1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 38 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 13 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 20 hours, 38 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Quote Originally Posted by Meko View Post
    I ran around for about an hour last night and did leves etc. Got my Conj. to 4 and my PL to 7. I wanted to grind on some mobs to level up more but there were hardly any around. Is this the norm? Are they not wanting us to grind? I saw a couple people running around on combat classes @ level 10+ is why I ask.
    Quoting 'cause I have this question too.

Wasn't there a map floatign around somewhere with suggested leveling areas? I'm worried that the mob scarcity will get even worse come standard release.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bryant Snow
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

Quote Originally Posted by blythe View Post
    Quoting 'cause I have this question too.

Wasn't there a map floatign around somewhere with suggested leveling areas? I'm worried that the mob scarcity will get even worse come standard release.
    I started on LL and I haven't run into that issue at all yet. I've held a little spot with 3 spawns by myself...and kept killing nonstop...just have to run and find them...respawn timer on them is insanely low...

Ridill
    BG Level

you just have to find a camp where there's a handful of them in close proximity, otherwise you will be running around a lot.
    I've had more than a few camps where I was uninterrupted for an hour or so.

That's not to say that there shouldn't be more mobs. I spent most of the day exploring around, and for the most part there was either a high concentration of mobs, or none at all.
    And I didn't see a single person outside of the 1st 2 starter camps in any of the 3 main cities.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

More patching issues:

I've uninstalled/reinstalled 2 more times today, downloaded the 2010.09.23 patch, but my boot version tries to update to 2010.09.18 version...

Luckily, I still kept all the patches I downloaded in a separate folder. I placed the 2010.09.18 patch in the 2d2a390f folder, try to run FFXIV again, but it acts like the patch isn't in the folder, so it just sits at 0.0%....

At this rate, people who buy the standard edition are going to be playing before me, as I will have been screwing around with patch files and other BS for a week.... I'm so sick of this shit.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

is it just sitting in the 2d2... folder or did you put it in the 2d2.../patch folder

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Yeah it's in the patch folder, my bad. I tried dumping ALL the patches I had in there, just to see if it would at least try to pull from ONE of them, no such luck.

I found another post somewhere, someone said if you create a new administrator account in windows, then run the game, they were able to get it to update. I just tried that, no luck on that either....

I took 2 days off work, half of today, just been sitting at my PC, pissed off trying to get this gd game working. I want to rage all over SE so hard right now... If I had a cat, I'd kick the shit out of it...

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Still getting 30002 errors 99% of the times I try to actually login and play. So much for being able to play this weekend.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nours Sruon
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Raytheon View Post
    More patching issues:

I've uninstalled/reinstalled 2 more times today, downloaded the 2010.09.23 patch, but my boot version tries to update to 2010.09.18 version...

Luckily, I still kept all the patches I downloaded in a separate folder. I placed the 2010.09.18 patch in the 2d2a390f folder, try to run FFXIV again, but it acts like the patch isn't in the folder, so it just sits at 0.0%....

At this rate, people who buy the standard edition are going to be playing before me, as I will have been screwing around with patch files and other BS for a week.... I'm so sick of this shit.
    2d2a390f is the folder for boot patches (red background in updater)

48eca647 is the one you want.

I DC'd in town doing missions, and after 30 minutes of trying to log back in and getting a meaningless error message it let me back in and my account seems to have been rolled back to about 5min before I DC'd D:

Quote Originally Posted by Pro View Post
    I started on LL and I haven't run into that issue at all yet. I've held a little spot with 3 spawns by myself...and kept killing nonstop...just have to run and find them...respawn timer on them is insanely low...
    I dunno I'm in Ul'Dah and I haven't found a sweet spot like that yet. Maybe it's just my server, but there's just too many people camping <10 mobs.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Best spot I've found in Ul'dah for 1-10ish is some moles, there's a dead end near the city if you count the squares on the map it's three up and three left from the Ul'dah marker. Sorry best way I could think to describe it. I leveled my Maurader there quickly to 6. Found a decent spot for my Pug too at lvl 12

Quote Originally Posted by joshd View Post
    Best spot I've found in Ul'dah for 1-10ish is some moles, there's a dead end near the city if you count the squares on the map it's three up and three left from the Ul'dah marker. Sorry best way I could think to describe it. I leveled my Maurader there quickly to 6. Found a decent spot for my Pug too at lvl 12
    That's pretty awesome, thanks! Guess it does just take exploring to find places.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

The updater DLs the patches. Then it checks the patch, and instead of closing to install the patch... it just closes the updater and nothing happens. Tried reinstalling. Tried restarting. Tried deleting the My Games data, still happens. Any ideas why it's not patching the game? I have the .patch files but the updater isn't patching them.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I couldn't ever get updater to work either. It only worked AFTER the boot and game patches went through, then the updater popped up by itself.

Thanks again Struon. I eventually figured that out. I think I need to do that on the wifey's lappy to see if I can get it to work for her as well.

Thanks to everyone in this thread that's helped!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Is there any way to tell if a server is opened/closed for more players? Trying to get a friend on Selbina with me, heard from a few other forums that sometimes the worlds open for short periods of time without being posted on the lodestone site. Any truth to that?

So, if you input your Right of Passage thing and you don't fill it up instantly, you lose it.
    Because I didn't fill it in (didn't know what my character would be back then) and now my code is used up.
    I emailed them about it. What's your prognosis?

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nartosar View Post
    So, if you input your Right of Passage thing and you don't fill it up instantly, you lose it.
    Because I didn't fill it in (didn't know what my character would be back then) and now my code is used up.
    I emailed them about it. What's your prognosis?
    I had this problem, opening the page through my browser history worked.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Priran View Post
    I had this problem, opening the page through my browser history worked.
    Thanks, got mine done.

I'm not sure if this is just their bad, it would be funny if it is, but this link bypasses the whole input code thing. I didn't try to actually fill out another entry so not sure if there's another security check before it confirms though.

https://www.webfulfillment.com/kci/LPR.asp?L=36

About the non-working code, they told me this.

We apologize for the problems you are experiencing. We can assist you in resolving this issue, however you will need to create a new ticket in order to provide us with the information necessary for us to assist. Step-by-step instruction on how to create the appropriate type of ticket appears below:
    1) Visit the SQUARE ENIX Support Center at http://support.na.square-enix.com/main.php?id=902&la=1
    2) Click on the button for "Retry Open Beta Transfer"
    3) Locate the line that reads "Click here for the account recovery form," and then click on the indicated link
    4) Log into the SQUARE ENIX Account that you require assistance on
    5) Review and agree to the Terms of Agreement for Recovery, and provide the information requested on the form
    6) Click the "Next" button
    7) Review the provided information for accuracy
    8) Click submit

So I did it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7