1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 9 hours, 54 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 14 hours, 5 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 2 hours, 54 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 7 hours, 5 minutes
+ Reply to Thread

Dengeki Games vol. 13 - Hiromichi Tanaka Interview

The newest issue of Dengeki Games has a giant 30-page starting guide for FFXIV in it, and at the top is a long interview with Hiromichi Tanaka. He compares the development and launch of FFXI with where FFXIV is now, and what kind of influences/differences there will be after release.

Some of the basic stuff we have heard a lot before, but overall it seemed like good piece with some interesting insights from Tanaka as we head up to launch day.

You can read the full interview here.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nours Sruon
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Good read but unfortunately nothing really new...

-They'll give their road map for the game until next winter soon
    -They're considering 10 hours for Bonus Skill system instead of 8

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by sruon View Post
    -They're considering 10 hours for Bonus Skill system instead of 8
    More grinding, yay

I'm kinda skeptical about the "road map", depending on when the interview took place he might mean the prelive event, which sounds quite likely?

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Now, we all agreed as developers that simply making the same thing over again would be pretty boring, so we changed the battle system by dropping auto-attack system in favor of a command-based style where you enter the same commands over and over again.
    Yo dawg, I heard you like repetition, so we put repetition *inside* yo grinding, so you can do the same thing over and over *while* you do the same thing over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    More grinding, yay

I'm kinda skeptical about the "road map", depending on when the interview took place he might mean the prelive event, which sounds quite likely?
    It's possible, considering there is no mention of the event in the interview. They don't specifically say when it took place, but these monthly magazines are usually a little behind compared with ones that come out every week.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Yeah not too much but: companies will come with SE hosted websites (not too surprising considering FFXI's eventual system)

Tanaka basically admits xiv is xi.2

He also admits his computer can't run FFXIV very well lol

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I miss you posting stuff like this on your site Elmer D: Zams down half the time I try and go on it.