+ Reply to Thread
Page 100 of 102 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

At Tokyo Game Show, SEGA showed off some of the first glimpses of their upcoming revamp of Phantasy Star Online 2, New Genesis. The livestream, which is about an hour long, goes into multiple facets of gameplay, showcasing combat, the map, gathering and more.

The livestream revealed that there will be three classes at launch - a Hunter, Ranger and Force. The video showcases combat of all three, giving you a good idea of what you can expect when you take the role of one of the classes when New Genesis hits. Additionally, the game world, while open and seamless, are segmented into exploration and battle areas - the former letting you hunt and tame monsters as well as gathering; the latter brings non-stop team battles.

Go to 22:00 for Gameplay videos.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Sega and SE have partnered together for a NieR: Automata collaboration, that starts tomorrow !

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I used to love playing PSO1 back in the Dreamcast days, I've been meaning to try this one. I'm glad they finally ported it over to the US areas and we can check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Deckardcain24 View Post
    I used to love playing PSO1 back in the Dreamcast days, I've been meaning to try this one. I'm glad they finally ported it over to the US areas and we can check it out.
    They plan to have an expansion soon pso2 gensis so that is exciting to look forward to as well.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

New Genesis specs
    https://new-gen.pso2.jp/cbt/entry/spec/

JP closed beta application
    https://new-gen.pso2.jp/cbt/entry/rule/
    https://new-gen.pso2.jp/cbt/entry/
    https://new-gen.pso2.jp/cbt/entry/about/

NA CB will probably be announced this week too as there is a new genesis thing going on.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Recommended 10th gen intel CPU, and 2070Super? Jesus christ

If only my damn Ryzen 5900X arrived... still rocking my 2700X

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

NA side of NG info on saturday morning.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Na info from last night. Gameplay starts at the 22 min mark.

New trailer:

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I had fun with it for the time I played but it definitely felt like... idk.. Mario 64? Like there weren’t zones and stuff like FFXI or FFXIV... there were snapshots of areas, every area was a strike or something.

This new thing is shaping up to look really fun and cool. I hope they can deliver on it.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Still looks like poorly animated dolls. =/

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    Still looks like poorly animated dolls. =/
    I played XI for like 14 years, that shit dont bother me, I just hope this overhaul delivers in the fun factor :\

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    I played XI for like 14 years, that shit dont bother me, I just hope this overhaul delivers in the fun factor :\
    Whaa?? That's like saying you watch TV on CRT boxes and thoroughly enjoyed it. Ya, it was fun back then, but almost nobody wants that now in what's supposed to be a new game.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    Whaa?? That's like saying you watch TV on CRT boxes and thoroughly enjoyed it. Ya, it was fun back then, but almost nobody wants that now in what's supposed to be a new game.
    I play FFXI occasionally during the Free-Login periods and it looks as good/bad as I remember lol. But yah, its subjective, I can still play games like Valheim where you can literally count the pixels and not bat an eye, graphic quality has always been low priority for me. Sure its important to some degree but the trailers and stuff im watching for PSO2 look good enough, or at least what I've come to expect from MMOs, especially 9yr old MMOs getting a gameplay facelift.

Heck, the most recent game I've become addicted too is called "Loop Hero", look that one up.

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    I play FFXI occasionally during the Free-Login periods and it looks as good/bad as I remember lol. But yah, its subjective, I can still play games like Valheim where you can literally count the pixels and not bat an eye, graphic quality has always been low priority for me. Sure its important to some degree but the trailers and stuff im watching for PSO2 look good enough, or at least what I've come to expect from MMOs, especially 9yr old MMOs getting a gameplay facelift.

Heck, the most recent game I've become addicted too is called "Loop Hero", look that one up.
    There is a huge difference between a stylistic graphic choice and dated bad graphics.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I guess thats definitely a way you can view it. Regardless, PSO2's graphics just don't look dated or bad to me *shrug*.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Some Steparu videos that are good quality:

Gunner Class:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDuFDotzaCo

Fighter Class:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXoGktGpZEg

Mage Class:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_LksynIyWI

World Exploration:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYA7w0VrTYQ

I haven't changed my mind about the characters looking like plastic dolls, and the mage looks boring as fuck, but the rest of the game looks nice and I see fun combat in the gunner and fighter classes.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Yeah, faces are still looking a bit creepy, just like PSO2 lol, but everything else looks pretty great about that world and combat from what I've seen so far.

edit: Kind of just hoping gear is way less convoluted to deal with in this compared to PSO2. Augment system was just a bit too crazy. Battle pass type stuff also kind of lost me in the original PSO2.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm hoping so too because keeping track of different systems caused me to stop playing. I played PSO since the first but my brain is getting too frosty to deal with all the stats, the augments, the mags, weapon skills and weapons. Too much for me.