1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 10 hours, 24 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 13 hours, 35 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 3 hours, 24 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 6 hours, 35 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Saroyan View Post
    Pretty complete explanation straight from SE here:

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com...vi/envi04.html

From SE "The Lodestone" website

"Crysta can be added to an account using a credit card, and then used to pay service or subscription fees. Crysta may also be used to add options, and can even be designated as a means of automating regularly scheduled payments."

So it should at least be possible to buy a chunk of Crysta with paypal and have automatic deductions taken from your Crysta account without having to log in and manually pay each month.
    Yes it's possible. But when the crysta runs out, your account gets suspended until you manually refill it. If you buy 10k Crysta and go with the most economical route (6-month plan), you will have to remember to refill again after the first six months:

10,000 Crysta (Balance)
    - 4794 Crysta (6-month Subscription Fee)
    - 1800 Crysta (6 months worth of Player Fees)
    = 3406 Crysta
    - 6594 Crysta (next six months total)
    = 3188 Crysta shortfall

If you choose the monthly subscription option, you'll of course run out of Crysta faster.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Heaven forbid you need to remember to buy some more every 6 months.

Are the JP's bitching as much as we are?

Pelvic Thruster
    BG Level

"Paypal express checkout has rejected your payment. No gaems for you!"

Still have no way to pay. Guess i'll hit wal-mart later and try to buy a points card there

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    Are the JP's bitching as much as we are?
    Do they ever?

I'm surprised that SE didn't make making payments even more obscure and confusing.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Question A) Has it been confirmed that there will be a 30 day free trial after purchasing the game?

Question B) If so, do I have to load up some Crysta in order to redeem my 30 day free trial of the game?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by MakinBaconNeked View Post
    Question A) Has it been confirmed that there will be a 30 day free trial after purchasing the game?

Question B) If so, do I have to load up some Crysta in order to redeem my 30 day free trial of the game?
    A) Yes.

B) Doubtful.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
    Heaven forbid you need to remember to buy some more every 6 months.
    I think the more significant point is that you can not easily break even so that you do not have a surplus of points. Who am I kidding, that is the whole point of these (more) fake currencies.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
    A) Yes.

B) Doubtful.
    Sweet, I'm going to wait until closer to the end of the 30 days to buy any Crysta or decide whatever I am going to do. Maybe things might change in the next month (although I doubt it)

Old Merits
    BG Level

Once you've registered FFXIV, register an Option and choose to pay with Crysta. There will be a default balance of a month's worth of stuff in your account, which you can use to pay for the first 30 days, putting your balance at 0 and not requiring you to put in any CC details.

Whatever you do, don't use ClickAndBuy - I went down this route first, and they almost got me - if you choose them, they will try to charge you money for the first month, even though it's supposed to be free (I don't know what would actually have happened had I clicked yes, but I was sent through to the Barclaycard Secure Code embedded page and they were trying to charge me £2.50)

Also, for Brits, it's 100 Crysta = £1. 689 Crysta per month for 'Basic Service' and a further 210 Crysta per month for each character ('option'). Thus 899 Crysta = £8.99 per month.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by ½pint View Post
    if you choose them, they will try to charge you money for the first month, even though it's supposed to be free (I don't know what would actually have happened had I clicked yes, but I was sent through to the Barclaycard Secure Code embedded page and they were trying to charge me £2.50)
    That's not the game fee.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

That money will be refunded to your account once you confirm your card... You actually need to know the amount they charged you in order to confirm everything. They are just checking that you are the owner of the card, as only the card owner "should" have access to the statements.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for contacting ClickandBuy and for your message.

During the registration the amount of USD 2,50 may get reserved on your card temporarily in order to check the card’s validity. ClickandBuy always cancels this reservation straight away. It will be available to you again in a couple of days depending in your credit card issuer.
    This is purely a reservation and no funds are taken from your card.

In the event that the reserve does not get released please contact your credit card issuer to speed up the process.

Please select answer or reply when responding to this e-mail as opposed to sending a new e-mail as this will aid us in resolving your issue with more efficiency.

Yours sincerely,

ClickandBuy Service-Team

Language: am
    Subject: My Account
    Sub-Category: Registration
    Please enter your question or comment here:
    Why do i have a charge of $2.50 on my card from Click and buy after registration?
    this is a pretty common practice just to verify the card is valid.
    it seems like a shady company, but what company doesn't these days. taking a risk with this company might pay off better than the guarantee of overpayment you get with the s.e. points. the thing that made me laugh the most was how they recommended just letting the account sit if you aren't using it when that lack of use fee is in place.

It's like when I stayed at the hotel, they initially over charged my CC by about 40 bucks. This is because they "assume" people are going to watch movies, or use other features. Yeah it sucks but after a few days it went back down to the normal price. As everyone has been saying. Common practice now.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    It's like when I stayed at the hotel, they initially over charged my CC by about 40 bucks. This is because they "assume" people are going to watch movies, or use other features. Yeah it sucks but after a few days it went back down to the normal price. As everyone has been saying. Common practice now.
    That's not quite the same as an authorization, you were just overcharged.

Quote Originally Posted by Boom View Post
    That's not quite the same as an authorization, you were just overcharged.
    No, it's the same thing. I wasn't overcharged like I thought I was, I was charged the correct amount once it finally went through.

Or you can think of it like this. When you get gas, you'll see a $1.00 charge on your card no matter how much gas you get. They do that to make sure it's active and then later will charge the full amount towards your card and refund the $1.00.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Yoli View Post
    I think you're over-thinking it a bit. It sounds pretty fine to me (although I'd prefer a simple "here's my card, bill me per month approach" ... then again, it sounds like you can get that kind of approach if you want. I'd be willing to bet a good deal this company SE partnered with is absolutely fine for that. SE can't have gotten into the business relationship w/o looking them over at least enough to take care of their due diligence. Concerns over it seem way overblown to me.)

Explain how I can do the just charge my frigging credit card option because I don't see it. I have looked at using DickandClick and also the paypal option. On DickandClick it seems you might have some charges using a credit card and using the paypal option I can't see how you can just have it deducted automatically. On Clickanddick I guess you can give them your bank information and it is free, but do you still have to pay the 5.9% currency exchange fee if you are not EU. This is pretty annoying billing system and a step backward from playonline if anyone can believe that.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nours Sruon
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

What's so hard about clicking for 20 seconds on a paypal page every 30 days? idk

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

remembering. Some of us are older you know.

But seriously it is an annoyance factor

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast