1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 27 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 32 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 15 hours, 27 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 18 hours, 32 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
    Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Campaign Codes are region-restricted

Oh joy.
    It seems SE has moved a further step to region-block campaign codes.

If you have a campaign code from the first LE press of FFXIII, you can only use it if the code is from the same region as your SE account. At least thats whats happened to me.

I had both the NA and JP one but I thought I'd be nice and give 1 away cos I didn't have use for two of them. Gave away the NA one.

I got this message when trying to enter my JP first press FFXIII promo code to my NA (US) account.

The code's region is inapplicable.
    You can only enter codes from the same region as your Square Enix account.
    its funny too considering they didn't even do this in FFXI.
    This might mean that you can forget importing japanese goods that come with promo codes (eg like FFXI's piano collections bonus furnishing) if your region is not compatible as it might just not work.

..In any case, if anyone is stuck in the opposite situation as me, do let me know. I have a JP FFXIII first press campaign code (I believe it exchanges for Asuran Armlets or something). If you have the NA one and somehow want the JP one lemme knnow and we can do a swap...

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

This might not be related but my friend has a NA SE account linked to his NA POL account, and is getting the EU version of the game, will that cause him in any problem regarding payment or watever?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nours Sruon
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

no, SE got rid of the region check for POL on SE accounts. (the SE account itself needs to be EU else his 14 key won't work)

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

So NA SE account wont accept a EU registration code?.. darn, so he's stuck paying in Euro.. lawl.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

What if he changed his address/location to Europe?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nours Sruon
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Yeah, won't work if account type is set to Americas, he can set his country to United Kingdom to save some money but that's about it.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

It's ok I cannot register FFXIV because it says my registration code has "expired" lol wtf?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

darn, im receiving my copy tomorrow, did anyone solve this expired key with SE yet or wat ?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I submitted a ticket to SE

I read here somewhere that when it tells you that its expired it means that SE didn't add your activation code to their servers yet but I'm not sure.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Ya I have the same problem with the FFXIII asuran code, I have the EU code and gettin an NA FFXIV account, if anyones willing to trade an EU FFXIII code for NA one send me a pm.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Does anyone know if the same restrictions apply to the guest pass / trial code?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

my code has been accepted. FFXIV is now registered. However, how are we to get the in game item from having FF13 ?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Post deleted.