1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 52 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 7 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -3 hours, -8 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 12 hours, 7 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 197 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Shadowsong

One thing I never understood about FFXI was that unlike most of the MMOs (and RPGs) I've played, they didn't tell you what level the mob was. I never understood the point of so much of the deliberate vagueness in FFXI, and this carries over to FFXIV. Yeah there is a certain kind of fun to discovering new things and what does what. But its short-lived fun, and I'd rather them have the community focus on some of the deeper, longer term things since they seem adamant that they are incapable of providing fast and accurate translations of everything and would rather the community sites do it for them.

I cite the example (as I probably did quite a lot during beta and open beta) of the "The X is aware of your presence..." messages you used to get in the chat log during Alpha (and possibly Beta 1). Why was this removed? Did it make the game too easy when you received a warning that a mob was aggressive? Chances are if it noticed you you only had maybe 1-2 seconds to change your course anyway, but if you were lucky, you could avoid being one-shot by a mob you didn't want to fight. It was especially useful as mobs don't REALLY give a great indicator of when they have noticed you and are about to spring upon you and eat your face.

WoW's system of yellow and red mobs works fine. Red mobs are aggressive. Yellow mobs are neutral. Does this denotation make the game zomg easy? No, not really. It just saves you on the time it takes to run back to your corpse or, in FFXIV's case it would be "back from the camp to where you were when you were killed, assuming you remembered to set your Return point at the nearest aetheryte as you ran past".

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

^ White Knights are going to tell you that showing the level is EZ mode and QQ Moar Casual. The "con" system is just Square's style. I find it the same as I find much of their stylized systems: needlessly archaic, yet in the flavor of a classic SE game. They never told you the levels of the mobs in any FF game unless you used scan, so I'd wager that they want the same system here.

When they want you to know mob levels, they'll give you the scan spell. It is what it is.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Garona

I don't even mind knowing the mobs level directly but the con needs to be consistent. It needs to be a system that adjusts accordingly and it should be centered around level. If it's colors, that's fine but if they are only using 5 colors total, that is going to be a hard slide scale as the player develops. So far all it has done for me is get me killed because I didn't know the actual con of the mob. Everybody will QQ if SE opens any doors for the player base. It's the masochist in us all!! Of course, those some white knights will just simply alt tab out and look online.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

They made it a really complicated system. Mobs in parties of 3 that are all say, even match to you, will all con as red because it measures the difficulty of the party.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    They made it a really complicated system. Mobs in parties of 3 that are all say, even match to you, will all con as red because it measures the difficulty of the party.
    Oh shiii~ that makes sense then... I never understood why leve monsters that I can 1~2-shot checked as yellow~red. Or the con color changing after I kill one, die, and come back.

That group-con (for both sides) really needs to go.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Shadowsong

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    Aaaaaaaah!

That does indeed explain why they change colour. And when solo I can see why it would work. After all, if I'm fighting 3x Decent Challenge mobs, that's actually a relatively Tough to Incredibly Tough fight.

But I still think it is kinda convoluted. I don't understand why, when fighting a party of 3x chigoes that I can kill with two hits, they con as Red. That is not an incredibly tough party, even fighting against the atrocious targeting interface ¬_¬

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I think I've even one-shot two Chigoes at once with Seismic Strike that checked orange...

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The crafting system in this game is fucking stupid.

I don't even know where to start on how bad it is.

80% of the problems could be resolved by an auction house system, but I highly doubt they will even implement it. Hopefully on the 30th there will be some sort of mega patch that will fix everything currently wrong with the game but I doubt it...

Also inventory space sucks. With everything having +1~+3 80 spaces are gone fast.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    The crafting system in this game is fucking stupid.
    Did people anyone really prefer the "click-the-synthesis-button-and-cross-your-fingers-for-success/skill/hq" crafting system in XI? Boggling.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    Did people anyone really prefer the "click-the-synthesis-button-and-cross-your-fingers-for-success/skill/hq" crafting system in XI? Boggling.

Vs this mess? Erm.. yes?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

So um.... I leveled Marauder to 10 just for Defender... and now fucking Level 20 Guildleves are offering me MARAUDER GUILDMARKS. What the fuck SE? Why ??

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    When they want you to know mob levels, they'll give you the scan spell. It is what it is.
    I recall greatly appreciating knowing the target level in 12. It was nice to go into the Feywood for the first time and to be able to see "Oh, these guys will hand my ass to me, but I can come back at Lv XYZ and be okay here".

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    Uhhh yea.

You must have never synthed yet in 14 because it's clicking 3 different buttons multiple times while crossing your fingers only to see the craft you just spent the like 6hours -> 2days gathering/working you fucking ass of for blow up when you hit 100% and your durability hit 0.

What can you do about it?

Nothing, there is no crafting material retention like there was in FFXI. So you go back out to the trees/fields/rocks trying to get some piece of shit item that doesn't like to drop that you need to process in 5 different synths for some level 7 armor.

Fail system

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Again, it's not the crafting system at fault, it's the lack of an auction house/materials and parts sold by players.

I have crafted a lot in XIV and I took a craft to 98 in XI and I prefer XIV's system.

If you don't want crafting to be hard, wait until better trade between players is happening. Whether it be an auction house or people selling materials/parts in bazaars instead of NPCing all the shit you spend hours hunting for.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

No he means that he cries for stupid shit like people does for no auto attack

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I can't start a craft and go watch TV for 15 min WAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Relic Horn
    BG Level

So um.... I leveled Marauder to 10 just for Defender... and now fucking Level 20 Guildleves are offering me MARAUDER GUILDMARKS. What the fuck SE? Why ??
    Not only this, you also need to be on the job when finishing the guildleve to gain the marks. Very annoying

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Moart complaint!

What is up with the chat window? Half the time when I'm typing the window will randomly close and I have to retype my entire message. Not to mention the amount of space they give you to type is barely enough.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Tbh the tedious task of shouting or searching through hundreds of bazaars to find materials for only a handful of synths is absolutely ridiculous, i cant see myself ever adapting to this system.

Also they say they have designed the game with the casual gamer in mind, well imo that system is completely flawed. The system thats in place, as left me wanting to do almost everything for myself, especially considering the massive variation on prices i have seen. Casual isnt having to go out and mine, forage and fish your ass off to level a number of crafts just to create a new item, sure its possible, but im sure casuals want to play for fun. Not to mention the lack of auction house means people who cannot spend the time doing everything by there own hand to make gil, wont have an easy platform to be able to farm and sell otherwise in demand goods to make gil to buy any new gear. This in turn will create more gimps than XI ever had to offer.

I was such an optimist coming into this game, but now i just dont know what to think. Im usually one of the SE fan boys defending them to the death, but now im sad to say, without some big changes i dont see myself playing this game for very long.

I realise i seem to be defending casual gamers for some reason, but I dont consider myself casual in any sense of the word, over 5 years in XI i clocked 450days+ playtime and i plan/planned to dedicate alot of my time to this title.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Lyramion View Post
    Because you might want more MAR affinity to make defender stronger when you're using it outside MAR?

The requirement to actually be on the job is what's retarded.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

It´s still stupid. It means even more randomisation if you get guildmarks for THAT mainjob you wanna boost the most.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 197 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast