1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 11 hours, 33 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 12 hours, 26 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 4 hours, 33 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 5 hours, 26 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Item distribution across vendors (along with prices, mentioned above) has been changed/retuned. Based on my explorations of Ul'dah and Limsa Lominsa, 2nd-tier (i.e. bronze) weapons, and sometimes higher, are available for purchase from weapon shops in the city that houses the associated guild. Bronze Labrys in Limsa Lominsa (Marauder's Guild), Bronze Gladius in Ul'dah (Gladiator's Guild), Dodoskin Cesti in Ul'dah (Pugilist's Guild). When I make it to Gridania, I can confirm whether spears are available there.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

New and exciting bug: sometimes, attacking a mob while it goes underground will cause it your client to believe that it remains underground long after it comes back and continues attacking you normally.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster View Post
    New and exciting bug: sometimes, attacking a mob while it goes underground will cause it your client to believe that it remains underground long after it comes back and continues attacking you normally.
    Is old actually

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Is old actually
    Weird, I didn't experience it at all in open beta. Oh well!

Just wanted to buy a round for whoever finally banned that Jenasu kid.

It's beta 5, Enjoy being a part of an MMO economy from the ground up, and take pride in being able to tell the PS3 players "In my day it took 2 hours to sell to npcs".
    If you don't have more fun writing guides and discovering shit rather than reading how-to's a few months later when everything is implemented and working as intended, I'd cancel, and wait it out a few months.
    Personally I'm enjoying myself, but you're kidding yourself if you can't admit the game is rushed.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I was able to get the second Limsa quest at rank 9 Marauder. Not sure how things have changed there.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Someone should check it at rank 5

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Cow_k View Post
    I was able to get the second Limsa quest at rank 9 Marauder. Not sure how things have changed there.
    I'm going to take a wild guess and say that your physical level was 10+.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Nope. Both were/are level 9 still.

Can check me out: http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com...cicuid=1620610 (probably will be 9 until tomorrow afternoon)

Edit: don't know why I didn't think about it, but my wife got the quest too and she's rank 8 conjurer, phys level 9

New Odin
    BG Level

Physical level didn't matter before?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I only heard people talking about job ranks mattering before, thus why I didn't mention it in my original post.

New Odin
    BG Level

Makes me wonder if there's a 3rd quest at rank 10, then.

Although I believe that's the "go to another city!" quest. Sounds a bit early.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I'll give it a try at rank 10 and 15 if someone doesn't beat me to it (probably be another day).

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by JigglyJam View Post
    Oh! Are there any new hairstyles? Maybe some pics? Pretty please?
    Didn't look at other races but for Mi'qote, hairstyles etc. are all the same as in Beta.

Highlanders only have the same 4 boring hair styles as in the beta too. That totally made me create an Elezeen instead of getting the saucy 18 str.

Quote Originally Posted by Cow_k View Post
    Can check me out: http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com...cicuid=1620610 (probably will be 9 until tomorrow afternoon)
    How did you set your profile picture? Silly question. But I can't find any options to set the image I uploaded as my profile picture. Thanks.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

That profile picture was auto-uploaded by squenix. I didn't have any part with any of the info on that page, it's all automatic. You should have one appear eventually.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Something new, maybe; Tried to attack a marmot, nothing happened, stood there waiting for like 3mins, still nothing, pressing any other abilities didn't work either, same for trying to go passive mode.. then I ran like 200 fucking miles away and still remained in active mode and couldn't do shit. Wasn't possible to logout either, so I just force shut the game.

Then proceeded to start the game after being few mins away from my comp cause of frustration and couldn't start it anymore, after giving my acc/pass info it just went to a black screen and nothing happened (not even "Now Loading"). Had to reboot my PC to get back to game again. Weird shit.

So I thought bronze weapons in beta's were pretty much same as weathered weapons and now I noticed that they are a bit better, especially the tools. Been lvling crafts trying to pump out a pickaxe for myself and a hatchet for a friend but its been a difficult task as even the low level tools require fairly high ingredients.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

The stats have changed?

Because the only (but drastic) benefit of upgrading from "weathered" shit in beta was the durability.

Weathered Pickaxe: lvl 1 miner
    Scanning: 7
    Output: 8
    Gathering: 9

vs

Bronze Pickaxe: lvl 7 miner
    Scanning: 14
    Output: 16
    Gathering: 18

and it seems to be like that for all the tools, they are now worth getting

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast