1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 1 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 8 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 1 hours, 1 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 262 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Shadowsong

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    That's because tp moves are physical accuracy.
    So why does Dex not affect them then?

I just reset my points because with 40 dex, I still wasn't hitting squat half the time. Pumped it into PIE so I could at least land spells, and whaddya know, I still can't land them with any real regularity.

Should I ignore my hp and mp pools when mobs can kill me in 3 hits with their tp moves and I have to spam cure?

Should I ignore my int so spells actually do damage?

There is simply no way I can prioritise any stat to make my experience smoother. Mages should not have to rely on physical stats.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

At least mages have greater survivability straight up compared to Lancer and Archer, probs other DoW too

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Shadowsong

Quote Originally Posted by Johndile View Post
    At least mages have greater survivability straight up compared to Lancer and Archer, probs other DoW too
    I'm of the opinion that EVERYONE should level PUG to 6 first for Second Wind. Having a tp-fuelled heal on a 60-75 second cool down is a wonderful boost to your survivability, as well as allowing your THMs and CNJs to actually cast a few nukes in-between heal spam xD

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Muay View Post
    We were trying the same thing. After a fight, we'd all check out rank exp, and half of us would actually gain it, and half wouldn't. There was no rhyme or reason. It kept rotating as to who wouldn't gain. We would double check before and after fights and were able to verify that we didn't gain them. Pretty frustrating to say the least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Its been there since Alpha.
    Is this the "Dot/Spike" kill bug that was in alpha? or is it just the random "no skill ups" bug that forced a lot of players to login and out repeatedly during alpha/beta?

I have seen this a few times lately and I have been working with a Thauma/Conj and just assumed Poison or Bio or Shock Spikes had killed the monster.

The worse bug is some monsters, moles in particular, will reset sometimes repeatedly. This both lets them start to regen health but it also resets your skill gains on the monster. Coding on skill gain really needs to be fixed. Things would be "ok" if you just gained the skill as you "earn" it and not relying on monster death. Well not "ok" but it sure would solve a number of problems with the system without forcing SE to rethink the entire thing. Which is what they really should do.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

The random "no skill ups" bug.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    Well, there's a shit ton of Syrphid Swarms up in the very northern area of Western Thanalan, I farmed a ton of wind from them in Open Beta. Mostly along the northern edge of the zone and in that dead-end that looks like it will eventually be a zone-line north.
    What level can you kill those?

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    What level can you kill those?
    If they are the same level as the ones in La Noscea, they con green-yellow @ 12.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by ascalon View Post
    So why does Dex not affect them then?

I just reset my points because with 40 dex, I still wasn't hitting squat half the time. Pumped it into PIE so I could at least land spells, and whaddya know, I still can't land them with any real regularity.
    Stats aren't the same as XI, I know 40 dex sounds like a lot... but amount that translates into accuracy probably isn't very much. Regardless, this is a non issue once you get Absorb ACC in a few more levels. It helps a lot.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Anyone know how to recharge the points you spend to invoke a guardian?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Over time, every tenth hour (irl) you get 10 points, so use favor points wisely.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    where can i get a massive amount of wind crystals? i have so many fking gems to cut, and i couldn't find a mob in UlDah to give them, bees in Gridania dropped very infrequently (seemed to favor lightning) and Puks are camped out the ass in LL
    You could try trading other crystals for wind crystals. I've been having a fairly decent time trading away hundreds of shards of types I don't need for wind/fire shards.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

SE account related; Is there any way to get a refund on Crysta? I bought 2000 and don't want to play anymore. lol

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nours Sruon
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Nope, that's written in like the third line you read when accepting ToS.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by sruon View Post
    Nope, that's written in like the third line you read when accepting ToS.
    Lame. It really is clever of them to make you pay for the account even though you get a "free" 30-days. Hopefully they spend it on fixing all the problems in that beta, and not on red Ferraris.

I should have canceled my pre-order.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nours Sruon
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

You didn't have to pay lol

I'm playing with 0 crysta

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

How? It wouldn't let me create a character without first buying crysta...

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by zeal5050 View Post
    Lame. It really is clever of them to make you pay for the account even though you get a "free" 30-days. Hopefully they spend it on fixing all the problems in that beta, and not on red Ferraris.

I should have canceled my pre-order.
    I've no idea how crysta works, but you could probably save them for the next few months after the first or second major update.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nours Sruon
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by zeal5050 View Post
    How? It wouldn't let me create a character without first buying crysta...
    Dunno, I registred FFXIV Code, it asked me what payment method I want to use, picked Crysta and then it gave me a screen with like "1300 Crysta Fee - 1300 Trial Discount" and it worked fine.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    I think Magic Accuracy only counts for actions that cost MP-only (aka: "spells"). Any additional cost of TP indicates that it's a "Weaponskill," requiring Physical Accuracy.

edit: After a little bit of testing, and so it's in more than one spot as a lot of people were unsure of them~

Asuran Armguards' hidden effect:

Discipline of War: Rank 1-10 = Attack +3 (does not scale)
    Discipline of Magic: Rank 1-10 = Magic Potency +3 (does not scale)
    Discipline of the Land: Rank 1-10 = Gathering +6-12 (scales)
    Discipline of the Hand: Rank 1-10 = Craftsmanship +6-12 (scales)

The effect disappears at Rank-11. Physical Level does not matter.

Summary: The best gloves for all classes Ranks 1 through 10, after which they become crap compared to anything else you can buy.

Is it true that Onion Helm's half-duration weakness stops after Rank-10 as well? I'm assuming Garlond Goggles are probably going to work similarly.

I confirm I am lv 13 and my Weakness is 3minute with the Helm on (wore it before I died)

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

What the hell, I never received any such dialog. That makes me even more pissed. Could it be any more complicated for our money to find it's way to this backwards company?!

I can honestly say I have made thousands of online transactions in the past from a variety of online retailers and never has it been this confusing and difficult. It makes me wish they had used PlayOnline, and that is just sad on so many levels.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 262 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast