 purple weapons, and 3rd place was the Knuckles weapon. I remember NA ppl raging hard over that event being only JP, but everyone just hacked them after they added them to the code lol.

As far as the not playing with PUGs because of the mad dash for your red box, maybe they will do PSO2 like they have done the Phantasy Star Portable games; in multiplayer, everyone gets their own drop pool and you can't see other player's items. The only issue with this is that it is hard to celebrate drops with your friends as much when you can't see what they actually got XD Maybe a mixture of that and an announcement on screen (like PSO:BB has) letting everyone know when someone picks up a rare?

Either that or no matter who picks up the rare, it goes to a random person (PSO:BB Schtserv has this as well). Then at least you don't have vultures.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Honestly, my most fond memory of PSO was when people were MPKing others and you dropped your money and items when you died. In hindsight, I think it made people wanna play better for fear of one of your teammates being someone who might rob you.

fuck me someone just linked me to this video (didnt have internet when it was TGS) and holy shittttttttttttttt

just dont pull a PSU please.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Not much info, but it at least gives an estimated date for when we'll get some real new news about...
    From the most recent issue of Dengeki Games and via the news site Shougai PSO, an interview with Producer Sakai, Senior Director Terada and Director Suganuma has shed a little more light on PSO2

* Development of PSO2 has been running alongside PSP2 Infinity, so the game is further along in development than some people likely think.
    * Some kind of announcement may be made around the end of April, during the finals of the Infinity Grand Prix.
    * PSO2 will not be set in either Ragol or Gurhal. Instead, look forward to an even larger setting with numerous planets as indicated by the game's logo.
    http://www.pso-world.com/news/02350-...bits-pso2-info

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Fuck. I wanted to see some remodeled Ragol.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    Fuck. I wanted to see some remodeled Ragol.
    This. I feel like playing again PSO again lol, Psycho Wand ;;

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

DLC gogogogo
    They could easily add it as bonus content, or just add it as a different story, or an expansion, etc..

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Given the last iteration's inability to make better content instead of rehashing old content. I wouldn't be suprised if Ragol somehow makes it back into the story. Phantasy Star imo is plagued with nostalgia. Not getting my hopes anyway until we see worthwhile news.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Meian View Post
    This. I feel like playing again PSO again lol, Psycho Wand ;;
    oh how i miss my spread needle,

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by AoE View Post
    Not getting my hopes anyway until we see worthwhile news.
    two people, but we are of one mind. love ya bro

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Hope we get challenge mode. Being able to do it in in this game with groups that aren't 50% JP's who try to sabotage your run because you only speak English would be amazing. Oh fond PSOBB memories...

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

If this is anything resembling PSU, then keep it the fuck away from me. PSO worked for what it was, just improve upon that. It's not hard!

Then again, when I think about who works on this shit.. I guess it is too hard.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Arathor

Maaan, I wonder how it'll be, can't wait ;O.

(Heaven's Punisher. Fun times, fun times.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast