+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Event     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by fishstix View Post
    anyone still watch? I was watching the newest one and was wondering if anyone can explain something I seemed to have missed
    Spoiler: show
    how did that captured badguy who was shot, escape and get to their field office? last thing I remember, he was in the hotel room, injured and then the couple drove off with the suv to go check on their house for evidence. The bad guy was still with the FBI agent in ep6, unless I missed something. Suddenly, he's in the Dallas field office in ep7.
    Didn't make sense to me either :/

m3lvin

The end of the episode with the little children was creepy.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

The show is pulling a "V" and going on hiatus for 3 months (time for the few fans it had to forget about it).

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Dryr View Post
    The show is pulling a "V" and going on hiatus for 3 months (time for the few fans it had to forget about it).
    I'm still watching it, but only because my DVR has a season pass set up on it; I don't think I would miss it if it were gone; a hiatus is not going to help. Last night was the first night in weeks I actually watched it the same night. I'm rapidly losing interest, even with the reveal twists at the end of the last two episodes having the potential to be interesting.
    Things I didn't like:
    We didn't see any sign of any of the Inostrankans: Sophia, Thomas and Simon were nowhere to be found. I found Sean & Leila more interesting when he was still looking for her; now they're just annoying in their insecurities. I'm not sure what Vicky's purpose in this whole thing is, other than to look absurdly hot. For an evil mastermind, Dempsey sure threw Vicky back into an extremely important role despite a ridiculously thin lie; I was hoping he was double-crossing her. The kidnapping of the doctor seemed forced, and saving Sean's life by doing surgery in an alley seemed awfully easy, and the doctor was mighty quick to pronounce "He's going to make it." Why did the doctor put on rubber gloves for himself, but Leila didn't need them to stick her fingers into his artery to stop the bleeding? Why do I automatically assume Sean is going to be just fine next episode, despite the gunshot wound? The President of the US doing his own investigation into phone records, and the Director of Intelligence being able to tell the level of encryption on a phone call from phone records. And whatever happened to the female FBI agent who was hanging around with Shawn until he got Leila back?

Things I liked:
    The shot of Sean & Leila stopping in the street and having a bad guy, out of focus, in the background shoot him from behind; that was actually a pretty cool shot. They actually gave us some answers and motivation on who was the mole in the government's inner circle and why; of course, they didn't really tell us the what. Dempsey's eyes throughout the show; the eyes of the actor (Hal Holbrook) are so deeply recessed in his face, it gives him an incredibly odd look, particularly when the eyes are bright red and bloodshot; some of this might have been make-up, some might have just been his features. Either way, I thought it was cool. Dempsey's odd semi-transformation at the end, possibly somehow tied to the inostrankans.

Fucking Jett Jackson.

So what about that ending? any thoughts! interesting stuff wish the had done it sooner. kinda crazy that it didnt cause a global catastrophe but yea still kinda cool.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Billy Bobe
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Sean should have left with Vicky and Leila should die.

Too bad they went the complete opposite direction.

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

Yeah interesting that the planet didn't cause more global events then just earthquakes. Everybody should've been wiped out just by its presence. Also pretty interesting putting an exploding planet next to the one you plan to live on. But i'm sure if they can move it all the way there they can bat it away. I'm sure everyone saw the "secret" the President's wife had coming a mile away. But it still raises many questions.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The planet is not exploding. Their sun was going supernova. I don't know much about geophysics, but I assume irradiation can't cause explosion? I agree with one point though, it should have cause far more severe cataclysms, like tsunamis and volcanic eruptions.

On a side note, it'd be pretty cool to have a habitable Terra 2 in rl. >_>

If they were just bringing their planet to our Sun, why did they need to make room for their people?

BG Level

There point wasn't to bring it to our sun. their planet is dying because of their sun so they need a new place. Which was my point about the planet before.

Must just be easier to get everybody close to earth then have people 'climb aboard' earth.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Billy Bobe
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Soon heavenly bodies shall align
    And the promised event shall arrive
    And the righteous few shall become many.

Death shall be life
    Fathers shall be reborn
    And the pure shall prevail
    And the slaves be vanquished
    And we shall return and inherit the Earth.

The chosen one shall rise among the slaves
    To lead the guardians of Earth.

Protector and Destroyer
    Key to their future, hand of our doom
    Only the chosen one can freely walk the board of fate
    And unweave our destinies.

And we shall fight to stop the chosen one
    This we know.

So this was on the NBC site written over the scroll Dempsey gave to Sean.

I can't wait for season 2.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Bilopdop View Post
    I can't wait for season 2.
    Only NBC canceled the show. Unless the talks of someone else picking it up go anywhere that's where the story ends.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Skullcrusher

i'd be fine with it ending there..

i dont like how simon teased "The Event" again whenever he was talking about the rebirth process

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Billy Bobe
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
    Only NBC canceled the show.
    Really?

That sucks...

Was there any special reason or was there just not many viewers?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Skullcrusher

idk, havent checked the # of viewers, but it seemed like a show that would do good.

FFS how long was lost on for, and it was so much more lame

Science Fiction Super Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

lol lost smashes this show on every level, don't get me wrong i dig the event and have watched every ep but quality wise lost beats this in every way.

show got canceled because of a declining viewer-ship and i believe i read something about the huge winter break they had between episodes

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Skullcrusher

it was an awfully long break i noticed between S1 and S2.

I guess everybody has different tastes, I just could not for the life of me get into Lost for some reason. I wish I could have, I would be more socially acceptable if I had!

BG Level

Shit lost kills The Event. But i digress I truly enjoyed this show. Wasn't something I looked forward to on a week to week bases but I still enjoyed watching it on Hulu every time I got the chance. Would love for a second season. And Simon's nod got me interested in what direction they were taking this. As apposed to just some standard and overdone we are simply here to kill you so we can have some land for ourselfs.

Witty Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eticket Pogona
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post

FFS how long was lost on for, and it was so much more lame
    lol