1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 2 hours, 2 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 21 hours, 57 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -5 hours, -58 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 14 hours, 57 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 197 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Random Complaint Thread. No white knighting allowed.

Needs to be made. All bitching goes here.

New rule:

let people complain, no white knighting allowed.

New Odin
    BG Level

SE stole mah money i hate them

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Im extremely annoyed and astonished at how crafting is such a pain in the ass. I spent over an hour and 5-10k gil trying to make a Hempen Cowl. First I bought all the hempen yarn, and had to make x9 hempen clothes (x3 yarns each) which I failed ALOT(rank 7 weaver on a level 5 recipe) so much infact that I had to turn Mako Fiber into yarn to turn into thread cause I ran out of yarn and didnt want to buy more. From then I had to turn the clothes into the parts of the cowls (Thank god I didnt fail) whicher were, hood, inside, and outside. But in the end, I finally was able to make this level 1 recipe item after about an hour of work most of my gil gone (yes Im broke and dont have a lot) on my level 7 weaver.

tl;dr Crafting is way too over the top in terms of materials. And the materials of the materials. And the sub crafts needed for the materials of the materials....

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

Guess I'll add my bitching here since you deleted it out of the other thread and didn't move it here!

Anyways, I understand the concept behind the market wards system and I get it. However, anyone that defends it must be seriously messed up in the head because it seems like a total afterthought the way it's currently set up. I really hope they do something about it soon.

Also to add some crafting bitching, I'm level 12 in armorsmithing now and I basically worked my ass off to get up to this point so I can make a shield. I have my carpentry subcraft up to 8 or so and I have everything else ready but I can't find any Dodo Leather Straps. My friend, who is level 11 in leatherworking, can't make it either. Infact, he fails so bad at the synth he can barely get to 50% progress with the most expensive synthesis support. This tells me he probably needs to be closer to 20. Are you really going to tell me it's good design that there are components for a level 9 shield that may come from a level 20 leatherworking synth? The least they could have done since your shield skill generally falls a good way behind your sword skill anyways is to give Gladiator's a dinky ass level 1 shield or provided a fairly cheap entry level option so we could work on our shield skill. Little things like this really start to add up after a while.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Crafting is fine, it just feels bad because no one bothers selling the parts due to the market ward system. XI's crafting would be the same if you had to make/find your own materials.

Edit: And the levels make sense. For example, I can put together a PC but I can't make any of the components. The latter requires more skill. Same applies to armour/weapons. I may be able to fit a handle to a sword but making a blade would require more skill.

New Odin
    BG Level

I think someone could make a fortune selling finished parts for making equipment.. gotta give it some thought.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Of course. People only seem to see the value in selling finished products however.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

It's also more of a risk overpaying for parts and until people get some sense for prices people may not want to take that risk.

You pay 10,000 gil to make something that you can only sell for 5,000 gil and you're left holding the bag. You buy a shirt etc. it's at least worth what use you'll get out of it.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by el_tio View Post
    It's also more of a risk overpaying for parts and until people get some sense for prices people may not want to take that risk.

You pay 10,000 gil to make something that you can only sell for 5,000 gil and you're left holding the bag. You buy a shirt etc. it's at least worth what use you'll get out of it.
    I think it'll worth the price it costs to make the item. At least initially you can sell shit for crazy prices and people will surely buy them. It'll even out sooner or later though.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Well, research is part of the game if you want to get rich. You've got to know what's worth buying and selling, where and when.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by avelle View Post
    Guess I'll add my bitching here since you deleted it out of the other thread and didn't move it here!

Anyways, I understand the concept behind the market wards system and I get it. However, anyone that defends it must be seriously messed up in the head because it seems like a total afterthought the way it's currently set up. I really hope they do something about it soon.

Also to add some crafting bitching, I'm level 12 in armorsmithing now and I basically worked my ass off to get up to this point so I can make a shield. I have my carpentry subcraft up to 8 or so and I have everything else ready but I can't find any Dodo Leather Straps. My friend, who is level 11 in leatherworking, can't make it either. Infact, he fails so bad at the synth he can barely get to 50% progress with the most expensive synthesis support. This tells me he probably needs to be closer to 20. Are you really going to tell me it's good design that there are components for a level 9 shield that may come from a level 20 leatherworking synth? The least they could have done since your shield skill generally falls a good way behind your sword skill anyways is to give Gladiator's a dinky ass level 1 shield or provided a fairly cheap entry level option so we could work on our shield skill. Little things like this really start to add up after a while.
    I ran into the exact same problem (also doing Armorer), except I need a hempen shirt (or something?) for some Chainmail. Quickest route for any shield atm seems to be Carpentry and make a Square Maple Shield, or buy one for 20-30k.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Well, research is part of the game if you want to get rich. You've got to know what's worth buying and selling, where and when.
    The issue isn't what, where, or when. Its how. How the fuck do I find the items I want to buy? It's impossible.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Complaints? No map markers. Can't seem to (easily) find out which ward within the general market zone that my retainer is. Processing / server response time still seems a bit slow for things like crafting and gathering. Reactionary abilities--at least Pugulist's haymaker, should probably have a bigger window. Bug in a recent mining leve which I did twice recently; mining spot didn't appear in the marked area. Should possibly be more locations for bells for summoning your retainer. Doors that require opening via a menu command should also be openable via action button IMO. Format for making macros should be shown, or a tutorial available as an option, when you select macros from the menu.

