+ Reply to Thread

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Selling/Trading phone contracts?

So I have a contract with AT&T that has the following.

- Nation 450 Rollover & 5000 Night/Weekend & Unlimited Mobile-To-Mobile Minutes
    - 3G Data Plan for iPhone (Unlimited)
    - SMS Messaging (Unlimited)

- iPhone 3GS/iOS

From my understanding, since I reactivated my contract like one month before AT&T did away with "Unlimited Data" plans. I got grandfathered in, so a lot of heavy data users are looking for this type of account.

For years I've been wanting to just move the hell over to Verizon, primarily since my main location is not AT&T friendly.

Any ideas?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I have heard cellswapper.com is a good website, might wanna check that out. Have never personally used it so I don't really know a whole lot about it.

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Just keep in mind if the other person does not pay it will hurt your credit. I don't know but this could be illegal as it's kinda like "sub leasing" a condo. You would be essentially paying for a plan, then subleasing that plan to someone else, and have them make you payments. At least that is how I'd do it, as I'd have to keep tabs on them making payments, otherwise your ass might get left high and dry.

This is all of course unless there is a way to transfer the contract into their name in which case it would be easy, like selling a car our house and transferring the title and payments.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

verizon does this thing called "assumption of liability", im sure all carriers do it, basically you call in and say so and so is going to take over my account, then said person calls in, credit is run as if they were starting a new line of service, and as long as it is approved or deposit is paid, original account moves to new persons name but with original upgrade dates and termination dates

Not Killing Ganon
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I also have an unlimited Dataplan on my iphone, I'd love to toss it as its starting to piss me off (though i havent had the issues since i upgraded to iOS4.1 so I may be ok actually), but I really want a droid. My only problem is my plan is part of my parents plan, so I couldnt sell it if I wanted to

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

again, this is how verizon does that situation (i used to be a verizon salesman) but im sure att does something along these lines, you would just change YOUR line to a single line plan thereby taking it off your parents family plan, then do what i said above