BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

NNOOOOOOoooOOOOOOOOoooooooOOOOOOOoooooooOOOOOOoooo ooooOOOOOOoooOOoOOooOOOoOooooOOOOOOoOoooOoo!!!!!

The whole Playonline interface has just become even more useless now that there's only one game associated with it. They could have just called it "FFXI" from the start and not bothered with Playonline.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

i tried playing tetra master a bit a few years back. was nice to play it and finally know what the numbers on the cards ment. ff9 never explained it well enough.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Lol i used to play tetra a lot, but lately if i wanna play it ill jus boot up the ol ps1 and play ff9 :D

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Pikarya View Post
    Should of been implemented as a side-mini game within XI. We already have those gaming tables in Jeuno/etc. Don't see why it couldn't of been done.

Spoiler: show
    lolse

^ 100% agree.

I still feel they might be hiding the fact they plan on doing it, considering that guild levies are cards n' all.

EQ2 has an integrated card system and the way they do it is pretty awesome. You start with a booster pack, you can buy cards irl that give you a code that will upload the same cards into the game. Also, you can get random cards as drops. And all you do is stand next to someone and click an option to play against them.

People will buy/trade ingame for cards they want too.

After trying it, I don't understand why no other mmos has tried to copy it yet.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    ^ 100% agree.

I still feel they might be hiding the fact they plan on doing it, considering that guild levies are cards n' all.

EQ2 has an integrated card system and the way they do it is pretty awesome. You start with a booster pack, you can buy cards irl that give you a code that will upload the same cards into the game. Also, you can get random cards as drops. And all you do is stand next to someone and click an option to play against them.

People will buy/trade ingame for cards they want too.

After trying it, I don't understand why no other mmos has tried to copy it yet.
    I've always complained about it not being implemented into the game as a sidequest, especially during the level grinding years back in 2004 when job invites were scarce for certain jobs.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Thiefami View Post
    I've always complained about it not being implemented into the game as a sidequest, especially during the level grinding years back in 2004 when job invites were scarce for certain jobs.
    Yep same here. I played it a lot when servers were down or I was bored a long time ago. After I had all my trance cards/Beatrix taken from me cause the NPC managed to beat all my cards, I just quit for good lol.

I actually played Tetra Master for a pretty long time, did no one else?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    EQ2 has an integrated card system and the way they do it is pretty awesome. You start with a booster pack, you can buy cards irl
    that would be addictive i'm scared how much money i would spend, anyone remember pokemon cards XD

i can see it now though, a booster pack set of guildleve cards for a card game, but each pack also acting as mini-expansions/unique guildleves or gives in-game items; /wildspeculation!

RIP TetraMaster we'll miss you

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    RIP TetraMaster we wont miss you
    ftfy

Quote Originally Posted by Pikarya View Post
    ftfy
    Speak for yourself I loved tetramaster

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Good thing they keep Friend List Plus, I use that a lot

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

http://neighbr.net/images/not-a-single-fuck.jpg

I played it during the first week of FFXI and then realised how much wasted potential it had in not being implemented in the game proper. So sad.

They should of kept it, but made it free. I loved it and had one of the top packs made after me ; ; then I quit and made 2 more new pol accounts before I made it past lvl 10 and enjoyed the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Altanass View Post
    i love that game

i wonder if someone can turn it into a flash based game?
    I'm sure I remember a flash based online version of Triple Triad that someone made a few years back which I played for a while - except I was always shit at Triple Triad.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

How much longer before they finally kill off POL itself and use the Viewer simply as the log-in process to load XI straight up? ;/
    (obviously they can't outright remove the Viewer because of lolPS2/360 as well as people who haven't linked their accounts to an SE one yet)

Change this later.
    BG Level

Haha, just the other day I was wondering if anybody actually played this. Guess not.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Cesaria View Post
    I'm sure I remember a flash based online version of Triple Triad that someone made a few years back which I played for a while - except I was always shit at Triple Triad.
    There was, yeah, was pretty fun. Can't remember what happened to it though.

A. Body
    BG Level

Triple Triad was better.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeota Fourier
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I think I tried this maybe once or twice. Definitely wasn't worth the extra buck each month.

Yeah I remember that online triple triad game. It had a crapload of fan-made cards on top of the ones from the actual game.