An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Continuing the UN-corse discussion, he definitely charms when solo/duo because he just rocked me at 25% HP with that shit.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Has there been any testing as to how strong the Atma of Ambition's Movement+ is and whether it stacks w/movement+ shoes?

Quote Originally Posted by Tortalius View Post
    Has there been any testing as to how strong the Atma of Ambition's Movement+ is and whether it stacks w/movement+ shoes?
    doesn't stack with gear movement speed, but will stack with quickening. Chocobo Jig + Ambition is just broken, since it can be kept up pretty much full time, and can cover a lot of distance quickly.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    Continuing the UN-corse discussion, he definitely charms when solo/duo because he just rocked me at 25% HP with that shit.
    Well it CAN charm, it just doesn't seem to be very common, especially with the low tp feed of a solo/duo.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I've had it Charm me many times the Curse move is the least common for me, with Memento Mori by far the most.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

As a cor who is only gonna be cor when no other cors available, thus not caring about having the best gear, what's a cheap, decent QD set, that involves 0 magians.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quick and easy way to determine if a certain mob lvl range will give combat skillup? I.e. I'm 242 skill and wanna know if Robber Crabs lvl 62-66 will give me skillup? (I'm sure it will, just giving example)

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    As a cor who is only gonna be cor when no other cors available, thus not caring about having the best gear, what's a cheap, decent QD set, that involves 0 magians.
    Ele Staff/Grip/Cor Gun/Steel Bullet
    AF Hat/Navarach's Choker OR Uggy Pend/Moldy Earring/Drone Earring
    ACP Body OR AGI body of your choice (there are a few +8 iirc)/Rover's Gloves/Balrahn's Ring/AGI Ring
    there's a new agi mantle I forget about/Obi (if you have)/Nimue's Tights/w feet are cheap, any AGI feet work

Novio's earring can be used in place of drone if you have one.

Like spells, you should probably have more than one set, one for mobs that will resist hard, and one for mobs that will not.

The ideal bonuses on your ACP body would be QD-delay and MAB.

The question I came here to ask is what are the number differences between fully upgraded magian ele staves and HQ staves?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by buddha_masta View Post
    Quick and easy way to determine if a certain mob lvl range will give combat skillup? I.e. I'm 242 skill and wanna know if Robber Crabs lvl 62-66 will give me skillup? (I'm sure it will, just giving example)
    What does your weapon cap at @ 66? If it's above 242, you can get skill ups. If it's below, you will not.

Keep in mind, you will only get skill ups if your skill is below the lvl of the mob. So, if your current 242 skill is below cap @ 66, but above cap @ 62, you will only skill up on some of the crabs.

The Spooniest of Bards
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lucian Esperance
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Hosom View Post
    Ele Staff/Grip/Cor Gun/Steel Bullet
    AF Hat/Navarach's Choker OR Uggy Pend/Moldy Earring/Drone Earring
    ACP Body OR AGI body of your choice (there are a few +8 iirc)/Rover's Gloves/Balrahn's Ring/AGI Ring
    there's a new agi mantle I forget about/Obi (if you have)/Nimue's Tights/w feet are cheap, any AGI feet work

Novio's earring can be used in place of drone if you have one.

Like spells, you should probably have more than one set, one for mobs that will resist hard, and one for mobs that will not.

The ideal bonuses on your ACP body would be QD-delay and MAB.

The question I came here to ask is what are the number differences between fully upgraded magian ele staves and HQ staves?
    Denali Body is +10 if he has it, Navarch's Mantle is +7 MAcc.

And Ele staffs have affinities of 1/1 for NQ and 2/2 for HQ. Damage Magians are 5/1. So you can see it's a very big difference.

=^.^=
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

ASA final fight, my basic understanding of the fight is to rage one, wipe, kill one, rage the other, wipe, kill the other. That being said, would it be possible to trigger rage on both of them before the first wipe, or does the way that one calls the other prevent that? I'm thinking of putting DD DD Healer on each of them and trying to zerg them down into rage.

The Spooniest of Bards
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lucian Esperance
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Thalandor46 View Post
    ASA final fight, my basic understanding of the fight is to rage one, wipe, kill one, rage the other, wipe, kill the other. That being said, would it be possible to trigger rage on both of them before the first wipe, or does the way that one calls the other prevent that? I'm thinking of putting DD DD Healer on each of them and trying to zerg them down into rage.
    iirc they rage more then once. Based on HP%. But, I did that fight easily with SMN, SAMX4, WHM (Random people we found) PD zerg. Can take out blm shantotto really quick, wipe at the door if needed to take out WHM shanttoto.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

What's the best camp for soloing Clusters on WAR/DNC?

MOOSE VOUCHER
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Quote Originally Posted by fereydoon View Post
    iirc they rage more then once. Based on HP%. But, I did that fight easily with SMN, SAMX4, WHM (Random people we found) PD zerg. Can take out blm shantotto really quick, wipe at the door if needed to take out WHM shanttoto.
    They rage at multiple HP intervals (I forget which) but once they rage at say 50%, even if the regen they won't rage again at 50%

If you're not confident in your setup, then just 2hr zerg the first one with whatever you have available and do as much to the second one as you can before wiping so it can't rage as many times the next time. Really no reason to wipe twice... Or even once.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Thalandor46 View Post
    if you can do atleast 4 pets jobs and 2 buffers can do it without wiping, did it with rdm/nin 4smn and a cor. won without anying dying at all. Had rdm kite one while pets did the rest of the work. Cheap way to do it, but really easy.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

80 DRK with oclub destroys the first in about 15 seconds if you happen to have a kclub or an 80 drk. Really makes the fight a complete joke lol. I'm sure kris works fine too, just have only personally tried with oclub.

=^.^=
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Snick View Post
    They rage at multiple HP intervals (I forget which) but once they rage at say 50%, even if the regen they won't rage again at 50%

If you're not confident in your setup, then just 2hr zerg the first one with whatever you have available and do as much to the second one as you can before wiping so it can't rage as many times the next time. Really no reason to wipe twice... Or even once.
    Ok, mayhaps I should start by getting my information straight. From what I've gathered on the OtherWiki page:

-Each Shantotto can rage, and a rage will occur at some HP interval.
    -After a Shantotto has raged, they will not rage again.
    -You cannot kill a Shantotto while raged. They will stay at 1%.

This is what I based the need for wiping on. BGWiki doesn't have nearly as much information, and none of it indicates otherwise. So where am I mistaken?

Mohit

We did this fight twice recently to help LS members get it completed.

Our setup:

Pld (me), whm/blm, rdm/blm, cor, mnk, nin
    pld, whm, rdm, cor, mnk, dnc

No wipes at all and 1 death each run. First time nin. 2nd run the dnc.

basically, kill whm first. I held blm til she went to assist the whm.

when that happened, I cure spammed people that had low HP.

whm died and we worked on blm. 2hrd but we didnt use 2hr next run and it didnt change the outcome at all.

It was easy. All 85s except an 80 whm.

Also, all 7 of us got all the buffs.

MOOSE VOUCHER
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Just tough it out? They really aren't that hard. They do have a lot of HP from what I remember, so I doubt you'll ever have a problem with one staying at 1%.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 74 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast