1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 1 hours, 33 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 22 hours, 27 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 18 hours, 33 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 15 hours, 27 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    Lyramion's better half
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hopefulki Nozomi
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Though I did do many of my leves at 4 star difficulty.
    I think this may or may not have had something to do with it XD

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

I don't want to group before at least rank 15.

So you think you'll be able to kill rank 10 leves at 5-6 and rank 20 leves at 10? I tried a rank 10 leve at rank 12 Conjurer and got owned so badly I cancelled the leve after the first death. Doing 8 rank 10 leves would be a nice start, but some of those can be tough even at rank 12 due to what they spawn on the last mob that runs away. Though I did do many of my leves at 4 star difficulty.
    I did the Rank 10 (1 star) ones solo at Lv 7-8 on Archer. Figured if I do the initial quest and buy a shield for Gladiator I should be alright. This depends strictly on the mobs for the the leve though... Those spiders were a little rough in the 10 leves.

Rank 20 I'll do with some friends on 1 star.

Also I havent taken into consideration the reduced guildleve time.

Is it just me or did it seem like grinding was more efficient than doing leves?
    Say post lvl 13ish?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    Also I havent taken into consideration the reduced guildleve time.
    I hope SE announce a list of changes and that we don't have to figure that out ourselves. I don't think there's a way in-game to check when your leves reset.

New Odin
    BG Level

Exp wise maybe, but I think money will be quite important in the long run.

I wonder what kind of massive gil sinks are implemented later on, since the amount of gil generated will be insane with the GL system.

Lyramion's better half
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hopefulki Nozomi
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post

I wonder what kind of massive gil sinks are implemented later on, since the amount of gil generated will be insane with the GL system.
    Chocobo license, 10,000,000 gil! (oh god, I really hope there's no riding training a'la WoW.. I'd rather just do a quest)

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post

Most definitely. I bring it up because I thought they said they wanted leves to be the primary way to level. So then I started doing more leves at level 16 and the level 10 ones were no good but then the lvl 20 ones where hit and miss trying to get the difficulty correct. It just seem much easier to find a camp to grind at. Just seemed like it was much harder to maintain the 'average' exp gain rate with the varying difficulty between the leves..

New Odin
    BG Level

I agree. It's not good enough for just grinding purposes right now, but I guess it works as a good money maker for the time being.

I hope that changes, as soon as possible.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I wonder what they want us to do. Get a party and everyone have leves and just go through them all?

So far, it seems like leves work best to pick up and do while you're in the area, etc.

Like SE said, it's like getting rewarded for doing something you were already doing

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Azurewrath View Post
    I wonder what they want us to do. Get a party and everyone have leves and just go through them all?
    Can't see it being designed any other way, really.

Ideally, it would take few hours to do that. But at lower levels, it's more like 30mins. Not good enough.

Anti-crusade crusader
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I really hate leve sharing myself. I don't like wasting my guardian's favor on other people's leves, and I skill up faster solo. The gil reward is too low (Half of what they get should be fair), to get any sort of substantial monetary gain out of it. When you are leve sharing, people also tend to go for the harder ranks where I get one shotted by the angry imp who spams the insanely OP AoE move. No real way to keep hate, so your healers get one shotted as well. Overall, I don't like to party too much and I get better results solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Aristio View Post
    Overall, I don't like to party too much and I get better results solo.
    Feels good when the consensus of a MMO is "Partys aint worth the pain."

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

Went into work and a co-worker told me that he finally decided to order the game. He is expecting it to arrive tomorrow. He ordered it through the same place as me and he just ordered it YESTERDAY and he is getting it. I ordered mine the day it became available and its on backorder.

Anti-crusade crusader
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by outzaidur View Post
    Feels good when the consensus of a MMO is "Partys aint worth the pain."
    Don't get me wrong, I love to party. This was a major part of gameplay for me for the last 5 years, but until party dynamics are made, I'll stick to it solo. I just wish if one person activated favor, the entire group would get it. I would be more than willing to do leves with people if that was the case.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

http://wuselfuzz.de/images/14dispatch.png

Tuesday early morning in Europe, if it gets shipped today, all will be fine tomorrow.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aristio View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I love to party. This was a major part of gameplay for me for the last 5 years, but until party dynamics are made, I'll stick to it solo. I just wish if one person activated favor, the entire group would get it. I would be more than willing to do leves with people if that was the case.
    That's a good idea. They could lower the favor bonus regeneration, but make it possible to be used for everyone in the group at the same time.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I don't want to group before at least rank 15.

So you think you'll be able to kill rank 10 leves at 5-6 and rank 20 leves at 10? I tried a rank 10 leve at rank 12 Conjurer and got owned so badly I cancelled the leve after the first death. Doing 8 rank 10 leves would be a nice start, but some of those can be tough even at rank 12 due to what they spawn on the last mob that runs away. Though I did do many of my leves at 4 star difficulty.
    hes got the right idea
    since the rank 1 leves are baby steps at best theres no reason to take them
    just grind until 6o higher
    grab a friend and take some leves, do them and if you find more people invite them and increase the difficulty
    this is what I did with my ls in OB
    but when you get to rank 20 leves DO NOT put more than 2 stars even with a full company(?) PT w/e they call them
    I had luck beating one of the r20 leves, everyone in the PT (full15 members) was between 8-12 and that was the only one we did finish cause the rest where too hard, I would say 1 or MAYBE 2 stars for early r20 leves, unless you are all 12+ then you may have a fighting chance

Quote Originally Posted by Satyr View Post
    hes got the right idea
    grab a friend and take some leves, do them and if you find more people invite them and increase the difficulty
    but when you get to rank 20 leves DO NOT put more than 2 stars even with a full company(?) PT w/e they call them
    I had luck beating one of the r20 leves, everyone in the PT (full15 members) was between 8-12 and that was the only one we did finish cause the rest where too hard, I would say 1 or MAYBE 2 stars for early r20 leves, unless you are all 12+ then you may have a fighting chance
    Maybe I got lucky on the leves, but I was able to finish two level 20 leves as a ARC10. Granted they were 1 star, but nowhere near as bad as what you guys are describing.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Satyr View Post
    hes got the right idea
    My problem is it's mostly going to be a solo game for me for the first few weeks until I find an LS or create one. All the friends I was meant to be starting with can't run the game and are out until PS3 release, except one who probably played about two hours of the beta. Thinking about creating an EU LS on whichever server I go on. Probably should have planned that weeks ago but ah well.

I'll probably grind to 7, take 1 star rank 10 leves and do them at the same time as crafting leves so I can visit each city and get the teleport crystals on the way.

I heard they were going to introduce a zone in between the Ul'Dah and Gridania starting zones, is this true?

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast