1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 35 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 24 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 13 hours, 35 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 20 hours, 24 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Official/Most Reliable Wiki?

Was just wondering if there's a wiki like the one for XI at http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

I've tried googling it, but most of the results are very incomplete... I know we only had a beta, but come on. There was a decent crafting database site, but it seems to have mysteriously gone down.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

Quote Originally Posted by Malacite View Post
    Was just wondering if there's a wiki like the one for XI at http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

I've tried googling it, but most of the results are very incomplete... I know we only had a beta, but come on. There was a decent crafting database site, but it seems to have mysteriously gone down.
    http://ffxiv.yg.com/items Is the best thing I've seen as far as databases go with recipes and items and such. Zam has a decent listing of abilities, Eorzepedia is trying but not quite there yet. I dunno, it's still up in the air I think at this point.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Ya I've been using yg too it seems the most complete. I've gotten used to the wowhead-style websites more than wikis lately too.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shuichi Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I'm using the YG one as well. Seems to be organized and complete so far.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

http://db.ffxivarchives.com/ looks amazing to me. Almost just like Wowhead.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I would agree with everyone else. YG seems to be about the best imo. Has everything and looks and feels the best to me. http://www.ffxivrecipes.info/index.php is also a good data base just for recipes.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Yg because they hav all language =)

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Archives onry... when their data comes up to speed a little bit.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

For whatever reason this Archives site isn't bringing up any information when I search for items or try to select like all the armorer recipes and such. It's taking me to a different page but no information is being populated. I was able to get to the guides section of the website and was able to mouse over a link to an item and that was neat. Clicking on the item brought me to that item's particular page but ya, looks like they have some bugs to work out. This probably has some pretty good potential though.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

YG for now, Archives when/if they catch up/surpass; still missing a lot of basic things.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

whichever one the community decides on will be the one that BG puts in to link to items specifically.
    remember, its not always the "best" but the one not run by a bunch of asshats

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Our LS has integrated YG into it, but I still really like ffxivarchives quite a lot.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

You can syndicate both. That is what we're currently doing in NI.

Ought to be interesting to see who wins this battle.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I urge people to give Archives some attention... at least once their data is more filled out. It's so much easier on the eyes. Not to mention the people running it that have been posting here are very nice peoples. If people are using Yellow Gremlin as the default go-to right off the bat, Archives isn't going to get the submissions and such that will help them get up to speed. Contribute, yo!

If something could be like ffxiclopedia, that'd be great.
    Information was presented so well on that.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    I urge people to give Archives some attention... at least once their data is more filled out. It's so much easier on the eyes. Not to mention the people running it that have been posting here are very nice peoples. If people are using Yellow Gremlin as the default go-to right off the bat, Archives isn't going to get the submissions and such that will help them get up to speed. Contribute, yo!
    I definitely agree about the easier on the eye factor. I'm hoping people do just as you urge. I really like the Archives site.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

I personally like the way YG looks but I appreciate that the Archives team has been posting on the forums to ensure that users are having a pleasant experience with the site. My vote is for whichever makes the community happier I suppose.

Remember... whatever is decided on will probably become -the- database for XIV.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

FFXIVArchive's database is working for me now so I'm able to browse through things better. I may end up liking this more than YG but I'll need to take more than a quick glance to see how nice it is. It looks like it has a lot of promise though.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uwen Tribal
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I like Archives overall better than YG, but use both. If it's not on Archives yet, I check YG. If it's on YG, and I remember, I try to add it to Archives.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Mod Edit:
    -Link removed. Offensive material-

DONT DO IT AGAIN.

is actually looking extremely top notch. It lists several quests already and boasts an innovative map system that draws a path across a map to guide you between points of interest. Completely amazing.