+ Reply to Thread

Thread: microsoft word     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

microsoft word

is it possible to dl this somewhere? Just built my own pc so obviously I didnt buy it, but now Im guessing I might have to?

Old Merits
    BG Level

Torrent it + crack (thepiratebay etc will have loads probably). Or use OpenOffice, a free alternative to MS office.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Don't want to jack the thread, but every time I open MS word, I get this. And it comes up twice. Makes an annoying sound both times. If I try to open an additional document (like when I'm cross comparing notes for class), I'll have to click it up to 8 times before it stops popping up.

Anyway to disable this notice or just get rid of it completely?

http://i56.tinypic.com/2v9vote.png

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Maguile View Post
    is it possible to dl this somewhere? Just built my own pc so obviously I didnt buy it, but now Im guessing I might have to?
    Buy it? Presumably, if you need Word, and not OpenOffice, Google Docs, or Wordpad even, there's a reason. If you're a student, look at getting it through your school - often for higher education it's available at a significant discount. Otherwise, there's Home/Student edition, which is about $120 retail and includes Excel, Powerpoint, and OneNote as well.
    For work? Same deal - check with your company first, as they may have a site license that includes work-at-home rights.

If you just need something to type in, there are plenty of legitimately free word processors. Use one of those.

Don't want to jack the thread, but every time I open MS word, I get this. And it comes up twice. Makes an annoying sound both times. If I try to open an additional document (like when I'm cross comparing notes for class), I'll have to click it up to 8 times before it stops popping up.

Anyway to disable this notice or just get rid of it completely?
    Can mean Visual Basic for Applications was not installed, try going in and customizing your Office install, and under Office Shared Features (or something) you should be able to add that.