I could probably think of loads more complaints but in reality I'm enjoying the game more each time I play it. A lot of the irritation is just getting used to how the game is designed. Once learned and accepted, some of the quirks aren't so bad.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Well based on my experience with open beta:

No AH/bad economy: Aside from the obvious, there also seems to be too wide a variety of lootable crafting ingredients. We only have a limited number of bazaar slots so we may end up throwing away all but the most profitable stuff.

Unbalanced crafting system: As was said previously, in order to create equipment, we need to perform a higher-level synth using ingredients that must be crafted from an even higher level DoH. As an extreme example, the crafted lvl 1 axe recipe required lvl 14+ blacksmithing, leatherworking, and carpentry.

Repetitive zones: Towards the end of the open beta, I got really tired of desert, forest, and grasslands. They have leves in the 3 starter zones that go up til lvl 40 (and possible further? I'm not sure), so they seem to intend for us to be there for most of the game. Even with caves, mines and stuff, I still spent most of my time outside town running through the same types of terrain over and over.

Undemanding party dynamic: It wasn't really necessary to have more than 2-3 people per party, and the battles seemed to be about spamming attacks without much strategy. I hardly ever felt like I was really playing as part of an organized group/fulfilling a role.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Metafox View Post
    Unbalanced crafting system: As was said previously, in order to create equipment, we need to perform a higher-level synth using ingredients that must be crafted from an even higher level DoH. As an extreme example, the crafted lvl 1 axe recipe required lvl 14+ blacksmithing, leatherworking, and carpentry.
    I think that's not a bad thing really. For the rest I agree.

Unfinished GL design really makes playing a combat class tough and boring right now =/.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

A lot of the synths also seem like they would be much easier if we actually had the recommended training. Making guild marks not show up till 20+ is really shitty of them if crafting classes will be so dependant on them (and if the boost you get from "recommended crafting facilities" is any indication, they will be).

I really do not like the idea of hanging around starting zones until rank 30-40.

Why isn't there a normal progression of zones like in FFXI? (I.E. after level 10 you moved on to a higher level zone, but you can't do that because the starting zones already have rank 1-30 monsters) In fact, why are are there so little zones? You could make 2-3 different zones out of the current zones in the game. They made the maps so enormous that it just becomes empty and monotonous.

I wish I had never played any other MMO ever. That way I could play this and think "Wow! this is fun" with no delusions whatsoever. -_-

After 3 beta's I'm already completely burnt out on this, and I can't shake the feeling that I am still playing a beta phase. I really really wish I had cancelled my pre-order and just waited for the PS3 version since HOPEFULLY by then something worth doing in this game will have come about.

I was really bothered by the fact that they didn't put any other zones between the cities in the retail. I thought for sure it couldn't be left that way and they just wanted the open beta people to access the other cities much quicker. Alas it really is that small a world. I really can't stress enough how disappointing that is. I've been to all of the zones already, and aside from the music in Mor Dhona the whole experience was less exhilarating than my first trip to the dunes in XI. Looking forward to grinding to 40 in the same extremely bland looking zone is nothing short of depressing.

At this point there are still too many things to bitch about, and i've been doing it for too long In each phase. Just going to play out my free 30 days and then deactivate my account till they actually do something with this game.

Fuck casual gamers too, fuck them in their casual eye-sockets... casually.

Oh! And fuck Gladiator! 3 Beta's and shields are still as fucking elusive as ever, if not more since gear rewards on leves are pretty much non-existant now. Thank you SE for using your noggins so well.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nours Sruon
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Search system / Auction House / Map Markers / Party Targetting

Having fun otherwise.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

When they said 20% of the content was implemented in the closed beta, they should mentioned "content" meant area, and not stuff to do. Not that I was expecting anything else...it's just funny how little the game evolved since the beginning of the beta.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    When they said 20% of the content was implemented in the closed beta, they should mentioned "content" meant area, and not stuff to do. Not that I was expecting anything else...it's just funny how little the game evolved since the beginning of the beta.
    20 ranks, leves for said ranks, and of course each starting region adds more leves as well (which essentially tripled the amount of leves). Not to mention the class quests.

Also macros, linkshells, blahblah.

They weren't lying. And yes, it's still barren.

Yet you won't run out of stuff to do anytime soon.