1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 3 hours, 8 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 20 hours, 51 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 20 hours, 8 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 13 hours, 51 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 197 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

A little crafting complaint here.

Sometimes it just feels so fucking random. Let's take an example, this Armorer leve with level recommendation of 5, I failed every fucking synth as lvl8 Armorer with the support you get from camp.

I tried both main/offhand tools few times, because the item in question was bronze chain, it sort of made sense in my head that it's made with the pliers rather than the hammer.

The pliers seemed to have a slightly better success rate indeed, but the durability went down faster than the progress meter even when I was succeeding, what the hell's up with that?

With the hammer successes were scarce, but at least the durability didn't wear off as quickly, but I still failed every single one of the items.. sometimes I'm just cluless as fuck when I'm crafting, can't help it.

And yeah I tried both standard and rapid, neither worked, nor my tools are broken either.

Felt good to rant a bit yo, I'm a whole new man until this shit happens again.

Things I would like to see SE add/change:

Ability to view others linkshell name
    Easier to examine players. Make it right clickable like in FFXI.
    Less Lag. x100
    Auto attack. No Mr. SE CEO, hitting the same button repeatedly during a fight is NOT fun, its annoying!!

Another thing is it takes forever to equip and unequip gear, or maybe its just the horrid lag. Either way, I may just not play the game again until I see the next update fixing a few things as this game is barely playable for me.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

The crafting system definitely feels random TS. I'm a level 13 armorer and one synth I'll have no problem at all making something. Another time I'll fail every single try and not even get the progress bar over 50%. I still don't agree with being able to craft a finished product before you're able to make the components for it. I don't care what people say, that's so completely ass backwards it's just retarded.

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I love dying repeatedly on leves because the mobs I'm attacking turn white mid fight and the log says that the target is already engaged and no matter what I hit I cannot get my character to attack. -_-

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Onion helm is really ugly, the "special" DVD we got was the same shit that was on youtube, journal is decent, shoes are crap that don't work for me. Idk I feel bit cheated lol, but I guess we get to play 8 days earlier with buggy ass crap like "target is already claimed" when trying to attack something yet it can still kill you. Also the shitastic casting time and complete lack of content. Shit that can one shot you which completes axes exploration in certain areas (had a water monster shit head one shot me when trying to get to nine leve camp in black shroud.) SOoo yeah, not too impressed atm.

In b4 Hyan and M~w/e come and white knight for FFXIV.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

It doesn't happen often but when it does it's fucking infuriating. Sometimes a mob would run away from you, sometimes a decent distance and sometimes they just move slightly but it seems to recover their health not all the time though. I don't know if its intentional, I have personally witnessed Opo-Opos and those squirrel things doing it, its like they forget your fighting them..reset..recover health and remember and come looking for you..

Anyone else bumped into this?

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Yes, all mobs seems really retarded imo. They attack really slow and just seems bugged, at least to me.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

While it's ridiculous that we cannot check a bazaar while moving, it's even more ridiculous that one needs to basically hump another player to be within purchase range.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Yeah I am not complaining about this really cause its really useful for me being an archer but sometimes a mob would just sit there with its back to me while I am nailing arrows into its ass, like the system lags when you engage a monster like you're able to attack it but the system hasn't reckonised you've engaged it yet. Its not my personal lag because everything else is going on like normal..I am attacking normally, people are attacking normally, mobs behaving normally around me.

Ridill
    BG Level

moving things to your retainer take for fucking ever.
    Your retainer's inventory is full.
    No it's not. Fuck you!

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Everything seems SLOOOOOOW as fuck. The menus and everything lag like crazy. I tried fishing earlier and it took me about 3 minutes to fish up one thing.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Why would you release your game 8 days earlier than its scheduled release date i.e all of the games designers etc working towards this date for no reason? inb4 a ghetto test to see peoples reactions to certain things, they bit off a little more they could chew with this I think its kinda put a stigma on the game already and technically its not even released yet.. was a bad idea. Should of spent the 8 days with a group of insiders playing the game to iron shit out (which is what the OB was apprantly for lol)

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by LidenbokValour View Post
    Why would you release your game 8 days earlier than its scheduled release date i.e all of the games designers etc working towards this date for no reason? inb4 a ghetto test to see peoples reactions to certain things, they bit off a little more they could chew with this I think its kinda put a stigma on the game already and technically its not even released yet.. was a bad idea. Should of spent the 8 days with a group of insiders playing the game to iron shit out (which is what the OB was apprantly for lol)
    *shrug* I guess it's like people who go out and pay a premium for the CE version of a game that they know has an ass ton of issues and bugs still and then complain nonstop about said bugs and issues. The obvious thing would have been to *not buy it*, but then people wouldn't be able to complain...

