1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 9 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 0 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 9 hours, 9 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
    New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tieffy Wieffy
    FFXIV Server
    Gungnir
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Running 2 accounts on same computer

I would like to be able to run two accounts on my computer. I messed with it some today and couldn't get it to work. Is it not possible at this time? Was using windower at the time also.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Tiernin View Post
    I would like to be able to run two accounts on my computer. I messed with it some today and couldn't get it to work. Is it not possible at this time? Was using windower at the time also.
    The problem is that the game installer only puts the updater folders in the "Documents/My Games/" folder of the installing user account. If you switch Windows accounts afterward, that folder doesn't exist, and the updater fails to find the update files to validate versions.

You *can* copy that data into the matching location on the other user account if you desire, but that's a huge waste of disk space. You could probably finagle something using junction points so that the folder resides elsewhere and each path maps to that location, but then some of the client settings will be shared between each user. The easiest and safest thing to do is to just use the same Windows account, sadly.

Anyone got any other ideas? whenever I try to open up a second client whether they're different installs or anything, second one always crashes on startup.

is it allowed? (SE wise)

It isn't disallowed...

Hate to keep bumping this with nothing to contribute but anyone else gotten this to work at all? I bought 2 accounts and am really close to biting the bullet to upgrade a old PC to run the game at 5fps minimum frame-rate(bazaar mule) if I can't manage to get my PC(which is wayyyy more than needed for 2 clients) to run 2 at once.

Really hate to spend even a small amount if I can run two at once.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I can only imagine what kind of PC it would take to run this game twice in a playable state.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Incoming necro I know but is there any update on this? I'm also trying to run two clients at once on the same PC under the same user account like I did with FFXI. However, I've been unable to get it to work and google searches aren't showing much info.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Vivania View Post
    Incoming necro I know but is there any update on this? I'm also trying to run two clients at once on the same PC under the same user account like I did with FFXI. However, I've been unable to get it to work and google searches aren't showing much info.
    This was forever ago (although it should still work) but when I dualboxed I used sandboxie (http://www.sandboxie.com/).

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

When i get home I will shoot you the site with a Program that will allow you to Dual-Box. Must have a good CPU to handle both Char. with no issues. I upgraded to 8 core AMD Bulldozer and I am running 2 char fine on high settings.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit