1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 10 hours, 59 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 13 hours, 0 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 3 hours, 59 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 6 hours, 0 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Pretty sure you have to have been active for a month before you can get them.
    they never said this, and i'm on the phone about to open up a can of whoopass cause i'm in the same boat as kuai.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleu View Post
    Struck me as well. I ordered mine through Amazon, so there really isn't any going down the street to exchange discs option. Working on getting the ISO from a friend...
    I restarted my pc, then tried reinstalling and it worked. I'm on now. I have no idea why. But it's worth a try.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Update: I'm stuck at 100%....

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Yeah dude, on the SE site, there's a whole chart on the timing of the active accounts and how long your account had to be active before you started this one, lemme find it for you, brb.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    Did anyone fuck up and create a new service account instead of attaching it to the one that was there. Thus having to use buddy pass to activate and receive stuff like armbands and onion helm?
    WTF i did this and did not have any bonus items in my inventory when i created my first character. how did you fix it with registering the buddy pass?

nvm i see how it works, the buddy pass is just a free 30 days of the full game and you get billed automatically if you don't cancel. oh well nobody i know wanted to try it that hasn't already pre-ordered. fuck me for not paying attention to details.

Quote Originally Posted by booly View Post
    WTF i did this and did not have any bonus items in my inventory when i created my first character. how did you fix it with registering the buddy pass?

nvm i see how it works, the buddy pass is just a free 30 days of the full game and you get billed automatically if you don't cancel. oh well nobody i know wanted to try it that hasn't already pre-ordered. fuck me for not paying attention to details.
    Aren't we going to have to re-buy the game though? Since it's just a trial thing? Or is it considered full game? Because I mean, I was able to get all my items on it.

God I hate SE sometimes.

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Raytheon View Post
    I downloaded the patches for the game through Megaupload, placed them in the "Patch" folder, but when I open FFXIV, it doesn't seem like it's updating the patches that I placed in the folder.

Seems like it's still trying to download them from the server. Any ideas?

Pretend like I just learned how to use a computer yesterday.

This is why I prefer consoles......
    love to hear what happened with this. im doing the megaupload now and making sure to read EVERYONE'S issues before i have one

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Hiryo View Post
    love to hear what happened with this. im doing the megaupload now and making sure to read EVERYONE'S issues before i have one
    It's confusing, even as much as people are calling these steps retard-proof, I'm still not playing the game yet..

Anyway, Some of the directions are saying to download the beta client, but I don't see the point in that since I have the .exe from the disc. So the file names are different, but I wouldn't assume that would really matter. No matter the file name, it should know where it's going to pull the files from.

Anyway, I placed all the files I downloaded into the C:\Users\Colt_WT\Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV\downloads\ffxiv\2d2a390f\patch folder, ran the .exe again, and it updated and gave me the newest boot version. (The one on the disc will start out with "Boot Version: 2010.7.10.0000", you want 2010.09.18.0000 or newer.)

So that takes care of the boot client. Now the patch client. I can't connect to anyone, or ever move passed 0.0% on the download. It eventually just times out. I uninstalled the entire game, reinstalled, and now I can't even get the boot client to get back to a newer version like I had it before. More or less, I just went backwards.

I wouldn't exactly call this shit simple. This is a new PC I built, so I had to go download uTorrent, WinRAR, then went to Megaupload for the actual game patches.

2 things are still throwing me off. FFXIVCore site only has parts 1-3, but people have parts 1-7. The only place I saw parts 4-7 were on Megaupload, but the links were all bad.

The other thing, I try to run ffxivupdater, the security window pops up, I hit Run, then nothing happens. I've done this over and over, nothing in task manager shows it running either.

I stayed home from work just to get pissed off today >.< Been trying to get this shit going since 11am, and now it's 6pm.......

*Don't know if you wanna listen to me though, I can't even get my picture to work in my sig on this forum.....

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

The 2 folders I have in my path are 2d2a390f and 48eca647. Can anyone confirm those are the folders they have as well?

Is lag as bad on less populated servers? I mean I know it'll get better in a few days but seriously considering avoiding the hassle.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I doubt anyone has that answer on D-day. Plus, I don't think the servers are populated enough yet that it's an issue.

Sounds like you made it passed the patch download though?

Quote Originally Posted by Raytheon View Post
    I doubt anyone has that answer on D-day. Plus, I don't think the servers are populated enough yet that it's an issue.

Sounds like you made it passed the patch download though?
    Oh yea patching was fine. Guess I shouldn't complain :/

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

OB Reserved Names

Ok, this is probably going to sound kind of confusing and stupid, but I'm dying here lol.

My bf and I both have separate square enix accounts. I never got around to actually getting a key and playing OB on my own account, so I just created a character on his account with OB access with a name I liked to sort of look around a little bit and see how things were going in OB every now and then.

The problem is, I never deleted that character on my bf's account before OB was over. And now I want to create a char with that same name on the same server (we all decided to start on a server together, so I don't really want to just pick another). The thing is, it's reserving that name on the server for my bf's account because his account was the one I created the character on, and I never deleted it before OB ended. So I can't create a character with that name on that server on my account.

Is there any way to "un-reserve" the OB char names associated with a SE account? We've tried creating the same char on the same server on my bf's account and then deleting it to see if that would maybe "clear" the reserve, but whenever my bf goes to make a new character, my character's name still shows up in the OB reserved char name list you can pick from, and it still says "name not available" when I try to create that char on my account.

Some options that might work we could think of would be to cancel the ff14 service account and wait for it to be fully cancelled after 30 days then register a new service account, or just close the se account. But those both sound kind of drastic I guess.

I could just play 14 on the bf's account and he can start his character on my account, but we both also play 11 and our characters are linked to our own accounts. So, it's kind of a mess.

Sorry for the novel, I know it sounds dumb. But it's kind of a big deal to us lol. We really want to be able to play on our own accounts with all our friends on the same server.

tl;dr - Is it possible to delete/unlink the OB reserved character names from your SE account?

Hope this is the right place to post this, but we don't really know what else to do. Thank you!

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I don't understand... I got my Onion helm and armbands, I still have my FFXI account played the FFXIV beta, linked them together a while ago and do not have my Hermes... WTF is going on?

Edit: I also imported my character over from beta... so if I do figure out wtf, will I have to make my character all over again?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Been downloading since 11am now >.> only at 27%.... and now it seems my updater no longer wants to do anything it keeps not responding and doesn't do anything D:

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Holly Short View Post
    I restarted my pc, then tried reinstalling and it worked. I'm on now. I have no idea why. But it's worth a try.
    On my desktop I wasn't even able to copy the files off the disc. However I was just able to copy all the files off the disc with my laptop, which I'm not transfering over to my desktop. I think this solves my problem.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Two computers, exactly the same. One PC is playing is game pretty well, but the other lags REALLY bad. Decent graphics cards and Phenom II Quads... Played the beta just fine. Any ideas on how to improve frame rate? Already set to the lowest settings.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Pretty sure you have to have been active for a month before you can get them.
    Reactivated last week, character has boots.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast