1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 3 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 20 hours, 30 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 20 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 13 hours, 30 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Changes between beta and release?

I'll just kick this off by saying I'd canceled my CE pre-order due to not being too happy with beta and its issues. So, while I haven't sworn off the game yet, I'm just curious how much has changed in regards to content, UI, client stability, and so on.

Reported changes:

Quest/Mission:
    - Some quest names have changed.

Combat:
    - Mobs still seem scarce.
    - Claim color seems more purple.
    - Spirit Dart can miss.

Crafting/Economy:
    - Seems a bit more difficult to hit 100% if you mess up twice or more.
    - Vendoring prices seem to have improved slightly.

Guild Leves:
    - Cooldown changed from 48 to 36 hours.
    - Equipment rewards aren't as common.
    - Crystal rewards are possible.

UI/Stability:
    - Input lag has improved, but some still report clunkiness.
    - Still no inventory sorting option.
    - Ul'dah map isn't as confusing for exits.
    - Hardware mouse is available.

Additional Links:
    Kurokikaze's Blog on Release Changes.

New Odin
    BG Level

Well, what you would expect from a months worth of development. Nothing groundbreaking, but getting there.

I think we won't be getting a VO post so this might be a useful thread however.

let me kick this off. you are a stupid prick. enjoy this game or dont, im not interested in you posting your shat saying the same stuff and rants people been saying for months/weeks. enjoy life and gtfo plz, ppl like this game dont shit on it. k?

User was infracted for this post.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Yo dude, that response was completely unnecessary/uncalled for.

Letting this thread slide since it will be handy for other people to see immediately the changes from Beta without digging through the random thread.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

you could have easily found out yourself today or tomorrow if you like.. didn't cancel your CE preorder?

the topic is a good one. I'd wanna know what changed too.. but srsly, the premise of you asking it is kinda lame.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I personally don't see a problem with someone admitting to canceling their CE pre-order (it does cost 75 bucks after all) and still being curious about the differences between beta and the actual release.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

There's no problem with OP, everyone mad is just being a fanboy douche bag. I'm curious as well.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Also very curious. Only one of my linkshell mates is playing atm and she'd rather play than answer a million of our questions on TeamSpeak. Damn you woman! /shakesfist

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

theres nothing wrong with it, but why kick off by saying it as though to imply that would give more (or less) reason for such curiosity?

its really like how the women love to go.. 'its not what you said, just the way you said it'

New Odin
    BG Level

GuildLeve cooldown was changed from 48h to 36h.

Around 70 new Class Quests were implemented.

And stfu about the OP already pls

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

lol what else do u expect most of us to do considering the US version ships tmr.

The SE Defense Team is in full effect, I see. But really, this thread is, at the very least, necessary and I think it will do nothing but help those who are still on the fence about this game. It sure beats waiting on any official info to come out with the typical, vague/useless descriptions SE likes to provide.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

probably a good point to note that the people who actually know the changes because they're playing the game probably wont even be looking at this forum right now, if they ever did in the first place.

from a business strategy pov, if you bothered to pay $75 to be able to play early / brag that you're cool and get to play early, theres a higher chance that you'd want to keep that 'exclusivity' to yourself as a selfish consumer, not give it away. at least not so soon anyway. OR you'd just be so caught up playing that you wouldn't bother or have time to report to someone else.

the grapevine will work its way slowly for now.. but I won't expect to get very much out of players until like much later tomorrow or until standard ships

Well, at its simplest, there could be things like patch notes people who don't have the game wouldn't see unless some aspect of the official site has taken on that role much like POL handles XI's general and emergency updates. I know I'm not alone in being soured by the beta, though, and still want to give the game a shake if it's far better off with things even as simple as mob density in the newbie zones. Really, we don't know how much was held back just because SE loves to cocktease, but I'm a bit gunshy about throwing money at new MMOs after how Aion panned out for me.

Economy's rough, yo~

Edit: If things pop up of worth, I'll even edit the OP to hopefully preempt questions.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

My biggest annoyance is you can no longer do 8 regional and 8 local leves per leve cycle. It's now 8 combined total.

Edit: Though I may be wrong on how it works. I'll wait until I play before complaining.

Wait... they lower the cooldown from 48h to 36h but you're stuck with 8 combined regional/local leves instead of 8+8?
    Great SE, lol.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quest/Mission: class-specific quests

Combat: ?

Crafting: Rank 1~30 recipes on Lodestone, Interface way faster.

Guildleves: 8/36hr allowance includes Regional AND Local.

UI/Stability: UI lag pretty much gone.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elrina Miona
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Not actually playing myself atm, but ~

Abilities on the action bar now stay after changing classes:
    http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/988...=1#post4128230

Seems menu/UI lag is gone:
    http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/988...=1#post4128154

There are two active streams at the moment (that I've seen posted in the Random Question thread, at least)

The player in the first seems to be doing a fair amount of combat with a party whenever I pay attention to it: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/shunti

Second was focused on crafting for a while when I was watching, but seems to be in a party now: http://www.justin.tv/kkgtv#/w/408229056/4

Quote Originally Posted by jenasu View Post
    let me kick this off. you are a stupid prick. enjoy this game or dont, im not interested in you posting your shat saying the same stuff and rants people been saying for months/weeks. enjoy life and gtfo plz, ppl like this game dont shit on it. k?
    LOL!!!

Vuitton

I think my dick is larger in release than in beta. I'll post screens so you can judge.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast