1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 9 hours, 53 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 14 hours, 6 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 2 hours, 53 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 7 hours, 6 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level

Actions stayed on after changing class in beta's, however you had to have enough points for them on the class you changed to or they'll get removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrina View Post
    Not actually playing myself atm, but ~

Abilities on the action bar now stay after changing classes:
    http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/988...=1#post4128230

Seems menu/UI lag is gone:
    http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/988...=1#post4128154

There are two active streams at the moment (that I've seen posted in the Random Question thread, at least)

The player in the first seems to be doing a fair amount of combat with a party whenever I pay attention to it: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/shunti

Second was focused on crafting for a while when I was watching, but seems to be in a party now: http://www.justin.tv/kkgtv#/w/408229056/4
    Any idea what some of them are using to stream their game windows? I've been trying a lot of tools lately and they all seem to run like dogshit compared to some of those.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

So... I was hoping that when you set actions/abilities/weaponskills on the action bar for a given class, when you switch classes, they disappear and you have to set the action bar up differently for each class and that switching back to the previous class would 'remember' your actions you had set on it.

So, now it just keeps everything on the bar and you -have- to make action change macros to clear shit off of them? (or do it manually each time you change your main-hand)

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elrina Miona
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Darus Grey View Post
    Any idea what some of them are using to stream their game windows? I've been trying a lot of tools lately and they all seem to run like dogshit compared to some of those.
    I've got no idea, sorry

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Antonidas

Quote Originally Posted by Vuitton View Post
    I think my dick is larger in release than in beta. I'll post screens so you can judge.
    Holy shit, IT IS!

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elrina Miona
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    So... I was hoping that when you set actions/abilities/weaponskills on the action bar for a given class, when you switch classes, they disappear and you have to set the action bar up differently for each class and that switching back to the previous class would 'remember' your actions you had set on it.

So, now it just keeps everything on the bar and you -have- to make action change macros to clear shit off of them? (or do it manually each time you change your main-hand)
    GW: So even abilities you can’t use won’t be unequipped?

DK: For example, when a gatherer changes to a fighter class, their gathering skills are automatically unequipped. We’d like to change that to make it less cumbersome when they decide to switch back.

GW: We’ll be able to set both battle and gathering skills and change which are usable just by changing our weapon?

DK: If there is space. We’re still working on making unused skills not take up AP. There are still other things that need adjusting, but I can say we are currently working on a solution.
    I was hoping pretty much the same as you till I read that exchange on Core earlier. Seems a more cumbersome way to go about it, but whatever ~

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post

Somehow I already knew this was going to be the end result. Fuck hope!

Vuitton

Just use Action Bar #__ for each class you play. We have several different action bars, right? I don't remember offhand how many we have, but surely enough for 4-5 classes? Just give each action bar a class and scroll to it when you switch.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Vuitton View Post
    Just use Action Bar #__ for each class you play. We have several different action bars, right? I don't remember offhand how many we have, but surely enough for 4-5 classes? Just give each action bar a class and scroll to it when you switch.
    This is what I'm probably going to do, but when I hit the point where my classes have more than 9 abilities I want access to (endgame, etc.), it's going to get stupid... especially with the limited macro lines. It's going to take 2~4 macros to fully change between two highly-developed classes ;/

oh, there was only 3 action bars in open beta as far as I knew

Yeah. I saved my beta macros in that way knowing that good things wouldn't happen. Marco lines are still 10 >.>...

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by jenasu View Post
    let me kick this off. you are a stupid prick. enjoy this game or dont, im not interested in you posting your shat saying the same stuff and rants people been saying for months/weeks. enjoy life and gtfo plz, ppl like this game dont shit on it. k?
    Woah, I didn't know Tanaka had an account on BG

New Odin
    BG Level

Local and field leves are still separate afaik.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    Local and field leves are still separate afaik.
    If this is true, lots of people will be happy.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

local and regional? field was part of regional before.

New Odin
    BG Level

yeah

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I think someone screwed up and confused Fieldcraft and Local Guildleves when they reported that sad news. Regional (Battle&Field) were separate leve-counts from Local all the way through open-beta.

I'm guessing no repeats on fieldcrafts if you dc just a lost chance?

New Odin
    BG Level

Lol some of these quests seem funny.

"A fruitful murder" is basically a cinderella+snow white combo!

A lot of them have flashbacks it seems.

It almost seems like the next quest in the main story tells you to visit one of the other towns. Hopefully there'll be a shadow dragon at the end :Q_

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

No new zone between the desert and forest? Nothing new added to cut-scenes near the start? (So I can skip right over em and get into the game). How soon can you start class quest? Any new info on the shoes? Still level 38 and is there a limit? I will get the game in a few hours but I need to know these things now!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Shoes are level 1 and the rumor says it works for 15min every 24h. (25% quickening)