1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 14 hours, 17 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 9 hours, 42 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 7 hours, 17 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 2 hours, 42 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    What is surprising is that the the game gad the sort function in Alpha afair and then they removed it for whatever reason (yeah, reason lol)
    Sounds like poor prioritizing. They implemented it for alpha but had no time to reinvent it for beta. Should have just ignored it for Alpha instead. Not like anyone would have cared for it's absence back then.

Old Merits
    BG Level

It was causing too much stress on the server, at least that's the reason they gave lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    Sounds like poor prioritizing. They implemented it for alpha but had no time to reinvent it for beta. Should have just ignored it for Alpha instead. Not like anyone would have cared for it's absence back then.
    Why reinvent it though? Not like much changed from Alpha to Beta in the inventory department. I'm sure it would work with a couple of small fixes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojimbo View Post
    It was causing too much stress on the server, at least that's the reason they gave lol
    I'm starting to think all servers problems are created by their UI which is uselessly tied to them so much D:

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

I thought the Sort button during Alpha was actually just mislabeled, no? I played only a little, but I remember clicking that button and it came up with a message confirming I want to drop that item. Later on the button text was changed to reflect that it's used to drop items.

Was there a time even earlier on when it actually sorted it?

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Why reinvent it though? Not like much changed from Alpha to Beta in the inventory department. I'm sure it would work with a couple of small fixes.
    Well, I mean if it's not the same client whatsoever, it might not be that simple. Maybe just copy paste but still takes work.

Hell if I know lol. Server issue would go well with the 4 trade boxes and 10 macro lines though. Anything more and the servers would go down like the Hindenburg.

If you do not hate this game, you are part of a Special Defense Force created by Square-Enix to protect the game from the masses of normal people, all of whom hate this game and want to burn it. It is the worst game ever. I don't care if I'm dragged away by the Super Defense Guard of Ultra Players for saying so, but really: unless you have nothing but bad things to say about this game 24/7, you are part of The Enemy.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Sort did actually work (for a while at least, it was on and off iirc)

MOST RAD.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pupuru Puru
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Oh! Are there any new hairstyles? Maybe some pics? Pretty please?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nours Sruon
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Ul'dah map no longer shows gates as possible path to exits (no more "HOW DO I EXIT UL'DAH")
    Claimed mobs color possibly got changed? It wasn't THAT purple in OB... (< SE getting ready for Fafnerd)

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Staghelm

Quote Originally Posted by Achitophel View Post
    If you do not hate this game, you are part of a Special Defense Force created by Square-Enix to protect the game from the masses of normal people, all of whom hate this game and want to burn it. It is the worst game ever. I don't care if I'm dragged away by the Super Defense Guard of Ultra Players for saying so, but really: unless you have nothing but bad things to say about this game 24/7, you are part of The Enemy.
    This isn't an exaggeration or anything like that. There are many people on this forum that support the game but don't make me wish I bleached my eyes before reading their opinions. I'm also glad that some people have changed their opinions after the situation remained stagnant, as it shows that they're not the droids that SE was looking for.

I've been posting about the terrible development decisions since the beginning of the alpha, and it was beyond obvious that this was going to happen. In alpha, people told you to shut up since it was an alpha. In beta, people told you to be more understanding since it was a beta. I haven't been keeping up nearly as much since about a month ago, but I'm willing to bet that the defensive nature has evolved into something along the lines of "Give it time, SE will change/fix/improve that." While they have changed/fixed/improved some things, it is mostly things that only take a brief meeting and a very short amount of coding to do.

Don't get me wrong, I really hoped that this would not happen. It is a huge disappointment considering the great potential that FFXIV had. I can still be wrong, too, but it doesn't take a statistician to tell you what the fuck is up after this long.

TLDR: I told you so, six months ago.

New Odin
    BG Level

Lol

The game is rushed out of the door. That's the terrible development decision this game has going for it, and of course it affects everything.

Although they also screwed up with the UI from Alpha to Beta. Too bad. Since then there have been only improvements, so that's what I expect from the future too.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsu Kiyome
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

It seems the starting quest in Ul'Dah has its name changed. I'm at work so I can't double check but I'm pretty sure it wasn't "Some Like It Hot" anymore.

Don't know if other starting quests have the same names at OB

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

1/10; terrible troll attempt. And if they're serious...lol.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

So whats the consensus on the better city, story wise (from what ppl have seen in OB) to start out in?
    Was gonna ask in the starting city thread, but for some odd reason it got put in the dead thread area. But ya, im torn between Uldah and Grindia and any opinions would be awesome since starting city is strictly for story

Well, at least when the glorious PS3 version comes out, we will all be hardened warriors who had to brave the PC version for several months.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    So whats the consensus on the better city, story wise (from what ppl have seen in OB) to start out in?
    Was gonna ask in the starting city thread, but for some odd reason it got put in the dead thread area. But ya, im torn between Uldah and Grindia and any opinions would be awesome since starting city is strictly for story
    I liked the voice actors for Gridania, but I honestly never did anything past that so I couldn't tell you. I just thought the lalafell's voice was adorable and thus I'm going with Gridania.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It was "Some Like it Hot" in OB

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I heard they finally gave users the option for hardware mouse. Is this true?

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

I dont know how people are getting 8 leve max/36 hr because i went 8 local, 2 fieldcraft so far, and still can get more. So I think it's still 8+8 leve

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Pikarya View Post
    I heard they finally gave users the option for hardware mouse. Is this true?
    This is true.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast