1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 49 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 10 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 13 hours, 49 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 20 hours, 10 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    It does not. You have to die with it on. Read: "Oh fuck" macro.
    That sucks because a lot of times where it will be really useful (end game) you're going to be dying in one hit (unless you're the tank). But it's still better than nothing. If you survive the first hit from an HNM you can macro it in like you say.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Except you cant change gears while in combat? Or am I missing something? Just gotta be in passive?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tearshang Pourlamour
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So when I uninstall the Beta I just go through the windows program uninstaller? Noticed or atleast to what I saw there is no uninstall program in my Beta program files. Don't wan't to lose all the character sets I made.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Character data should be stored in the My Documents/My Games folder (where patches are DLed to), which isn't deleted when you uninstall FFXIV.

* Character appearance data will be saved under the My Documents folder in Windows. Please be aware that the transfer cannot be done if the My Documents directory is deleted. Uninstalling the "FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version" will not cause the data saved in My Documents to be deleted.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tearshang Pourlamour
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Kk. Thanks. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't about to do something silly.

Vuitton

I had to outright manually delete the directory. It failed to show up in my uninstaller. XD Hopefully everything will be fine.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Might want to save your screenshots elsewhere before deleting that directory.

E. Body
    BG Level

So BG's going Kash, that Steam group is going to Lindblum, and RP's going to Besaid. What are the other large groups planning to go to?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sunnlona Iyrnlohwyn
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Kais View Post
    So BG's going Kash, that Steam group is going to Lindblum, and RP's going to Besaid. What are the other large groups planning to go to?
    Was it confirmed that BG was going to Kashuan? I though Sonomaa said that was only for Beta

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sign View Post
    Was it confirmed that BG was going to Kashuan? I though Sonomaa said that was only for Beta
    Really? If so, mybad then, I haven't been keeping up with the Beta since like two weeks ago

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sunnlona Iyrnlohwyn
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Kais View Post
    Really? If so, mybad then, I haven't been keeping up with the Beta since like two weeks ago
    http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/970...=1#post4083679

Found the post from Sonomaa. They may have changed their minds, don't think they have announced though.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Disappointing that those rumoured servers (Midgar, Balamb etc.) won't be available on the 22nd.
    Maybe not right away...

* Depending on heavy server population, new Worlds may be added.
    A note on registering your FFXIII product: I had same problem a lot of you are having. I went to register it and it kept telling me code was invalid even though I was holding it in my hand. Be very careful with the zero and O. The "O" character is really narrow and looks like a zero. If it's a zero it will have the line through it.

Once I changed my zero to an O it registered it just fine.

Crackodactyl
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Am I reading it right that you have to delete any FFXI characters made BEFORE you linked your POL & SE accounts and have a new active content ID from after you linked them in order to get the boots?

Old Merits
    BG Level

The creating a character before bit refers to FFXIV not FFXI. Content IDs are linked to character slot, not the actual character I believe anyway?

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

This is true, it would make 0 sense that in order to get the bonus from keeping your old XI account while you play XIV you would have to create an account -after- you link your POL/SE accounts... which they only started what, a year ago tops?

It's just further specifying that bonus items are given to freshly-created XIV characters ONLY. Which is lame, they should have some sort of item-pickup NPC in each city like in XI. They probably would have made more money that way too as a bunch of Collector's Edition people would have bought the Standard Edition too so they could collect the goggles without waiting 8 days to start playing. I'm actually considering ordering the CE and waiting 8 days... just to, even though the helm doesn't appeal to me that much. That's bad huh.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

I thought it was pretty clear that it was only for newly created characters on FFXIV.

I don't care much for the goggles. Only because I keep telling myself... "It probably won't stack with the Asuran Armguards."

Crackodactyl
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Yea when I read it this morning I was running on 2 1/2 hours of sleep. Makes sense now.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Anyone checked their SE account? I did today and found out that I have regular FFXIV service registered and Beta expired (obviously). I have an active FFXI account, could be a "placeholder" for in-game item?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

Quote Originally Posted by arshesney View Post
    Anyone checked their SE account? I did today and found out that I have regular FFXIV service registered and Beta expired (obviously). I have an active FFXI account, could be a "placeholder" for in-game item?
    When you check under services and options and check all services, I get 3 different services. One is Playonline, then right under it says Account Basic Service, then Final Fantasy XIV, and then I assume it's going to say something similar to Account Basic Service after you register for FF14 retail.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Doesn't make much of a differnce now but I just received an email from SE regarding the invalid code.

Thank you for your query. In answer to your email you have to wait till you get FINAL FANTASY XIV and register on your Square Enix account to use the code to get the bonus item. We apologise for this.

The release date for the Collector's Edition for FINAL FANTASY XIV is 22nd September 2010 and the normal version for FINAL FANTASY XIV is 30th September 2010.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast