1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 13 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 10 hours, 56 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 6 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 3 hours, 56 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 262 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level

I can't enter passive mode for some reason, and it wont let me attack anything. I'd log off to see if that fixes it, but can't log off when you're not in passive mode...

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

ctrlaltdel

Ridill
    BG Level

yeah, ended up X'ing out. and I'm going to stay logged out for tonight cause there's waaaay to many people on right now.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    What should you grind on at around lv 13 in Gridania? Marmots in Emerald Moss start to sucks
    You can head down towards Camp Tranquil and go after Faerie Fungaur

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    How is the damage with radiance on a melee?
    The answer is meh. It does around 60~80 dmg and gives back 5mp..

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Shadowsong

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    The answer is meh. It does around 60~80 dmg and gives back 5mp..
    Assuming it hits.

I've been using Damnation on THM (which is the same-level equivalent) and even with 50 piety I'm missing Phantom Darts and Damnations at a ratio of about 50%. And I'm wearing 2x +2 M.Acc rings too.

That being said, at THM12, my Damnation is hitting for between 120 and 230 damage on a regular basis.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kargath

Unable to claim mobnamehere. Party leader is in a different area
    Oh you can still fight the monster you attacked, but you wont get xp/skill/items if your party leader is somewhere else.

So where are the rank 20 weaver local leves? I can not find that list of where the local leves are for particular levels are at. Does anyone remember?

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by ascalon View Post
    Assuming it hits.

I've been using Damnation on THM (which is the same-level equivalent) and even with 50 piety I'm missing Phantom Darts and Damnations at a ratio of about 50%. And I'm wearing 2x +2 M.Acc rings too.

That being said, at THM12, my Damnation is hitting for between 120 and 230 damage on a regular basis.
    That's because tp moves are physical accuracy.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

^ So its somehow smart to make a mage's tp moves physical, thus forcing the mage to rely on physical accuracy, keeping in mind that mage gear typically doesn't have physical accuracy-boosting stats, given that mage gear, is in fact, made for mages?

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I think Magic Accuracy only counts for actions that cost MP-only (aka: "spells"). Any additional cost of TP indicates that it's a "Weaponskill," requiring Physical Accuracy.

edit: After a little bit of testing, and so it's in more than one spot as a lot of people were unsure of them~

Asuran Armguards' hidden effect:

Discipline of War: Rank 1-10 = Attack +3 (does not scale)
    Discipline of Magic: Rank 1-10 = Magic Potency +3 (does not scale)
    Discipline of the Land: Rank 1-10 = Gathering +6-12 (scales)
    Discipline of the Hand: Rank 1-10 = Craftsmanship +6-12 (scales)

The effect disappears at Rank-11. Physical Level does not matter.

Summary: The best gloves for all classes Ranks 1 through 10, after which they become crap compared to anything else you can buy.

Is it true that Onion Helm's half-duration weakness stops after Rank-10 as well? I'm assuming Garlond Goggles are probably going to work similarly.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Just had a great party killing goats and then we ran into the whole problem of not actually gaining the skill up points that were shown during battle. Tried to log out and log in, but it then became random afterwards whether we were actually getting the points or not. Anyone found a way to fix? Did beta have this problem too?

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

where can i get a massive amount of wind crystals? i have so many fking gems to cut, and i couldn't find a mob in UlDah to give them, bees in Gridania dropped very infrequently (seemed to favor lightning) and Puks are camped out the ass in LL

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Muay View Post
    Just had a great party killing goats and then we ran into the whole problem of not actually gaining the skill up points that were shown during battle. Tried to log out and log in, but it then became random afterwards whether we were actually getting the points or not. Anyone found a way to fix? Did beta have this problem too?
    I hadn't run into this until today... I was burning through a bunch of stupid moles in a cave, really close to ranking-up. Every 3-4 kills, I wouldn't get a message about total skill/exp at all. I kept killing, wondering when the hell I was going to rank-up. I checked my rank and I already did. The rank-up message had got lost along with one of the skill/exp messages, making me believe that I was actually getting the points regardless of whether they show up after the kill or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    where can i get a massive amount of wind crystals? i have so many fking gems to cut, and i couldn't find a mob in UlDah to give them, bees in Gridania dropped very infrequently (seemed to favor lightning) and Puks are camped out the ass in LL
    Git yerself a fishin rod and pump up yer wind affinity, homie. Actually, what rank melee/mage are you? I might know a secret spot if you're high enough. For real though, Fishing with appropriate affinity is the easiest (though a little slow sometimes) way to get the element aetheryte you're looking for.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    I hadn't run into this until today... I was burning through a bunch of stupid moles in a cave, really close to ranking-up. Every 3-4 kills, I wouldn't get a message about total skill/exp at all. I kept killing, wondering when the hell I was going to rank-up. I checked my rank and I already did. The rank-up message had got lost along with one of the skill/exp messages, making me believe that I was actually getting the points regardless of whether they show up after the kill or not.
    We were trying the same thing. After a fight, we'd all check out rank exp, and half of us would actually gain it, and half wouldn't. There was no rhyme or reason. It kept rotating as to who wouldn't gain. We would double check before and after fights and were able to verify that we didn't gain them. Pretty frustrating to say the least.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Its been there since Alpha.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    Git yerself a fishin rod and pump up yer wind affinity, homie. Actually, what rank melee/mage are you? I might know a secret spot if you're high enough. For real though, Fishing with appropriate affinity is the easiest (though a little slow sometimes) way to get the element aetheryte you're looking for.
    Yes, I know Mine/Fish/Botany give the most shards. I've never dug up a crystal while mining, though, only shards. And I'm 12 conj / 15 phys with a boatload of Fire affinity for the massive amount I need for ingot synths!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Shit, hurrrrr~

I'm so used to people saying crystals when they mean shards...

I've got some crystals from fishing, though I'm afraid it may have been from significantly higher-rank stuff... Grade-3 or so waters, and somewhat rare... and my affinity was like 80~90+
    Well, there's a shit ton of Syrphid Swarms up in the very northern area of Western Thanalan, I farmed a ton of wind from them in Open Beta. Mostly along the northern edge of the zone and in that dead-end that looks like it will eventually be a zone-line north.

Ok i posted this on another thread but some people harped on me.

This is a photoshop that i made. It's merely a representation of what the inventory should look like, since the current inventory has no sorting and is so hard to navigate.

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/1...ytheeffnot.jpg

If you're reading this Square, take note.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 262 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast