1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 25 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 34 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 1 hours, 25 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 8 hours, 34 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 8 of 262 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast
    Black Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amiricle Mihgo
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    So is there a shield glitch of something?

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/2614/shieldm.jpg

Guard doesnt appear under the shield abilities, so I had to use a macro to change it's position to 3, but that guard doesnt work, and only number 6 does. Whenever I equip a shield it puts guard in any open slot, and I cant move it. I want it in 3, and nothing I do can move it. It acts like any other level 1 ability in that it cant be removed (but can be moved), it has to be somewhere on your pallet, but I cant even move it since there is no guard ability to select under shield.

Whats the deal? Anyone else having this issue?

I got shield to level 2 thinking that might fix it, but nope.
    Can also move it with a bit of juggling. Equip an ability to where you want gaurd to go, then equip that same ability to the slot guard is in. They will swap positions.

There are false prophets among us,
    who bring in damnable heresies,
    and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

Quote Originally Posted by Jinfire View Post
    I still dont get how people are leveling up, at a decent enough rate to even hit Surplus. I been playing since CE release, I requested the weekend off and been on pretty much nonstop. Im only leveling Conj(12) as far as DoW/DoM goes, and I have Carpenter(9) Weaver(10) Leatherworking(7) Alch(6) Botany(10).

Anyway my point is, I just fought a VT (Yellow) Dodo and did not get ANY class skill. I just did 5 leves, 1 solo 4 duo'ed and only got 2.5k class skill. I just cant find anything tougher then a dodo (that doesnt 1 shot me) to give me better class skillups. I dont understand how people are grinding, cause nothing gives me decent skillups that can be found at a decent rate. I cant find green con mobs and even if I do they are improperly con'ed and die too quick.

The 3 things that have me baffled in this game is leveling up (guildleves are shitty and dont help at all, good cash flow though) Lack of anytype of AH / Market ward search function, and crafting (I have such a terrible time crafting, its painful to craft which I assume its because I dont have craftmanship + or control + gear, which would be fixed if the markets had a search)
    First of all, don't try to fight harder stuff to get skill. Fighting things too high above you makes getting skill extremely rare, its something in the system to prevent you from getting PL'd I guess. You get your best skill ups off low Blue to Greens.

Secondly, Leves are your best way to get skill. Get Guardian's favor and spam Spirit darts on shit, or even better, spam Sacrifice on a group of people. The more the better. Each application of the heal gives you a chance to get skill ups, then each application of the Regen buff another chance. Party with a group of 5 people and you have 10 chances per cast to get skill ups. With Guardian's favor you're looking at 200ish skill a proc. Don't bother with Cure, Sacrifice is hax in groups.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Do AoE heals generate more enmity?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Whats a good way to level shield? Just keep shield up on a blue / green mob?

Or just try and always keep it up while u grind?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

@crystal shortages

It sounds like wind crystals are the hardest to get this round. For all who don't know, there's an alchemy synth that converts shards to crystals. It needs a sand that's obtained by cooking fish I believe.

@class quests

Anyone found em yet?

@parlay

Anyone have info on it? I saw a SS showing it in game but didn't hear more deets.

@faction leves

How are the faction point rewards looking further on? Right now 50 level battleleves = 1 faction which is just...ugh

Lyramion's better half
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hopefulki Nozomi
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by el_tio View Post
    @class quests

Anyone found em yet?

@parlay

Anyone have info on it? I saw a SS showing it in game but didn't hear more deets.

@faction leves

How are the faction point rewards looking further on? Right now 50 level battleleves = 1 faction which is just...ugh
    Class Quests: http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/99138-Class-Quests

Faction: As long as you keep up with your leaves, it will come within a week. I am at 63, 24, 72 with my 3 factions so within a few days Faction leaves will be available, I assume you'll be near those numbers.

Parle: I tried it, did it with 2 different NPCs - one in Uldah one in Limsa (iirc), seemed fun but they were tutorials so you needed a Tin ore to start it but you won a Tin ore. I assume later on you'll give item A to start for a chance at a better item B. There are bricks on the parle surface and you have to choose bricks to "talk" to your partner about. This talking fills a gauge to the left, once it is full you win (once the turns finish, if you fill the gauge on turn #2, you still need to get to turn #4 to end it - and stay w/ a filled gauge).

Extra points for bricks side by side. Example: If there are 2 "Talk about Archery" bricks next to each other, you'll get bonus points for talking about that.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

So my game will arrive today. I've already registered Click and Pay. After I register my codes, what do I do next? I want to get in the game as quick as possible.

I need to unsubscribe from FFXI after I create my character too lol. What's the latest day I can do that without getting billed for October?

Pelvic Thruster
    BG Level

Boy I feel like I dope for spending time leveling the mage jobs solo...

What do y'all think S-E is going to do about the level 30s after maintenance? Lower the levels of people way back down to where they should be? Ban them? Let it go? I will not be happy if they just let it go...

Black Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amiricle Mihgo
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Amiricle View Post
    Can also move it with a bit of juggling. Equip an ability to where you want gaurd to go, then equip that same ability to the slot guard is in. They will swap positions.
    Another tip if changing classes from one without shield to one with using macros. Use the line before you have the /equip shield to unequip the ability slot you want guard to appear in (guard is auto-added to the lowest available slot when a shield is equipped). Empty quotes will unequip the slot. Say you wanted it in action slot 3:
    /equip main "Bronze Sword"
    /eaction 3 ""
    /equip sub "Bronze Buckler"

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cureslime View Post
    Boy I feel like I dope for spending time leveling the mage jobs solo...

What do y'all think S-E is going to do about the level 30s after maintenance? Lower the levels of people way back down to where they should be? Ban them? Let it go? I will not be happy if they just let it go...

It would be easy to spot and determine who was exploiting considering the game keeps tally on how many monsters a player has killed.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I hate to bring it up, I assume they are fixing it now, and I hope everyone who abused it gets their shit banned... but how did it work? I don't care to sift through that hellhole of a hentai anti-SE journalistic joke site.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Edit. Oh nevermind, found the shit I was looking for.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Daggerspine

Yeah i saw a few people using the exploit. It's not really fair for other classes. Hope something is done to level it out.

Pelvic Thruster
    BG Level

1. Get a big group of conjurers/thaums together
    2. Start a leve and get aspect
    3. AOE each other indefinitely. Each AOE "hit" on a party member has the chance to generate skill points
    4. ???
    5. Level 50

This is gamebreaking. I want a rollback of all mage jobs to level 20, their fatigue set to red, and a statement by S-E that says "sorry there was a bug with the fatigue system, it's fixed now." Problem solved. I really hope they don't let it go.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Cureslime View Post
    1. Get a big group of conjurers/thaums together
    2. Start a leve and get aspect
    3. AOE each other indefinitely. Each AOE "hit" on a party member has the chance to generate skill points
    4. ???
    5. Level 50

This is gamebreaking. I want a rollback of all mage jobs to level 20, their fatigue set to red, and a statement by S-E that says "sorry there was a bug with the fatigue system, it's fixed now." Problem solved. I really hope they don't let it go.
    Dunno how I missed that but holy shit that sucks. And apparently discovered by japanese people? I've got nothing against JPs but lol, that's so JP button.

Wonder if SE will actually do anything.. At least if it would be for EU/NA players we'd probably get banned for abusing shit like that.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Doubt they do either a rollback or even ban anyone (need the money from their customers for now). Not even sure if this emergency maint is to fix, but i would be happy if it at least was.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

I doubt SE will ban them, but there's no reason they shouldn't roll back their characters. After all, SE has set an EXP cap (surplus), so they can justify setting their EXP to the highest surplus cap that could be reached since launch. If I were the developer in charge I'd roll the fuckers back to rank 1.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    If I were the developer in charge I'd roll the fuckers back to rank 1.
    hahaha, thats a good one and 100% agreed

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Regarding a Skill Point Gain Issue
    We have confirmed an issue where players may be able to obtain abnormal amount of skill points while fighting in a party as Conjurer or Thaumaturge. The issue is currently being addressed.

Also we would like to remind that repeating this method intentionally to obtain abnormal amount of skill point is considered as fraudulent behavior. With players who have abused this method, an investigation shall be made and their account may be suspended in case we determine it to be malignant. The investigation is expected to take a while until the completion. For those of you who have abused this method, please report yourself through GM Call. By reporting yourself in, GM will correct the amount of skill point you have gained and the penalty to your account will be exempted.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Where are you getting that? I don't see it on the Lodestone.
    Not a bad solution, anyone who wants to keep their account will report themselves.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 262 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast