Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    =^.^=
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Ok, the more info I gather, the more I think the point about 1% is BS. I'll work under that assumption. Thanks!

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Just be sure to bring meds like echos incase silence and you'll be fine.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Can Bakka be killed with MNK BLM(or whm) BRD?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by tonystigma View Post
    What's the best camp for soloing Clusters on WAR/DNC?
    page 2

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I'm looking for information on zone boss (Whichever is easiest) and the Dvergr NM Dulinn. I need information regarding the NMs necessary to pop these NMs and the strategies associated with them. Does anyone have any input? Note that my approach will either be through tells or shout since I don't have a compromising list of friends sufficient to fight these mobs otherwise.

The Spooniest of Bards
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lucian Esperance
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    I'm looking for information on zone boss (Whichever is easiest) and the Dvergr NM Dulinn. I need information regarding the NMs necessary to pop these NMs and the strategies associated with them. Does anyone have any input? Note that my approach will either be through tells or shout since I don't have a compromising list of friends sufficient to fight these mobs otherwise.
    The Fish in Misareaux is probably easiest. Takes two pops (One from the free standing frog NM [also easy] and an Orobon NM popped with an item dropped off the orobons near the waterfall. Can kill the boss a few ways, Nuke kite it (It runs slow and gravity sticks on top of that) near the boartraps is probably the easiest/lowest numbers. Frog can be killed similarly. I'm assuming the popped orobon as well. Can also straight tank it but make sure DD's stay behind it to avoid the Lamp sleep attack. Also it has charm so watch out. (Only say it once when I fought it.)

Edit: Derpderp on my part. But Zone boss or Quest boss?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Any tips for Amano trial #2 and onwards? I've been lazy with Magians (only done like 3 weapons ever) so I have no idea where the best camps are for stuff. I'm on Vermins right now, and Arcana are up next but I'm thinking Ro'Maeve for those unless it's still way crowded like it used to be. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Is there a way to cancel a WSNM quest? I tossed a Spear of Trials that I never finished but still can't get my Knuckles of Trials. Am i forced to complete Spear first before taking on a new WSNM quest? Haven't tried going to talk to the Spear quest giver yet, just simply tossed but no dice so far.

Edit: NVM one of the wsnm wiki pages says just talk to quest giver.

The Spooniest of Bards
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lucian Esperance
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Wanna say if you talk to the quest giver you can cancel it.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by fereydoon View Post
    The Fish in Misareaux is probably easiest. Takes two pops (One from the free standing frog NM [also easy] and an Orobon NM popped with an item dropped off the orobons near the waterfall. Can kill the boss a few ways, Nuke kite it (It runs slow and gravity sticks on top of that) near the boartraps is probably the easiest/lowest numbers. Frog can be killed similarly. I'm assuming the popped orobon as well. Can also straight tank it but make sure DD's stay behind it to avoid the Lamp sleep attack. Also it has charm so watch out. (Only say it once when I fought it.)

That sounds promising (Especially with gravity landing). I'm talking about whatever boss gives Lunar Abyssite. I want a second one for dual atmas!

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I have both Abyssites of Furtherance, and three of the four Abyssites of Merit, and I've noticed that the cruor buffs I gain from the NPC varies wildly. For the core stats, I've seen a bonus range of +30 to up to +60, while I've seen as high as +70% HP.

Is there anything known that affects this, or is it just random if you get more than the baseline?

Banned.

BG Level

Depends on the martello cores. If they gain/lose a certain one (idr which it is), you'll lose/gain stats. It's pretty easy to notice your hp/mp dropping up/down all the time.

The Spooniest of Bards
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lucian Esperance
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Martello cores in new areas affect a lot of things. Buffs are one of those things.

Edit: GDI rog, beaten by seconds..

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

The OaT magian great katana, I think I'm gonna go for it and want to know if I should upgrade it to max for more dmg, or keep it at the level where it has delay +20 for an easier to obtain 5hit. That said, I'm a little short of a 5-hit, using rose, rajas, brutal, and enkidus for ws. Anything quick and easy to obtain, or should I just try for some af3+1 instead to make up that last little bit I need?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

@tonystigma

Absolutely need to solo? I just take halvung staging point, and the area between staging point > bronze cast door (where wamouras pop behind of) has about 12+ clusters. Usually NIN PLD or whatever else will need them too, so teaming up is easy.

Now if you need them to yourself, then I have no idea where a solo camp is good enough.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Fievel View Post
    Can Bakka be killed with MNK BLM(or whm) BRD?
    MNK WHM BRD should be doable, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    The OaT magian great katana, I think I'm gonna go for it and want to know if I should upgrade it to max for more dmg, or keep it at the level where it has delay +20 for an easier to obtain 5hit. That said, I'm a little short of a 5-hit, using rose, rajas, brutal, and enkidus for ws. Anything quick and easy to obtain, or should I just try for some af3+1 instead to make up that last little bit I need?
    You don't lose any delay by going for higher dmg.
    edit: WS in hachiman body if you need a little more store tp to have a true 5-hit.
    Though, this varies depending on your current TP setup.... a 20.4% TP/hit setup can WS in full STR gear (rajas and brutal, obviously)
    edit over9000: I'd honestly get the SAM AF3+1 head, and the legs while you're at it... they're pretty epic for this kind of stuff

bit late, but smn smn rdm is an easy win for ASA

put leviathanx2 on one shantotto, rdm takes other one and does their best to hold it, can usually live through rage and kill the one you went for before wiping then you just kill the second when back up

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fereydoon View Post

I agree with the Orobon being the easiest, but I was under the impression that the frog resisted nukes quite a bit.
    For the frog, we do Sam + Mage. Spam cures, spam damage....nothing to it. Don't 2hr or anything. Sometimes we'd bring a bard or another mage or another DD...really it's a joke and you shouldn't have to resort to shouts...make sure shell is up and people have cruor buffs.
    The T2 Orobon can easily be solo'd by a rdm/nin in <10min without using 2hr. Just stick gravity and kite. Really, a blm/rdm should be fine too, but may be a little riskier if something goes wrong.
    The T3 Orobon I'd recommend 3, gravity/nuke.
    Both Orobons are a total joke...

As for Durinn - no idea on the Soulflayer, always got pop item from chest (make an exp party and try to get some amber lights?).
    The Dvergr (pop drops from corpselights) heals physical when it readies/uses WS, heals magic when it casts. We've done it numerous times with no trouble with sam/nin, brd, rdm. Could duo it. Need to spam erase. FWIW I always have the +hp atma and have full merit abyssites, but it seemed like a total joke.
    Imp has en-absorbbuff on its melee hits. Do it with rdm + sam easily. Seems immune to dark dispel, so a bard to dispel shit it steals is nice...It's no harder than Bakka, and quite possibly easier since it doesn't cast aga4s.
    Low HP on both.

Durinn himself is quite possibly easier than the lower tier 1. His AMs/etc get aoed. Thunderous Shriek can hit hard and gives him intimidate, but that's it. Definitely doable with rdm, brd, DD.

Obviously you can add a few more, but I see absolutely no reason why a normal <6 man group can't kill all this fine. Take dd+brd+rdm as a starting point, and if you must add people, add what covers for your group's weak points. If your DD is weaker, add 1. If the rdm is weaker, add that. Since you want Durinn atma, add some people with WSes that help with that...it really isnt hard in any case.

The Spooniest of Bards
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lucian Esperance
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

The frog might resist nukes. Whenever I kill it I go SMN(me), SMN, BLM, Whoever else wants to come. Thought I do end up having to use physical pacts on it because HS does crap damage on it. So I should have noticed that before.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast