1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 20 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 39 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 21 hours, 20 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 12 hours, 39 minutes
+ Reply to Thread

Will this system allow me to play FFXIV on max graphics settings?

Dell Studio XPS 8100
    Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 860 (2.80GHz, 8MB)
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit- English
    Video Card - 1GB ATI Radeon™ HD 5770 Graphics Card
    Memory - 6144MB (2x2GB) (2x1GB)1333MHz DDR3 Dual Channel Memory
    Hard Drive - 2TB Dual Hard Drive Raid 0 "Stripe" (2x1TB - 7200rpm)

I must see my new Taru in max detail!

Sea Torques
    BG Level

no, but it is close enough to enjoy high settings (just not max).

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Other than changing the rendering resoultion, what do you consider maxed? I was getting 30fps with everything set as high as you could at the default rendering resolution with much weaker pc specs. I also suspect the retail release would run slighty better than the beta code. If you can overclock that cpu, don't see why you couldnt do the same + higher fps than I did.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I just bought the exact same custom PC pretty much. It hits about 2600 on the benchmark on high, as for overclocking wish I knew how to try that out maybe!

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

No, you will be able to run it fairly. If you have the chance to upgrade that video card (while it's a good mid-range card) I would definitely do so as that will net you only fair performance.

As for maxing out settings, I don't believe anybody will be able to with Ambient Occlusion, or Depth of Field turned on. My i7 920 @ 4GHZ and over-clocked 5970 get's destroyed with those 2 settings on (although dual gpu solutions aren't currently working well if at all in the game)

the processor is good, however without an overclock its just good can be excellent top end with a 3.8-4.0ghz overclock. the 5770 will struggle really bad at max settings. To play max settings need a GTX 480 and even then overclock it. My 5870 still struggles a bit at 1000/1250 overclock, probably will be the first time I consider Xfire.

Dammit Steve of the House of Weave
    BG Level

Does XIV take advantage of hyperthreading? I have my i7 930 running stock atm, about to overclock it, would like to know if XIV even uses HT or if I should just shut it off to save on heat.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nours Sruon
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Don't think so.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I had Ambient Occ. off, but everything else high/highest. I also get a low score in the bencmark (1950), but open beta ran much better with the same overclock settings. I have a His 4850 1gb 256 ddr3 vid card (no overclock). What I noticed when trying to increase performance during OB was that overclocking my cpu did more to up fps than lowering settings in the ff14 config or even turning off AA/af. With the game running I went from stock speed of 2.0ghz to 2.6 and fps went up by 10-11. I use AMD overdrive or gigabytes easy-tune to oc in windows, rather than multiple reboots to test from bios settings. Might be a similar software program for intels cpus.