1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 59 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 0 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 13 hours, 59 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 20 hours, 0 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
    CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

2+ SE accounts plus 2+ POL accounts

I am sure I am not the only one in the same situation, that's why I ask here.

I have 5 POL accounts linked to one SE account right now for family/friends (wanted to use token for satchel, then cancelled token). I bought 2 copies of FFXIV for familiy members who will play both XIV and XI. I am still waiting for the game to arrive (may arrive today or tomorrow) so, I was wondering... should I register both XIV codes into my SE account and will be able to play both "accounts" (really two FFXIV codes into the same SE account)?

I know probably the easiet answer is to make a different SE account for each XIV code, but I want to take advantage of the discount I will get for having FFXI (POL) active chars and playing both games.

Ideas on what should I do? I ask because I already have XIV client installed but when I log in I just type my SE ID and password, I can't play because no code yet, but... will I be asked which "code" will I get to play with? or how does it work?

Apologies in advance if it has already been explained somewhere else, if that's the case I would appreciate to get redirected there.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

There is no discount on the FFXIV iirc, the discount is applied only to the FFXI account. Because your SE account id is how you log in I do not think you can use the same login twice for FFXIV. This is something you should call the customer service for and ask before you do the linking, once FFXIV is linked you will be unable to unlink and reregister on a different account.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yes you can play both accounts through one account. What will happen is after you load both accounts and log into FFXIV it will ask you to choose a service account. They are labeled I, II, III etc. Currently, I have 2 service accounts through 1 square account and this is how it works for me. They can be played at the same time as well. You just have to choose the correct service account.

Only thing really annoying about it, is you should be able to rename it whatever you like.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Alylia View Post
    Yes you can play both accounts through one account. What will happen is after you load both accounts and log into FFXIV it will ask you to choose a service account. They are labeled I, II, III etc. Currently, I have 2 service accounts through 1 square account and this is how it works for me. They can be played at the same time as well. You just have to choose the correct service account.

Only thing really annoying about it, is you should be able to rename it whatever you like.
    This is exactly what I was hoping to hear.

Thanks for the confirmation! <3

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

no problem

I was trying to find out that information too and finally just gave it a shot. i'm glad it worked! SE should have provided a little more information on the FFXI site at least.

-Aly

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Not everyone will be so lucky though. I have 2 NA POL/XI accounts but I can't get a discount for my JP XIV; I have to use 2 different SE accounts ;/.