1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 1 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 15 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 18 hours, 1 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Thats US dollars, its converted down to 899 crysta for EU players

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

fuck i wish i read this sooner. I got charged 2.50 for signing up. wtf

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    fuck i wish i read this sooner. I got charged 2.50 for signing up. wtf
    The 2.50 is, as stated a bunch of times, an authorization fee. It'll get refunded unless you're saying your bank charged a 2.50 processing fee on top of the 2.50 authorization. It's a common practice used by many, many companies nowadays before verifying an account for payment plans or subscription fees.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by BlackheartX View Post
    So why are people opting to use these ghetto Microsoft bucks?
    Because the only direct pay option is through ClickandBuy which has been deemed extremely shady.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

The only question I have is if you can set your crysta balance to be automatically refilled (via Paypal) at the end of the billing cycle or on a specific monthly/quarterly date. If we have to do this manually every fucking time it's going to turn into a huge hassle that no one will want to deal with.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

I dunno... Click & Buy seems shady. I'd rather deal with PayPal since I've been using it for years. I'm sure others feel the same way.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Olo401 View Post
    The only question I have is if you can set your crysta balance to be automatically refilled at the end of the billing cycle or on a specific monthly/quarterly date. If we have to do this manually every fucking time it's going to turn into a huge hassle that no one will want to deal with.
    That's why they have all of the different purchase amounts ($5, $10, $20, $30, $50, $100). It is no different than Microsoft Points. Buy as much as you want, refill when necessary.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Also, since click and buy is located in London, there will be an oversees service charge for each monthly fee. and anybody figure out how much crysta it is for a month of XIV fees?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    I dunno... Click & Buy seems shady. I'd rather deal with PayPal since I've been using it for years. I'm sure others feel the same way.
    Personally, I think it's a bunch of fear mongering over something that's really not that big of a deal. Most companies don't stay in service or sign into service with major corporations over a span of 10 years if their services are outright shitty/shady. Sure, there's some potential for ambiguity in the wording of all of it, and I'm sure there's been people that have bad things to say about it (unhappy customers are always the loudest, etc), but I'm not seeing any need for the huge amount of freaking out over this. I suppose if there's some huge fiasco in one month's time, foot meet mouth, etc, but I'm just not seeing anything that's really causing me any alarm.

I might switch to crysta anyhow, simply because it looks like they do their payments in Euros, which doesn't bode well for someone having to pay in in USD because of less than stellar conversion rates, but aside from that the contract looks like fairly standard fare.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
    That's why they have all of the different purchase amounts ($5, $10, $20, $30, $50, $100). It is no different than Microsoft Points. Buy as much as you want, refill when necessary.
    Yes I know this already. My point is having to manually re-add crysta is bullshit - The moment you forget to re-up, your account gets shut off. And if you ever decide to quit, you lose any money you already converted to crysta. There needs to be a way to automatically pay service fees without using this shady third-party billing service.

This entire system is designed to screw the consumer, one way or another.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Agree ^
    No reason not to have SE be lazy about it and just add a billing section to the account, and make montly withdraws like XI does.

So not using C&B, Crysta is the only option then? And I have to use paypal for this? I just cant pay with my CC?

Kristenn's Kat
    BG Level

You can pay pal w/ your credit card, can't you? (Not sure, haven't pay palled in a long time)

I have no clue on what am I supposed to do with this crap.

Forcing me to get an EU account and pay with Euros is bad enough but now I have to jump through hoops to pay them their damn monthly fees?

Come the fuck on SE.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Yeah it is really annoying...

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Yoli View Post
    You can pay pal w/ your credit card, can't you? (Not sure, haven't pay palled in a long time)
    PayPal can directly bill your credit card or debit your bank account. You don't need to carry a PayPal balance.

Yes you can. PayPal is legit

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Yes you can. But you can't set up monthly billing to SE with Paypal - only Click & Buy. If you use Paypal you're buying Crysta.

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Can just tie a CC to your paypal?

It would seem you can also add crysta through those little card thingys they sell at 711, sales tax :/
    Why does everyone have to jump on this band wagon of this bullshit point system. It is just there to screw you over. First they did it with those damn gift cards and now they are doing it with FFXIV

Nut Steamer
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Just outta curiosity, what kind of billing system Japanese players have? Don't tell me they actually go to click this and that.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast