1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 57 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 2 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 11 hours, 57 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 22 hours, 2 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Blasta View Post
    So on a more serious note, is Crysta the only "good" choice now?
    Crysta isn't even a choice. You have to buy Crysta. Your only choice is how you buy it.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Valarcrist View Post
    Just need to pay for 1 option.
    Nvm, basic account fee doesn't include first character fee. So going to need to purchase 2 options =/

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Hmm, after more reading I've decided I don't want to use ClickandBuy and switch to UltimatePay/PayPal. I unregistered via the SE account site and have sent an email to ClickandBuy. However, when I attempt to register a different payment method on the SE account site it only shows me the ClickandBuy page now. Am I missing a step?

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Anvilmar

Quote Originally Posted by Ziero View Post
    Crysta isn't even a choice. You have to buy Crysta. Your only choice is how you buy it.
    From everything I understand you don't have to buy crysta. You can pay directly with a credit or debit card, you just have to go through Click and Buy to do so--thus the dilemma. If I'm wrong feel free to correct me, however.

Pelvic Thruster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    Added 2000 Crysta through Paypal, chose to use a Credit Card instead of instant-transfer just to confirm it works. Seems rather painless.
    ?? It doesn't give me the option of paying by cc. Debit or instant transfer only. And it's not working with either.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Wafuru View Post
    From everything I understand you don't have to buy crysta. You can pay directly with a credit or debit card, you just have to go through Click and Buy to do so--thus the dilemma. If I'm wrong feel free to correct me, however.
    Oh that might answer my question. I just have to Add Crysta and not use the Register section.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Yoli View Post
    Is this really as bad as people are making it out to be? Clicktobuy that is. The charge after 12 months of inactivity without you canceling the account in writing is annoying, sure, but lots of credit card companies charge non-activity fees. So it's not that outlandish. Neither is a test charge of two dollars or so at the start. And 12 months is a pretty long time to remember to cancel (since, as long as you're still playing ff14, you're still paying, right? Just have to remember to cancel when you quit). They should explain the charges better than it sounds like they do though. I'm not a fan of this, but it seems like some of you are making it out to be more of a scam than it probably is.

I'm disappointed if its true we can't just directly pay via credit cards though.
    I doubt anybody would object if they selected Paypal and not Clickandbuy. Nobody heard of them until today. The biggest bullshit I find in this though is that SE has somehow managed to make this worse than POL, which even had direct CC payment, fucking amazing SE, be proud of yourselves.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Anvilmar

I found the relevant section, it's under 'About Payment Methods' on the Account Management Site.

Credit Card/Debit Card via ClickandBuy account

In addition to Crysta, you can pay for some services with a credit card or debit card using a ClickandBuy account.
    ClickandBuy is an account-based billing system provided by ClickandBuy International Limited. An account can be acquired for free and used to add options and automatically pay service fees per service period. To use credit cards or debit cards as your payment method, select "Credit Card/Debit Card via ClickandBuy account" from the payment method selection screen.
    *It is possible to register multiple credit cards and debit cards to a single ClickandBuy account.

For information on service fees, please refer to the service's website.

Depending on your country of residence, Square Enix Crysta may not be available. If you live in such a location, please use "Credit Card/Debit Card via ClickandBuy account" to settle your service fees.
    *Square Enix Crysta will become available in more countries as they are legally approved.
    So yeah, you don't have to use Crysta but if you don't want to, you gotta use Click and Buy :/ I think I'll be looking into PayPal.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Added 7,000 Crysta through UltimatePay/PayPal. Completely painless aside from the overspending and now I'm set for the next 6 (7) months.

Kristenn's Kat
    BG Level

I haven't checked this out myself yet. Do you have to go in and ask for them to pay for your character (via Crysta) every month, or is it auto-renewing as long as you have enough Crysta in your account?

Dr. Salami
    HERO OF TIME

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

This is fucking retarded, how hard is it to set up billing through SE themselves? Christ almighty, if they keep the web based log in that they used in open beta, they can put an option there for managing billing on account, or make an option from the SE account management site. Why make us go through all these extra steps?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Sent email lol, crysta is so much easier

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Quote Originally Posted by Selamis View Post
    This is fucking retarded, how hard is it to set up billing through SE themselves? Christ almighty, if they keep the web based log in that they used in open beta, they can put an option there for managing billing on account, or make an option from the SE account management site. Why make us go through all these extra steps?
    It means they themselves don't have to hire people to handle account inquiries.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Yoli View Post
    I haven't checked this out myself yet. Do you have to go in and ask for them to pay for your character (via Crysta) every month, or is it auto-renewing as long as you have enough Crysta in your account?
    You have annual automatic billing with the frequency based on the plan you choose. No one has an option service yet, but I believe it will continually debit your Crysta (or card via CaB if you dare) until you cancel the option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Selamis View Post
    POL was SE's own billing service. And they admit it was a failed mistake, thus why FFXIV doesn't use it. The Crysta route really is painless aside from having extra Crysta laying around between payments. As long as you have enough Crysta on your account you'll never have interrupted service, and no charge backs, processing errors, or the like.

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

how do you cancel this click n pay shit, any specific email address? or does filling out a contact form on their website w/ the topic being account termination work?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by ZarakiKujata View Post
    how do you cancel this click n pay shit, any specific email address? or does filling out a contact form on their website w/ the topic being account termination work?
    Go to their help page and search for cancel. It will give the email address you should contact. Send them a message along with your account number found on your profile home page and they should get back to you. I'm still waiting.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

My Fucking god this is stupid, I couldnt purchase 50 dollars of crysta it just wouldnt let me with my card, but I could purchase 20 dollars..... and no its not my balances.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Edit: Just went through the crysta process my god its so much easier than Click to Buy, you buy the crysta update your paying method to crysta and voila..done... sooooo easy.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

No. That is a misunderstanding.

1000 Crysta/mo (for service) + 300 Crysta/mo (for character) = 1300 Crysta for basic account.

If you use the Ultimate/PayPal method that is 2 transactions since you have to purchase 1000 and 500 to pay for a month with 200 remaining for the following. If you go on a month to month basis...

Third month: Buy 1000 Crysta and use remaining 400. 100 left.

Fourth month: Buy 1000 Crysta and another 500 Crysta. 300 left.

Fifth month: Buy 1000 Crysta and use remaining 300. BACK TO START.

So why are people opting to use these ghetto Microsoft bucks?