Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Viq View Post
    Having played a lot of this game in Korean arcades, I could have told you on arcade release day 1 that this game will be dead in the States. I love me some Tekken, but I'm well aware of the gripes people have about T6BR. TTT2/U is so similar to T6 that once the novelty of "I USED TO FUCKING LOVE TAG TOURNAMENT!" wears off, people will drop this game like a bad habit. Just like T6, TTT2 is 90% footsies, really boring to watch if you don't really know what you're looking for, shitty rage mechanic, crazy juggles, and an insane number of match-ups to learn in a game where match-ups are incredibly important. I will still enjoy watching and playing it, but I fully understand why people here will lose interest very soon if they haven't already.
    I said nothing about it being dead in the states, just dead on BG. Lobbies are packed and I play daily, and I haven't watched a tourney in awhile so I can't comment on it being dead or alive there.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Tekken Tag Tournament 2

I NEED DAT! KevinTurtle

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Namco Bandai will release Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Edition as a retail game and Wii U shop download at launch. In stores Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Edition costs 6,980 yen ($87). A digital copy is 6,280 yen {$78}.

The downside of the downloadable version is it eats up 16.7 GB – that’s more than half of the premium Wii U’s storage space.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Edition has new features like a Tekken Ball mode, Nintendo crossover costumes, and the Mushroom Battle mode.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2012/10/25...nload-version/

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

lol

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2

This is why I don't understand how console manufacturers think they can get away with continuing to offer new systems with such a low HD capacity. They blow so much of their R&D cost on performance that they look at storage as an afterthought.

Here's to hoping that someone figures out how to up the Wii U's storage capacity. Thank god I can swap out the HD in my 360 and PS3

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I believe the wii u can take a TB HD though. Just 32GB is the default for deluxe

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Tekken Tag Tournament 2's Saudi Arabia stage has created quite a bit of controversy, due to a pattern on the floor making references to Allah.

The Saudi Arabia stage in TTT2 features a pattern on the floor, which contain the Arabic script for Allah.

This was unknown to the team's designers, as producer Katsuhiro Harada tweeted "we didn't know that. We will change stage design data as soon as possible. We couldn't read that."
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com...ve-to-muslims/
    https://www.twitter.com/Harada_TEKKE...27922049789953

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Why would the word 'Allah' be offensive to muslims?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

TTT2 Update patch schedule. PS3 US = Already patched. PS3 JPN = Already patched. PS3 Euro&Asia = November 3. XBOX360(World Wide) = Today
    https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/st...25187099258880

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

One of two reasons.

1: There are still people who think it's an offense to write the name of God.
    2: Middle Eastern Muslims get murdertastically buttfhurt about EVERYTHING.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Last weekend, Namco-Bandai began distributing the Ver. 1.03 update for Tekken Tag Tournament 2, which improves some of the online functions, fixes a few game bugs and updates the ground textures to the Saudi Arabia stage. First made available on PS3 in the US and Japan on October 26, today the update is available for Xbox 360 worldwide. The update will be coming to Europe and Asia on November 3. You can check out the content of the update below.

Changed “RANK MATCH” search conditions:

• Removed “Rank ±5 only”, added “Rank ±2 only”
    • By selecting “Rank ±3 preferred”, “Rank ±2 only”, or “Rank ±3 only”, it’s now easier to be matched with players near your rank.
    • When setting a win limit in “PLAYER MATCH”, the player who reaches the win limit is now moved to the end of the match queue.
    • When entering the WORLD ARENA lobby, the period for the next TOURNAMENT is displayed. (Not displayed during an active TOURNAMENT period)
    • When requesting a free battle in WORLD ARENA, and when finding an opponent in RANDOM MATCH ZONE, a distinct alert noise sounds.
    • When downloading replay data from TEKKEN CHANNEL and LEADERBOARDS, the download number is now displayed.

Changed the following in-game content:

• Adjusted Alisa and JACK-6 tag throw throw escape.
    • Adjusted the behavior of Alisa’s “Hertz Blade Aegis” when used in an juggle combo.
    • Changed the wall hit damage for P.JACK’s item move “Claw Crane” (u+1+4).
    • Changed the behavior of Sebastian’s Stone Garden (d/b+4, b+1) when used during a Tag Assault.
    http://shoryuken.com/2012/10/30/tekk...ng-november-3/

WiiU screen caps:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8053/8...9a552207_o.jpg

Some of those screens look rough.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Back in September, a player who managed to get their hands on an early copy of Tekken Tag Tournament 2 went through the contents of the game disc and reported that he found six additional characters on it, that weren’t accessible in the game. Three of these characters are being released as free DLC tomorrow.

Starting tomorrow, Tuesday, November 13th, Tekken Tag Tournament 2 will be available as a download title via PlayStation Network for the PlayStation 3. Along with the download version, Namco will also release three free DLC characters—Dr. Boskonovitch, Unknown and Violet.

Bosknovitch was last playable in Tekken 3, Unknown in the prior Tekken Tag Tournament game, and Violet in Tekken 4. Namco confirm that changes have been made to all three characters since their last appearances.

Additionally, the pre-order-exclusive characters are now being released as DLC, too. Ancient Ogre, Angel, Michelle Chang and Kunimitsu will be made available to regular players, also for free.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2012/11/12...playstation-3/
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/...ters-tomorrow/

No confirmation, yet, on a 360 unlock.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Yes yes that's all well and good. Where are my bikinis and fundoshi?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Bikinis are in the custom costume menu or are they still not in there for non-preorder people?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Edition has online multiplayer, but unlike the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions an online pass is not required. New copies of Tekken Tag Tournament 2 include an online pass, but if you purchase the game used you need to spend $10 to fight online.

Before you can get online you need to download an update for Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Edition, which took about five minutes to complete. I fought against a couple of players in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Edition online. Two matches were choppy with the latency meter switching between 1 and 5 bars throughout the battle. Another fight was smooth even though the latency rating was only 2 bars. Perhaps, that connection was "better" since it stayed 2 bars for the fight’s duration. Consider these early impressions since the Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Edition community is rather small. Getting into a scuffle can take up to five minutes.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Edition has all of the DLC and the pre-order bonus characters unlocked. Bonus stages like Snoop Lion’s ring are available in Wii U Edition too. Namco Bandai also made a bunch of Nintendo crossover costumes for the game. These are preset, so you can’t dress Jun up like Mario.

If you’re wondering who dresses up as Bowser in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Edition, here’s the complete crossover costume list.

Mario

Eddy Gordo
    Kuma
    Heihachi Mishima
    Bob
    Paul Phoenix
    Jack-6

Luigi

Slim Bob
    Prototype Jack
    Sebastian
    Wang Jinrei
    Marshall Law
    Miguel Rojo

Toad

Tiger Jackson
    Lei Wulong
    Jinpachi Mishima
    Feng Wei

Princess Peach

Ling Xiaoyu
    Lili
    Jaycee
    Christie Monteiro
    Panda

Bowser

Alex
    Roger Jr.
    Mokujin
    Ogre
    Ganryu

Fox McCloud

Dr. Bosconovitch
    Lee Chaolan
    Hwoarang
    Steve Fox
    Baek Doo San

Link

Jin Kazama
    Kazyua Mishima
    Yoshimitsu
    Lars Alexandersson

Shiek

Forrest Law
    Miharu Hirano
    Leo
    King

Zelda

Angel
    Michelle Chang
    Jun Kazama
    Asuka Kazama
    Nina Williams
    Alisa Bosconovitch

Ganondorf

Ancient Ogre
    Devil Jin
    Combot
    Armor King
    Sergei Dragunov

Zero Suit Samus

Kunimitsu
    Anna Williams
    Zafina

Captain Falcon

Craig Marduk
    Bruce Irvin
    Raven
    Bryan Fury
    http://www.siliconera.com/2012/11/19...nt-2-on-wii-u/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Katsuhiro Harada Missing or is this a Viral for the PC version?
    Katsuhiro Harada, the producer of the Tekken fighting game series, has gone missing, according to Namco Bandai studio representatives tweeting through his official Twitter account.

“This is TEKKEN Project support team,” the staff said. “Mr. Harada has been missing from office since a week ago. We are still searching for him. Thanks.”

We certainly hope Harada is alright and that he’s found soon. Or that this is some sort of pre-E3 stunt. (Though it wouldn’t be a very good one at that. It’s rather worrisome.)

Update: Wherever Harada is, he seems to be playing games on Steam.

“There appear to be some news articles worrying for Harada-san’s safety,” reads Twitter update. “However, we were able to confirm he has been logged into Steam daily, so we believe he is OK, but just has not shown up for work.”
    http://gematsu.com/2013/06/tekken-pr...ing-for-a-week
    https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/st...35989017378816
    https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/st...82752642285568
    https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/st...82778550489088

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8