1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 10 hours, 38 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 13 hours, 21 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 3 hours, 38 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 6 hours, 21 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    Pelvic Thruster
    BG Level

No, you cannot use codes across regions. And yeah i'm stuck in the same situation of not being able to pay with ultimatescam. Attempting to pay with a cc is not the issue. I can't pay with paypal balance or debit with the system.

It's also not an address thing as my confirmed paypal address is identical to my address in my s-e account.

What it is is a shitty bug that makes a shitty payment system shittier.

Be wary of using the prepaid ultimatepay cards as well. It stole my money and didn't give me credit. And yes i gave it time to go through.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reapz Sjc
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I fucked up on the ingame item registrations. It was late, I was tired/excited and didn't bother reading into stuff, registered the Onion Helm code, POL ID already linked and SE Members code inserted to go with my XIII one all before registering XIV on SE Account Management. Instead of overwriting my beta account I said to start a new one, because I wanted new name/character creation etc, and I guess all that stuff linked to the beta account or i've gone wrong somewhere because I don't have any ingame items whatsoever. I tried cancelling the new account and reinserting the XIV registration code to overwrite the beta account but yeh it can only be used once so I don't know what to do. Contacted SE customer support via email, awaiting a reply, bad times

Edit: Sorted Asuran Armguards out, forgot you were sent an email containing the code. But yeh, looks like I linked Onion Helm code to the wrong one and POL ID isn't registering for the Hermes Shoes

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

deleted

The Bloody Habanero
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

yeah this is bs. I didn't get the memo early enough to not register a new ffxiv code on top of my beta code that was there already. My helm item and my beta names are buhbye now. When I try to log on the game it wants me to setup services to create new characters now.. unless I'm missing something. So hopefully they'll issue a fix for this for us who fucked up to get our beta names and items back. Until then FF14 is a beer coaster now. figured it would just overwrite the beta code but I didn't think about my names being connected with it.

.. and I just had to register the onion helm first gddamnit.

I didn't catch this in time and I guess it just didn't click with me to not register over my beta. hopefully SE will fix this soon.

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com...1bc083cbb989ea

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I havn't got my copy of FFXIV yet so would someone mind clarifying the issue? I've currently registered my Asuran Armguards code but I've yet to get the game and register the retail code, does this mean I'm shit out of luck? From the way I read the annoucement I have to register a particular way or...?

Gay-O-Meter Rating
    c=8 c=8 c=8 c=8
    Hard Gay

BG Level

So I just made my character and didn't start out with my boots from my FFXI account. What gives?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Chat support 'temporarily unavailable'. On release day. Gotta be seriously kidding me......

Sorry if this has already been addressed, but I'm having a problem with my FFXIII code. I initially registered it like the day XIII came out, whenever that was, back in March. Problem is, when I go through acct. mgmt to try and retrieve my code for XIV it is showing XIV as the only game I have registered. When I try to re-enter the code I get a mssg stating that the code is invalid because it has already been used.

Any thoughts? I'm probably fucked, right?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

You're all fine. I reg'd the armlets code awhile ago. It doesn't show up anywhere until you enter a valid XIV key. Then you can see the armlets there. Can enter the helm before or after the reg key I imagine. Just don't delete your service account with the keys on em otherwise you lose everything. Keys are only usable once!

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Jorildyn View Post
    You're all fine. I reg'd the armlets code awhile ago. It doesn't show up anywhere until you enter a valid XIV key. Then you can see the armlets there. Can enter the helm before or after the reg key I imagine. Just don't delete your service account with the keys on em otherwise you lose everything. Keys are only usable once!
    So essentially leave everything as is and simply enter the retail code in the same way the armlets code was?

Pelvic Thruster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by barber2006 View Post
    Chat support 'temporarily unavailable'. On release day. Gotta be seriously kidding me......
    Ultimatepay and clickandbuy BOTH responded to me within a day with useful information. This is what S-E gave back to me:

"Thank you for your interest in FINAL FANTASY XIV!

Unfortunately, the SQUARE ENIX Support Center does not assist with billing or billing account creation issues associated with a third party company. You will need to contact Click and Buy or Ultimate Pay (Paypal) for further billing assistance. We do apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you."

Contact the third party sites to get your shit worked out. I had every problem in the book and I now have most of it sorted out. The actual entering codes and patching were smooth as hell (took 5 seconds since I had the patches from whoever mediafired) and I'm now in game.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Question!

If you want to actually get the Garlond Goggles as well, from the standard edition, would you be able to wait a week, purchase the standard, register the code on your SEID (along with the Onion Helm), then create a character that has both the goggles and the helm? I was worried it might only let you have one of the two.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

You'll get both items if you wait to create your character until after you input both codes. That's what I'm doing. I got the Collector's Edition and am just going to use these 8 days (7 now, thanks UPS) to fuck around and test/investigate changes and whatnot, then delete the character, input my Standard Edition code, then recreate and PLAY. Consumer whore, etc.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I am a little confused right now.
    When I go into the Services and Options, I see the following services:
    All services
    Account Basic Service
    FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Test
    FINAL FANTASY XIV

So then, if I go into the Select Service option, it has the option to "Add a service account" AND it shows FFXIV under Active Service Accounts. Am I supposed to add another service in order to input codes or am i supposed to cancel the already existing service first?

I saw the following message on the official website and now I don't know what to do/where to register codes, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Warning Regarding Transferal from Open Beta Test
    If you happen to register new service account during the transferal from FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test, you will not be able to transfer the Player Character name and obtain in-game bonus item.

If you participated in the FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta, a FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Service Account should be present under your SQUARE ENIX account. This FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Service Account can be transferred to the official release.
    * Note that this FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Service Account by itself does not allow for play.

Once you enter the registration code included with your game, you will be able to choose whether you want to transfer your FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Service Account to the official release or if you want to create a new FINAL FANTASY XIV Service Account. Please take care not to select the option to create a new FINAL FANTASY XIV Service Account unless you wish to lose all character information tied to your FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Service Account.

Please be aware that if you register any bonus item codes to your FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Service Account, you will not be able to redeem those items unless you transfer that FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Service Account to the official release.

In case you have registered new service account by mistake, please wait until the application procedure on how to correct the registration is announced.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Nox View Post
    I am a little confused right now.
    When I go into the Services and Options, I see the following services:
    All services
    Account Basic Service
    FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Test
    FINAL FANTASY XIV

So then, if I go into the Select Service option, it has the option to "Add a service account" AND it shows FFXIV under Active Service Accounts. Am I supposed to add another service in order to input codes or am i supposed to cancel the already existing service first?
    It is incredibly and unnecessarily confusing. I took the plunge and figured it out.

Hit the button to "Add service" where it says just underneath "You can also enter codes". The next screen will prompt you for the registration code. Punch it in, hit next. The next screen is where you will be prompted to transfer your beta registration. Since there's basically no reason *not* to do it, select that.

That should put you on track.

God only knows why they didn't just port everyone's beta registrations over by default. "Please select this option if you would *not* like cool stuff." Who the fuck's gonna do that?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Thank you, Cutriss. Finally have it registered.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8