1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 49 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 10 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 hours, 49 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 8 hours, 10 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Just watch, that Click and Buy site will go under one day and we'll all be fucked. That shit looks so dodgy. The fuck cant we just charge our shit directly?

Vuitton

Quote Originally Posted by Ayr View Post
    Just watch, that Click and Buy site will go under one day and we'll all be fucked. That shit looks so dodgy. The fuck cant we just charge our shit directly?
    They're one of the largest online service intermediaries in the world. I don't think they're going anywhere. iTunes uses them, as well as many other businesses around the world. Someone linked their LinkedIn profile earlier.

Pelvic Thruster
    BG Level

Clicking on a paypal page would be great if it actually worked for me. Too bad it doesn't.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

As annoying as c&b is and faced with the choices presened by SE, I'm not going to be manually paying and logging into paypal and my SE account etc., every so often to pay SE. I'll gladly pay an extra couple bucks a month and let c&b do it for me.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

For people who dont want to math:

30 days = $9.99 (999 Crysta) + $3.00 (300 Crysta) = $12.99 (1,299 Crysta)
    90 days = $26.97 (2,697 Crysta) + $9.00 (900 Crysta) = $35.97 (3,597 Crysta)
    180 days = $47.94 (4,794 Crysta) + $18.00 (1,800 Crysta) = $65.94 (6,594 Cyrsta)

500 Crysta (USD 5.00)
    1,000 Crysta (USD 10.00)
    2,000 Crysta (USD 20.00)
    3,000 Crysta (USD 30.00)
    5,000 Crysta (USD 50.00)
    10,000 Crysta (USD 100.00)

Note you dont need to buy 100$ worth of crysta to do 180 days, you can do 50 and 20.

Yearly Costs:
    12 x $12.99 = $155.88 (Save $0) [Really $160, $0 Savings, 422 Cyrsta left over]
    4 x $35.97 = $143.88 (Save $12) [Really $145, $15 Savings, 122 Crysta left over]
    2 x $65.97 = $131.94 (Save $23.94) [Really $135, $25 Savings, 306 Crysta left over]

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Tanaris

I hate how we have to buy more crysta, rather than a definite amount, I feel like I'm not really saving anything if I do the 6 month plan, I know it carries over but one day you will quit and you're gonna have all this uneven left over crysta.

Also... about this

What exactly is a book out fee?

Credit Card: 3.9%

Book out Fee: up to 15.00 EUR

Currency Exchange Fee: 5.9%

A. Body
    BG Level

This all looks horrible and I'm not happy.

At first I was glad that I wouldn't be locked out due to 3D anymore, but I look at this stuff and I don't trust either system. One is fake money and the other is a crap website, why can't I just use a straight debit card?

THAT SAID, I suppose crysta can work when I break down and get this game.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Like every company, some people will have had nightmares with them. It's always those people who complain the loudest. Do you really think a company that does millions of transactions is going to get each one perfect? If you Google about PayPal you'll find similar stories. Point is, 99.99% of people aren't going to have any problems. That said, I still wish I went through PayPal, I just think people are exaggerating this situation.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Going the paypal route myself, seems as though down the road I will have less issues with it then clickandpay (and fee's slowly piling up over time for using a credit card)

Vuitton

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    Going the paypal route myself, seems as though down the road I will have less issues with it then clickandpay (and fee's slowly piling up over time for using a credit card)
    I also went with PayPal/Crysta. This other site is just another version of PayPal and I don't want to manage 2 of these sites. Also, while I may have little bits of Crysta left over, at least eventually they'll be used. The same can't be said for the small fees you could get dinged with at the other site.

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Both available systems have huge downsides and very little upside as payment methods. I really wish they had allowed us to pay for the game through several other means. Real Game Cards would have been a decent solution, but it would be counter-intuitive to their anti RMT stance on payment methods. However, Paypal would not be. I can see where they do not want to handle their own billing. Doing it this way allows them to charge Click & Buy and have C&B then go after delinquent accounts through legal means at no cost to SE. Its sad that they chose to ONLY go through C&B. Paypal is a much better respected and well know entity in North America and would have been an ideal partner.

C&B seems to work similarly as Paypal though. You can use it as an online bank account. The "book out" fee is if your shit bounces, just like a returned check fee is with any other company. The Withdrawal fee is if you put 50$ in and you want to get it put back into your real bank account. The $1 fee for dead accounts, is only if you have money in your account. The only thing that doesn't seem like its on the up and up is their privacy policy, which really bugs the shit out of me.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Hey.

I checked the registration process by curiosity and there's a big flaw (well I think it is one at least..) The "Terms and Conditions" of Clickandbuy is only written in ENGLISH.
    Meaning that, if you do not speak English, you cannot understand to what conditions you're agreeing to when opening your Clickandbuy account to pay the FFXIV monthly fee.

If you're not a native English speaker instead of complaining about the fact that ClickandBuy sucks, you could point this out to SE and tell them you refuse to agree to conditions you do not understand. Maybe if too many people complain about different problems, they will change the payment method. Or at least add new ways to set a subscription to pay for FFXIV.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by chris34 View Post
    Or at least add new ways to set a subscription to pay for FFXIV.
    Thats why they have UltimatePay/Paypal.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Updated:
    Yearly Costs:
    12 x $12.99 = $155.88 (Save $0) [Really $160, $0 Savings, 422 Cyrsta left over]
    4 x $35.97 = $143.88 (Save $12) [Really $145, $15 Savings, 122 Crysta left over]
    2 x $65.97 = $131.94 (Save $23.94) [Really $135, $25 Savings, 306 Crysta left over]

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    Thats why they have UltimatePay/Paypal.
    It's not a subscription.

I wish we knew about this earlier, this is the kind of thing that should get hate not the silly surplus junk.

A. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Freelancer View Post
    I wish we knew about this earlier, this is the kind of thing that should get hate not the silly surplus junk.
    Give it time.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Anyone else having troubles with Ultimateblabla/Paypal? they keep canceling my payment.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Confirmed details:
    If you have registered with ClickAndBuy and you then start a character and service you will not get charged for the first 30 days, it has a 30 day discount.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kargath

Quote Originally Posted by Arthain-Baka View Post
    Confirmed details:
    If you have registered with ClickAndBuy and you then start a character and service you will not get charged for the first 30 days, it has a 30 day discount.
    You shouldnt be charged for the first 30 days regardless, thats not a discount, thats you paying for the damn game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast