1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 9 hours, 6 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 14 hours, 53 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 2 hours, 6 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 7 hours, 53 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    Obviously I can't tell if this applies for all skills, but neither cooldown nor potency seem to change when using skills cross class now.
    When using Bloodbath (Marauder ability) on Lancer, its cooldown went from 60 seconds to 70 seconds.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Oh well. How is the healing effect on Lancer? Open beta numbers or around the same as on Marauder?

EDIT: Disregard what I said, I relogged and abilities seem to still increase in cooldown. Wondering if it just wasn't updating for some reason. Potency on the healing skills I've tried are way better than in Open Beta though.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Yeah, I've been hitting closer to ~50% of damage dealt restored as HP, whereas in open beta I was getting ~33% with Bloodbath as a subbed ability.

So basically nothing noteworthy. SE really didn't have that ace up their sleeve. =/

What happened to more character creation features? And a way to search for shit besides browse, browse, browse, browse, etc? Also glad to know you can continue running while checking someone, but STILL not when your trying to look at their bazaar.

Anyone else find that 36 hour timer annoying? With 24 or 48 I have something to do everyday/other day, with 36 I just feel annoyed that guildleves will be up after I've gone to sleep/work and then won't be able to get to them till 12 hours later anyway. For the not casual but not at home on disability player its the same as the 48 hour system but with the added annoyance of knowing your losing time.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Any reduction in leve cooldown is a welcome one.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by TransparentMind View Post
    Anyone else find that 36 hour timer annoying? With 24 or 48 I have something to do everyday/other day, with 36 I just feel annoyed that guildleves will be up after I've gone to sleep/work and then won't be able to get to them till 12 hours later anyway. For the not casual but not at home on disability player its the same as the 48 hour system but with the added annoyance of knowing your losing time.
    Actually, now you can do the leves every day every other day. You aren't really losing anything.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by TransparentMind View Post
    So basically nothing noteworthy. SE really didn't have that ace up their sleeve. =/

What happened to more character creation features? And a way to search for shit besides browse, browse, browse, browse, etc? Also glad to know you can continue running while checking someone, but STILL not when your trying to look at their bazaar.
    1. No new features. Guess we'll have to wait for PS3 launch, or chalk it up to false promises.
    2. No other way to search for "shit" right now - same as beta.
    3. Same as beta. No changes here either, although I think they slightly improved the range that you can buy from people moving away.

Yeah, its Phase 4 of beta, but at least this time our "toons" won't get wiped, so any money you make is sticking around, short of some colossal rollback.

Just wanted to check, I can't get online at the moment, but I can buy a Bronze Saw at the Carpenter's Guild in Grid?

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Probably only big change is we can go to lv 50 now

few other observations...!

the usage of standard/rapid/bold now more or less can "crit" craft or "almost fail" and then normal. (bold almsot fail craft +5 quality, normal 12-20, crit 30-40%)
    rapid seems to fail alot on anything but "white orb" (although its still like -10 durability +10 production on a fail unless its a crit fail).

a crit standard/rapid/bold synth , you "can" lose 0 durability.

If you try a synth that gives you a notice like "This craft requires bigger facilities" go get whateveryourcraftis support, or you will be really fucked on your synth... like really >.>

the gear durability icon updates almsot instantly now (like disappears soon as you repair the said item(s))

grouped exp is slightly better but not all that amazing, probably need wait for later levels.

mob ranged attack damage reduced

leve mobs are a bit easier (although I dunno whats up with sylph flies, they are overpowered as shit in a leve) like.. all the mobs before it hit 60-80, then a sylph fly warm hits you normal for 330-380... wtf >.> It was a 5 star, maybe there is just a massive gap of damage from 4 and 5 star, like really massive.

Seems there are more "storyline quests" you get some at lv 1-> 10? 20? etc

rumored adventurers license/chocobo license get Lv20 like ffxi (don't get your hopes up!)

exp from killing blue con mobs is decent now and not "absolute shit" (like if its not too far in the blue range its like 200 exp 100 class exp) orange con mobs are like 450-550 exp and 300-350 class exp.

exp from crafting = sex

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    rumored adventurers license/chocobo license get Lv20 like ffxi (don't get your hopes up!)
    nope.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Garona

The biggest (positive) change for me is the mouse controls. While they aren't as vast as WoW or other MMO's in regards to use, the mouse precision is almost perfection now. I am able to close windows out by clicking on the "X" and I can click on mobs/npcs etc etc without any issue.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Shadowsong

On the subject of that "The items you are crafting require bigger accommodations." I started getting that during my Hempen Cowl saga last night. Trouble is, it makes no reference to what it is ingame. And I suddenly started getting it despite having been crafting the same things for 15 minutes before without the message.

Maybe I was getting it before. Crafting spams your chatlog with so much crap that I might have missed it the entire time.

I'm still on the lookout for a decent, updated crafting guide that explains orbs, sparks and sounds to me, because so far it all seems just very random. If anyone can link me to one, I'll happily test it out!

Oh and yes, thank god for ranged attacks being toned down.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Hardware mouse is god for crafting. No matter how slow the game chugs along for me at times in a crowd, I can always count on that mouse to click everything I need with precision. Also, I do love the fact that you will always get both kinds of XP when you complete a craft, and if you fail a craft, you will get more "pity" xp depending on how close your craft was to competition.

Edit: I didn't want to release the info, because I'm an asshole, but "bigger accommodations" translates into your guild synthesis. If you're doing tailoring, get clothcrafting sythesis from either your SPECIFIC guild, OR from any camp.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Shadowsong

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Hardware mouse is god for crafting. No matter how slow the game chugs along for me at times in a crowd, I can always count on that mouse to click everything I need with precision. Also, I do love the fact that you will always get both kinds of XP when you complete a craft, and if you fail a craft, you will get more "pity" xp depending on how close your craft was to competition.
    Really? I wasn't getting much in the way of "pity xp" even when I failed a synth at 100%.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

If you get 250 on average for a completed craft, it stands to reason that you should only get about 85-100 for a broken one, even at 100%. Try breaking a craft at 10% - you'll get like 2-8 xp.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Shadowsong

I don't get why I need guild support for a craft that is now 9 ranks below me (just hit weaver 10). Is it just another gil-sink? Is crafting not enough of a gil sink as it IS because there's no auction house and we have to traipse halfway across the city to collect materials for our crafts?

Man this game is so fucking frustrating. What happened to games being fun? I remember FFXI being more fun than this when I first started playing that. But then I guess in FFXI I had a nice, fixed amount of xp gain per mob and I felt like I was making progress at a pace I set, rather than the pace the RNG SKILLUP GOD sets.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Do 8 regional/8craft leve's, the money rolls in, and I'm lvling like.. 3 crafts at once (all 3 are near lv 10 now) and nearing 200K gold (and I haven't even spent time to make crap to sell!)

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ascalon View Post
    I don't get why I need guild support for a craft that is now 9 ranks below me (just hit weaver 10). Is it just another gil-sink? Is crafting not enough of a gil sink as it IS because there's no auction house and we have to traipse halfway across the city to collect materials for our crafts?

Man this game is so fucking frustrating. What happened to games being fun? I remember FFXI being more fun than this when I first started playing that. But then I guess in FFXI I had a nice, fixed amount of xp gain per mob and I felt like I was making progress at a pace I set, rather than the pace the RNG SKILLUP GOD sets.
    Holy fuck keep the QQ to the QQ thread for god's sake. It is there for a reason.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Shadowsong

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    Holy fuck keep the QQ to the QQ thread for god's sake. It is there for a reason.
    All I hear coming out of your posts is "stop complaining, you knew this was going to happen but bought that game anyway, while I sit here and gloat in my righteousness for not buying it"!

Also, by all means point me to the QQ thread, Mr Self-Righteous.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ascalon View Post
    All I hear coming out of your posts is "stop complaining, you knew this was going to happen but bought that game anyway, while I sit here and gloat in my righteousness for not buying it"!
    No, I'm telling you to take your bullshit to the thread it belongs.

But more witty remarks are on the way I suppose.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast