1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 46 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 13 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 12 hours, 46 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 21 hours, 13 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I work at Best Buy and can say that every store I checked has had their copies "In Transit" since Thursday last week, and none of them arrived in store as of yesterday.

I decided to get my copies at Gamestop rather than wait and get my discount.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Yeah the onion helm effect has you recover from KO faster. The "Right of Passage" is a certificate you can get if you go online to a website, fill out the information, and it 'personalizes' the certificate for you. Kinda cool I guess, but if really don't care about that stuff, just go to Game Stop.

The standard edition comes with glasses that increases skill ups. I think I'd rather have that than the onion helm tbh. Also, that little leather journal that comes with the CE is nice, but like Kat said, I have 2 young daughters, so it has the life expectancy of a 'Nam chopper pilot.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Got that from Best Buy too (went in to pick it up and found out they didn't have it), but not until they charged my credit card and forced me to sit on hold for about 20 minutes to get the predorder cancelled and refunded.

Found a non pre-ordered copy at a nearby Gamestop, but this whole thing really discouraged me from every purchasing something from Best Buy again

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

question, we went to bestbuy today and they said they should be coming in at the 4pm shipment.

if it doesn't come in, what do we need to do to possibly cancel the preorder? (we ordered it online and said to ship to the store).

I'm thinking if it's not in, I'll go to the gamestop near here to see if they have it.

Reason I ask is, (you'd think it would be simple), but once we bought my parents a tv and had it shipped to them and payed to have the geek squad install the tv (my parents are old and I didn't want them carrying it up the stairs themselves), best buy was retarded though and sent the tv without the geek squad. The geek squad wasn't going to come until 4 days later...SO my dad got impatient and installed the tv himself.

It was a nightmare to try and cancel the geek squad fee (like $95) for basically the same concept. We had ordered online, but it was a store that was going to come install it. and both places claimed you had to go to the other to cancel it.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata
    WoW Realm
    Bloodhoof

Yeah, my rites of passage code is saying invalid too. I tried typing it in with dashes, spaces, and no spaces, but it won't take it regardless.

DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

BG Level
    Blog Entries

Merged problem threads.

Gay-O-Meter Rating
    c=8 c=8 c=8 c=8
    Hard Gay

BG Level

any reason why i made my character yet didnt receive my hermes shoes? i reactivated my account on sunday

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Makwa Ironwill
    FFXIV Server
    Brynhildr
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So I keep trying to install it but it'll only get so far then I get a "Feature transfer error" window.
    Feature: DefaultFeature
    Component: NewComponent2
    File: D:\data\data2.cab
    Error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check).
    Then it cancels.
    What gives? Tried this two times so far.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by KuaiEQ View Post
    any reason why i made my character yet didnt receive my hermes shoes? i reactivated my account on sunday
    Pretty sure you have to have been active for a month before you can get them.

Sponsored by Orton
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Makwa View Post
    So I keep trying to install it but it'll only get so far then I get a "Feature transfer error" window.
    Feature: DefaultFeature
    Component: NewComponent2
    File: D:\data\data2.cab
    Error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check).
    Then it cancels.
    What gives? Tried this two times so far.
    Your DVD is fucked. Happened to me and quite a few other people as there seems to be a bad batch of disks all over North America.

Solution: Download the ISO - http://isohunt.com/lite/files/214534...20Retail%20ISO (used this and it's clean, works great).

Did anyone fuck up and create a new service account instead of attaching it to the one that was there. Thus having to use buddy pass to activate and receive stuff like armbands and onion helm?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

ffxivboot.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. ; ; (happens right when i click the shortcut icon, nothing boots up, the booter keeps on having a error)

Im not sure if my video card meets minimum qualifications, would this happen if my video card was not up to par?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nours Sruon
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by nyaraa View Post
    ffxivboot.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. ; ; (happens right when i click the shortcut icon, nothing boots up, the booter keeps on having a error)

Im not sure if my video card meets minimum qualifications, would this happen if my video card was not up to par?
    Yeah, people without good enough video card have had this happen. Could be unrelated though, what's your video card?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by sruon View Post
    Yeah, people without good enough video card have had this happen. Could be unrelated though, what's your video card?
    Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950

I'm rather a computer noob, if thats not enough info let me know lol =/

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nours Sruon
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I have the same chipset on my laptop and it crashed directly on boot in OB, just tried 10 mins ago and it worked so i don't know... but anyway

You definitly need a real graphic card/laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by nyaraa View Post
    Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950

I'm rather a computer noob, if thats not enough info let me know lol =/
    Looks like onboard video. Though I'm not even sure if the game will run on it. I had this problem even on a discrete video card. I fixed it by updating my drivers. I'd try updating, try here. May or may not help.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by sruon View Post
    I have the same chipset on my laptop and it crashed directly on boot in OB, just tried 10 mins ago and it worked so i don't know... but anyway

You definitly need a real graphic card/laptop.
    lol ya i know, currently working on getting a new comp.

Quote Originally Posted by Stiker View Post
    Your DVD is fucked. Happened to me and quite a few other people as there seems to be a bad batch of disks all over North America.

Solution: Download the ISO - http://isohunt.com/lite/files/214534...20Retail%20ISO (used this and it's clean, works great).
    holy fuck, this makes me so mad. Is there anything we can do? my connection is super slow and I'd rather get new discs if possible..

nvm: Gamestop said they'd replace my disc, im running it again and havent hit the error yet though.. Anyone else get this?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Holly Short View Post
    holy fuck, this makes me so mad. Is there anything we can do? my connection is super slow and I'd rather get new discs if possible..

nvm: Gamestop said they'd replace my disc, im running it again and havent hit the error yet though.. Anyone else get this?
    Struck me as well. I ordered mine through Amazon, so there really isn't any going down the street to exchange discs option. Working on getting the ISO from a friend...

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I downloaded the patches for the game through Megaupload, placed them in the "Patch" folder, but when I open FFXIV, it doesn't seem like it's updating the patches that I placed in the folder.

Seems like it's still trying to download them from the server. Any ideas?

Pretend like I just learned how to use a computer yesterday.

This is why I prefer consoles......