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Quote Originally Posted by mysterytaru View Post
    *shrug* I guess it's like people who go out and pay a premium for the CE version of a game that they know has an ass ton of issues and bugs still and then complain nonstop about said bugs and issues. The obvious thing would have been to *not buy it*, but then people wouldn't be able to complain...
    I think giving people an 8 day head start might of sent the message that these bugs in earlier stages of the beta/alpha would be gone..thats why you release your game early isnt it? oh wait.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by LidenbokValour View Post
    I think giving people an 8 day head start might of sent the message that these bugs in earlier stages of the beta/alpha would be gone..thats why you release your game early isnt it? oh wait.
    Given that they announced the 8 day head start when it was still in alpha testers hands, they never implied anything of the sort. As far as the bugs and issues go they said they'd work on them but gave no real indication of *when* they'd be fixed. People read into it what they wanted to and went from there. They saw "Eight day head start" and common sense went out the window. Rather than wait for proper reviews or community feedback on sites like BG, they jump in head first and complain cause they smacked their heads on the wall. Anybody who went into this expecting everything to be fixed after all the interviews/news/beta tester feedback that's been posted, deserve to get burnt. The rest knew exactly what they were in for and are at least trying, for the most part, to exercise patience in the matter.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Here's a good complaint: the in-game recipe's don't fucking match every website and database, INCLUDING SE's main one. Rat Fur Shoulder Guards: Very simple. One part rat fur, one part sheep leather strap. Does it work in-game? Nope. No Hempen shirt for me, and I can't report the bug to SE.

My weaver is essentially locked because I can't make anything without rat shoulder pads, which are broken, variations of taupe sheep leather and straps, and I haven't event seen any taupe bugs yet. I'm sitting with 95% of the parts for gowns, half gowns, robes, half robes, vests, shirts, and everything else, locked out by one or two bugs or parts.

My leathercrafter is locked behind a wall of shoes that take iron nails to make level 9 gear, and also the taupe and colored leather fiasco.

My armorer is stuck in a slow grind because all of the low level armorer "arms" require bronze plates, which armorer cannot make until post-12. Its like you need a higher level armorer to make your plates for you so you can actually skill up, but if you do that, you fall behind because they've already sold the countless low level items that require bronze plates. Armorer also only has copper shit that realistically is used for zilch to skill up on.

Its like the holy trinity of what the fuck. Bed time for this burned out soul. I've never had a game summarily crush my nuts into one another so pointedly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Here's a good complaint: the in-game recipe's don't fucking match every website and database, INCLUDING SE's main one. Rat Fur Shoulder Guards: Very simple. One part rat fur, one part sheep leather strap. Does it work in-game? Nope. No Hempen shirt for me, and I can't report the bug to SE.
    yes you can. https://support.na.square-enix.com/f...a=1&p=0&fo=279

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Well that's promising. Hopefully they have a translator to read it.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Why were people complaining that there's only three areas to level in? Do you not think you'll be able to level in the 6 dungeons at some point? I don't know what level you'd need to be but you're going to have 9 viable levelling areas before you get to Coerthas. If you want variety, make the effort.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post

My weaver is essentially locked because I can't make anything without rat shoulder pads, which are broken, variations of taupe sheep leather and straps, and I haven't event seen any taupe bugs yet. I'm sitting with 95% of the parts for gowns, half gowns, robes, half robes, vests, shirts, and everything else, locked out by one or two bugs or parts.

My leathercrafter is locked behind a wall of shoes that take iron nails to make level 9 gear, and also the taupe and colored leather fiasco.

My armorer is stuck in a slow grind because all of the low level armorer "arms" require bronze plates, which armorer cannot make until post-12. Its like you need a higher level armorer to make your plates for you so you can actually skill up, but if you do that, you fall behind because they've already sold the countless low level items that require bronze plates. Armorer also only has copper shit that realistically is used for zilch to skill up on.

Its like the holy trinity of what the fuck. Bed time for this burned out soul. I've never had a game summarily crush my nuts into one another so pointedly.
    I'm Armorer 13 now and I still can't make Bronze Chain, but you can make Bronze Chainmail and various other things in the 1-10 tier. Makes perfect sense. (not really). I also like how I could make Bronze Plate a few levels ago, but couldn't make Bronze Ingots. (Bronze Plate comes from Ingots) So fucking stupid.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 197 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast