1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 10 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 49 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 17 hours, 10 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 16 hours, 49 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

They were pushed up a handful of ranks too then. The bronze crap used to be Rank-1 with the exact same basic stats...

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Yeah I saw some bronze needles+1 in the MW that had some seriously decent stats. I should have picked one up, but I'll get one later today.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So if you were crashing off and on in beta can you expect to continue crashing off and on in retail? Also have they fixed the levequest issue where crashing causes you to fail the quest yet?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Hoshiku View Post
    So if you were crashing off and on in beta can you expect to continue crashing off and on in retail? Also have they fixed the levequest issue where crashing causes you to fail the quest yet?
    Well some people are still crashing in retail too, so I assume it's not fully fixed issue atm. (if at all). I personally haven't yet crashed even once, but I'm afraid it'll happen sooner or later.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

New post on blog with changes I've noticed: http://insixide.com/archives/135

Most of the stuff it seems was scattered through this thread though. Some hasn't been mentioned. Going to keep updating it throughout the next week or so.

New Odin
    BG Level

Might be worth checking out- I hear shield guard stays up for like 20secs instead of 10 now.

Could be placebo, but eh.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Was 15 seconds for all of Beta. I'll check it out as soon as I can craft this Hoplon.

Edit: Forgot some mage changes. Fixed.

- Stoneskin works like in Beta 2. Can now take more than 1 hit.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    Might be worth checking out- I hear shield guard stays up for like 20secs instead of 10 now.

Could be placebo, but eh.
    Depends on the shield your using. Some have a higher "Wield Rate" which makes you keep the shield up longer. Has been like that since Alpha.

New Odin
    BG Level

Yah so the guy was full of shit, thought so =P

Kuro, you can now get the 2nd class quest earlier than rank 10, someone got it at rank 9. Also Parley system is implemented in some form.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

i saw an npc saying he can show us the great parley. but he did nothing. you can get tier 10 reccomended leves at leve 4, i want to say you might just have to go to the crystal one time and get the story part over, but i cant prove it. Far as level 20 leves, didnt appear at level 10, might also be quest unlocked, or just require a higher level like, 15.

Someone was saying that you can buy bronze weapons/tools from the NPCs but the only tools that me and my friends noticed are the secondary tools (bronze sledgehammer, bronze scythe, etc). I was hoping to purchase a bronze pickaxe at the Miner's Guild NPC but no luck, all he sells is weathered pickaxe and bronze sledgehammer. So I guess if we want any kind of good tools we have to craft them and it is really alot of work and money to even make the lvl 7 tools.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Quote Originally Posted by TStupified View Post
    Something new, maybe; Tried to attack a marmot, nothing happened, stood there waiting for like 3mins, still nothing, pressing any other abilities didn't work either, same for trying to go passive mode.. then I ran like 200 fucking miles away and still remained in active mode and couldn't do shit. Wasn't possible to logout either, so I just force shut the game.

Then proceeded to start the game after being few mins away from my comp cause of frustration and couldn't start it anymore, after giving my acc/pass info it just went to a black screen and nothing happened (not even "Now Loading"). Had to reboot my PC to get back to game again. Weird shit.
    Same thing happened to me, and it happened to be on the same mob, you werent by the zone that began with C where you? sorry I can't remember the full name lol this could be some bug on a specific area/mob

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Did they confirm what the maint was for?

For the update...

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Snowknight26 View Post
    For the update...
    Well done, you know what I meant.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

can anyone tell me if the retail is more optimized/same as beta/worse for low specs running the game? i was able to run it on low but wold explode and kick me out of game here and there.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by LidenbokValour View Post
    Same thing happened to me, and it happened to be on the same mob, you werent by the zone that began with C where you? sorry I can't remember the full name lol this could be some bug on a specific area/mob
    Nah, it happened in Thanalan.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by pnavaja View Post
    can anyone tell me if the retail is more optimized/same as beta/worse for low specs running the game? i was able to run it on low but wold explode and kick me out of game here and there.
    During beta my animation would freeze for quarter of a second every... 5 seconds or so? Not freakishly disastrous but was pretty bad. Also crafting menus took around 10 seconds to show up.

Umm, right now, animations for me are all smooth, some FPS drops here and there but nothing out of the ordinary ( you know, near town, etc ). Crafting menus take around 2-3s to show up now.

Running on a Duo-core 2.53, 4gb DDR3, and a mobile ATI 3650HD

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

yeah, sometimes when you crash now, you'll end up with a black screen when you restart. Only way to get it working again is restarting your comp.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Obviously I can't tell if this applies for all skills, but neither cooldown nor potency seem to change when using skills cross class now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast