1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 11 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 12 hours, 38 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 4 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 5 hours, 38 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
    Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Questions about installing FFXIV

So, basically, in the rig I'm gonna use for FFXIV, I have a small SSD for Win7 (30gb) and a larger one for data/games. How do I get the beta installer (and I'm assuming next week the retail version) to run if I don't have enough space on my C:\ drive, but have 1TB on the other one?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

U go to custom install and change the drive / folder u install it to? Or am I missing something?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I guess he's worried about the 12GB the game wants on the partition with My Documents.

Anyway, your solution: change the drive path for MyDocuments

Old Merits
    BG Level

Go to your My Documents folder on the C drive, right click it and go to properties then select the location tab, then move it to your other drive. Can do this to all your default user folders to change the path windows uses.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Jojimbo View Post
    Go to your My Documents folder on the C drive, right click it and go to properties then select the location tab, then move it to your other drive. Can do this to all your default user folders to change the path windows uses.
    make sure to create a new folder named the same thing in new location (before you change the originals location)

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Thanks for the help guys, learned something new