Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I loved tetra master... the first 3 months I had ffxi I couldn't play it due to my graphics card and I just played tetra instead. Got the top pack named after me for a little and had a bunch of those jecht/hippo/etc cards. I'll miss it

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I still play TM :/

They should implement FFVIII's Triple Triad in FFXIV with the whole card transforming thing and such.
    Never really liked Tetra Master, too random and needlessly complex.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

apparently FFXIV has a in-game minigame tho.. called Parley i think... you play with NPCs. something like that.. i could be wrong

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

ok triple triad online is awesom!!!

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Everyone keeps mentioning the FF9 version, but do you guys remember the little brother of TT in FF8? :D

The card game has been around for a long time, slowly evolving and getting better. Honestly my favorite part of TT/TM is how short it is, one card game can easily be over in less than 1 minute. The game would be perfect to implement into FF14 as a mini game to play on downtime. Waiting for a wipe to be over and weakness to wear? TM with the guy resting beside you GO!!!!

Waiting on repop for NM PH? Waiting for stuff to sell on AH? Waiting for ??? wait time to be over? TETRA MASTER GO!

As long as the cards dont consume inventory, or maybe have like some kind of "deck" item that "holds" your cards, ala MMM's run pouch, I'm sure people would be all over that. Maybe have the ability to perform the game with another player like a trade request, and if they accept the game interface opens and maybe a icon pops up over both your heads showing your playing each other.

Then make it so that if you use/activate the "deck" or pouch or whatever, it opens up an inventory of your cards and you can remove cards from the deck into your inventory for trading and selling and whatnot.

And vise versa, make it work like a gobbiebag, except make it capable of holding hundreds of cards, its not like a card takes up much room (hai2u cor)

If SE made you able to buy booster packs via crysta for this game they'd be fucking rolling in cash, FF14's awesomeness + its downtime + already implemented crysta system + how their target demographic is already the type of people thatd spend 200 dollars on a deck of cards = MUTHAFUCKINPROFITBITCH

I'd be down with it, could even make some kind of spell/ability that turns the monster into its card ala FF8 (did 9 have this as well? I forgot)

Maybe even some HNMs will rarely drop their card, the possibilities are endless to incorporate the card game into the game itself, EQ2 proved it can work.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Anyone else think about how many problems Tetra Master would make if it were in FFXI; for example, people not paying attention to stunning or not WSing asap because they're playing Tetra Master? GO!

Seriously though, they need to keep up support for Tetra Master. My friend plays that and if she enjoys it, it means it's founded on JP nationalism, which all you ignorant japanophiles (redundant?) would support it too. That said, without FFXI, my POL account has no place to retire to when FFXI is done.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I guess it's kinda depressing that the topic about the buffalo event has less than a page, yet this has three...

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

hopefully they can even get POL recoded to be more streamlined or skipped all together

glory to the new XI dev team

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa View Post
    glory to the new XI dev team
    I'm glad someone appreciates this.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Necromage View Post
    I loved tetra master... the first 3 months I had ffxi I couldn't play it due to my graphics card and I just played tetra instead. Got the top pack named after me for a little and had a bunch of those jecht/hippo/etc cards. I'll miss it
    They had FFX cards? O.o thought it was only 9.

Also what is with people liking ff8's card game.. it was shit.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    Anyone else think about how many problems Tetra Master would make if it were in FFXI; for example, people not paying attention to stunning or not WSing asap because they're playing Tetra Master? GO!

Seriously though, they need to keep up support for Tetra Master. My friend plays that and if she enjoys it, it means it's founded on JP nationalism, which all you ignorant japanophiles (redundant?) would support it too. That said, without FFXI, my POL account has no place to retire to when FFXI is done.
    I logged into my tetra master accoutn a few times and of all servers there were single digits people online, SE was probably losing a lot of money keeping up the servers with what I'm guessing would barely be triple digit income from undeleted accounts slowly coming in. Chances are they were losing money, probably lots of it too, on the TM servers now so they decided to pull the plug, maybe redirect the system for FF14 stuff.

Also, if SE made it a requirement to play with a second person and maybe some NPCs to do TM, you couldn't be playing it in the middle of battle. And if your members were retarded enough to play the game during an HNM fight why the hell havent you kicked them yet? However I agree if you could just click a button and pull up TM and start playing on your own that would just be asking for trouble, but out in the field it'd be impossible using the method I said without a second person to play vs, so the game would be limited to in town with friends, or vs NPCs, and maybe even tournaments...

Another excellent possibility would be a spectator system enabled, so that if two players are sitting and playing TM you can wander up and start watching the game. With this one could imagine two well known TM players in a head to head dual with a crowd gathered around them cheering on, potentially even making bets on who wins.

Would certainly add a lot of player-player interaction depth to FF14, which I can't get enough of myself :D

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Selamis View Post
    People played Tetra Master to begin with?
    never played it once. I don't even know what it is

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Altanass View Post
    i love that game

i wonder if someone can turn it into a flash based game?
    I remember waaay back in the far off year of 1998~9 someone had actually turned the whole lot of them into pc counterparts (i remember its icon was of ultemicia and whatnot)

well, as far as I remember, SE didn't like that. It was free to play, although the program was highly buggy and crashed every second turn, you could play Pokemans, Triple Triad, Tetra Master... etc,

either SE shut it down with a C&D, or the game collapsed on itself for being so goddamn bugged.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by urat View Post
    I logged into my tetra master accoutn a few times and of all servers there were single digits people online, SE was probably losing a lot of money keeping up the servers with what I'm guessing would barely be triple digit income from undeleted accounts slowly coming in. Chances are they were losing money, probably lots of it too, on the TM servers now so they decided to pull the plug, maybe redirect the system for FF14 stuff.

Also, if SE made it a requirement to play with a second person and maybe some NPCs to do TM, you couldn't be playing it in the middle of battle. And if your members were retarded enough to play the game during an HNM fight why the hell havent you kicked them yet? However I agree if you could just click a button and pull up TM and start playing on your own that would just be asking for trouble, but out in the field it'd be impossible using the method I said without a second person to play vs, so the game would be limited to in town with friends, or vs NPCs, and maybe even tournaments...

The card game has been around for a long time, slowly evolving and getting better. Honestly my favorite part of TT/TM is how short it is, one card game can easily be over in less than 1 minute. The game would be perfect to implement into FF14 as a mini game to play on downtime. Waiting for a wipe to be over and weakness to wear? TM with the guy resting beside you GO!!!!

Waiting on repop for NM PH? Waiting for stuff to sell on AH? Waiting for ??? wait time to be over? TETRA MASTER GO!

This sounded like stuff retard players would do, so I assumed they were the subject of focus.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Triple triad ftw ;-;

Sagacious Sundi

Am I the only one that preferred Tetra Master to Triple Triad? Then again I barely played Triple Triad.

The Spooniest of Bards
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lucian Esperance
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I liked TM far more then TT. It just had more depth to it.

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by urat View Post
    With this one could imagine two well known TM players in a head to head dual with a crowd gathered around them cheering on, potentially even making bets on who wins.
    People callin GM's after their bets get fixed and they get hustled lol.

All valid ideas, though. You'd think these kinds of off-time activities would be second nature thinking for an MMO. The game is largely a social affair, but the game itself isn't a 'game' most of the time to most end game players. More items like that would make the MMO world a lot more fun.