Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 11 of 74 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
    New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Does anyone know if Addle's potency is affected by stats or is it a set amount?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I ended up getting Crimson Abyssite of Destiny the other night. If I'm understanding it correctly, having that Abyssite means that I'll build Amber light faster than normal.

So what I'm wondering is: Should I be the one trying to get Elemental WS kills then? ie. Will me getting the kill-shot help the whole alliance to gain higher tier of Amber light faster?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Soho View Post
    I ended up getting Crimson Abyssite of Destiny the other night. If I'm understanding it correctly, having that Abyssite means that I'll build Amber light faster than normal.

So what I'm wondering is: Should I be the one trying to get Elemental WS kills then? ie. Will me getting the kill-shot help the whole alliance to gain higher tier of Amber light faster?
    I don't think so. I have both Abyssites of Destiny. I've noticed that my kills generate large gold caskets sooner than the rest of the alliance (~20 Amber kills, I'll be making big gold and everyone else will still be making small). I think it may just be a flat Light level +5 upon entrance or something.

Obvious follow-up question is: "Should I avoid getting the Red Casket enhancing ones?" I really don't know. I would guess so, but I'm too much of a completist to not collect them. Gotta catch'em all.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

The wording on the abyssite says "Greater fortune." This might imply that it only increases the level of the box rather than the ratio of the light. The former (level) increases the value of the box (Strength of light in the case of red boxes/Ability to get gold light) while the latter increases the rate at which red boxes appear (Unaffected by abyssite).

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    The wording on the abyssite says "Greater fortune." This might imply that it only increases the level of the box rather than the ratio of the light. The former (level) increases the value of the box (Strength of light in the case of red boxes/Ability to get gold light) while the latter increases the rate at which red boxes appear (Unaffected by abyssite).
    Level of box and frequency of occurrence are both directly related to light strength. "Fortune" could imply frequency of appearance or strength of box.
    Seems like you're adding a variable that we have no reason to believe exists with your explanation.

Edit:
    I'd love for your explanation to be correct, I just doubt that it is because it requires a second variable for each light strength. Like, without the Abyssites you could have lights cap at 30 and:
    Probability of Blue Occurrence = (Pearl/33)*[Blue/(Amber+Blue+Red)]
    Probability of Gold Occurrence = (Pearl/33)*[Amber/(Amber+Blue+Red)]
    etc.

and:
    Strength of Blue Box = IF(Blue>25, {set of highest level blue things}) IF(25>=Blue>=20, {set of second highest level blue things}) etc.

So everything about chests would be determined by four variables. Just adding 5 to your starting lights (like adding potions to your inventory when you enter) is just a really simple way to fulfill the abyssite's description.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

yea i just want to check im lv57 mnk at 59 should i be getin zeal cap or is ther something better

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Level of box and frequency of occurrence are both directly related to light strength. "Fortune" could imply frequency of appearance or strength of box.
    Seems like you're adding a variable that we have no reason to believe exists with your explanation.
    DAT Mining showed that there is a 1000 mark "Counter" in the system. This, during the time of experimenting (And even after SE's light description) suggested that frequency and level of light are separate. Earning a light from a monster increases both of these, but the effects are dissimilar. The magnitude of the box (i.e. 200XP or 1250 XP) caps and remains capped. The frequency varies with respect to other boxes and caps out at 1000. You can be capped on all lights in magnitude, but receive an overwhelming amount of gold boxes because your last 1000 kills have only yielded amber light.

As for the description, SE does have a tendency to be inconsistent, but given the aforementioned system, it becomes irrelevant. If it only increases the magnitude, there is no problem since you want strong red boxes anyways. If it increases frequency and magnitude, you can balance that out by obtaining the abyssite for blue and gold boxes. However, I think that alone strengthens the argument for the ratio system. If it did not work as a ratio or the abyssite affected the frequency, then having all abyssites would negate the effects of each other except with respect to magnitude.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

is there a zone that has fire weather and has a good amount of vermin type mobs to kill that give exp?

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I would join a wamouracampa party on Firesday. In all my Tapian claw+1 trials, I NEVER saw fire weather during my fireday killfests though ; ;

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Alternatively if you're solo with nowhere really better to go, Meri Mountains S has a lot of Dragonflies south of the Campaign tower and if you hug the wall around. They're quite spread out but they die ridiculously fast and you get Fire weather RARELY there. Wamouras are probably better with a party though.

Sword of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Phoenyx Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Ultima
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Grodo View Post
    yea i just want to check im lv57 mnk at 59 should i be getin zeal cap or is ther something better
    Zeal for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Samonez View Post
    is there a zone that has fire weather and has a good amount of vermin type mobs to kill that give exp?
    I'd second Toth's suggestion. Fire weather is infrequent at best in Mt. Z - I think I saw it all of twice when I was there doin' trials. If you have a RDM friend for Dispel and can team up with some other people in the zone it's a good time.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

If someone joins a PT/Alliance after a gold box has dropped, can the new member obtain an augmented item from the box?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    If someone joins a PT/Alliance after a gold box has dropped, can the new member obtain an augmented item from the box?
    Nope.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Is any DNC af+1 worth upgrading?
    Feet for WS if you don't have rutters or Rager Ledelsens.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Trying to calculate QD damage and following the formula on wiki I'm getting ridiculously high numbers. So what the hell am I doing wrong?
    Using corsair's gun 41dmg, oboron bullet 77dmg, ugg 8mab moldy 5mab and /rdm 24mab hq ice staff. I'm coming out with 371.
    [(2*(41+77))*(1.37)*(1.15)] = 371 that's somehow unrealistic to me, maybe that's correct on trash mobs with no MDB trait?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Your math is fine and the damage is perfectly reasonable for QD.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by smafdi View Post
    Trying to calculate QD damage and following the formula on wiki I'm getting ridiculously high numbers. So what the hell am I doing wrong?
    Using corsair's gun 41dmg, oboron bullet 77dmg, ugg 8mab moldy 5mab and /rdm 24mab hq ice staff. I'm coming out with 371.
    [(2*(41+77))*(1.37)*(1.15)] = 371 that's somehow unrealistic to me, maybe that's correct on trash mobs with no MDB trait?
    In what way is that unrealistic for QD?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Ok, thanks guys.

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Okay, cool. I will try that when I get home.

Now for some Mythic questions:
    1) Is the "Occasionally Attacks Twice" given by Mythic AM3 50% or 40%?
    2) I seem to remember Kirschy saying it didn't play nicely with DA (applied separately rather than additively), am I remembering right?
    3) This is the most obscure question, so bonus points to anyone who gets it. -- If I'm mainhanding a Mythic and off-handing another weapon with AM3 active, does the offhand get the OAT affects of AM3?

Additionally, what are WARs eating these days? Yesterday I was a bit shocked to find that I was waaay over the cap for Yellow Curry Buns (over 500 base attack). I tried Hydra Kofte and it was good, but 28k. Where is my econo-meat that doesn't suck?
    1) From my old testing around ~45% seemed to be the correct proc rate.
    2) DA is applied separately. When I stacked it with my current DA+ gear (/war + pole grip + brutal + askar body + ares legs) and WAR roll from cor /w war in party, I wasn't getting anywhere near 100% DA rate.
    3) No clue~

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Any info on how potent and accurate the curse effect is in Jinx Discus?

And is there any kind of armor I could macro on to my dnc to make the curse effect of it more accurate/potent?

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 74 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast