1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 25 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 34 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 17 hours, 25 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 16 hours, 34 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mife View Post
    Thing i dont get i hit 14 Smithing and got into surplus on craft mode even tho i switch jobs all the time.... How am i supposed to LV up crafting any if in surplus and also how the fuck can i craft something when its required lv says 11... But at LV 14 i break everytime (mainly Parts) lol....
    Well, you're higher rank smithing than I am cloth so you probably know more than me but I find getting support at the guild helps reduce the breaks. Master Support really helps when a synth is a few levels below my current level but the synth requires "special training" or "special accommodations." Until I hit lvl 20 I have decided to do most of my local leves for cloth in Ul'dah instead of Gridania where I am from. Getting the guild support just makes it so much easier to maximize exp gain form leves. I don't want a single break when I am crafting for a leve.

Quote Originally Posted by Vuitton View Post

Ash Saw Grip on the Lodestone is halfway down the page, but YG says its rank 11. I am thinking its more like rank 15, and all of the rank 15 synths are especially difficult to synth until you get an upgraded tool. Which I know sounds ass backwards because you can't get your tool until you make this synth.
    I did it consistently at 13 with brass Alembic and full crafting+ armor .

You gotta remember that since we're not using proper gear or proper tools(due to availability) that every synth is currently significantly more difficult than it would be otherwise.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It's pretty much impossible to hit surplus if youre playing the game as its intended to be played. (Levelling all classes a little for abilities, crafting, etc)

If youve hit surplus, youre probably lacking on abilities, or you have a crapload of time, thats impressive.

But anyways, I'm at work, I looked up bronze chainmail again. It's optimal rank 13.

Then Bronze Haubergeon is optical rank 27, but the ingredients are the same as bronze chainmail but without the hard to find dyes or the hempen tabard, so essentially it's 10x easier. Odd.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Does using Master's Clothshop etc for synths listed as Common Clothshop actually lower success rate (in relation to using Common Clothshop)?

SE removed the logic that said if you succeed and hit 100% progress, you can't hit 0 durability. And it's really pissing me off now. Happened 3 times already today so far.

edit: 5 times, failed 3 leves because of it

Crafting is utter bullshit.

Arm10/Blk10/Lthr10/Alch10/Min7

Got all of those leveled up so I can make 2 pieces of gear.

Sheep skin harness (Taupe): Got Lth to 10 to make sheep leather and straps, went to gridania to get the flax, the bugs and I made the dye.

Now I need the damn buckle and I can't for the life of me make the dyed skin and I keep breaking it at freaking 0%!

Bronze Hoplon: Bronze based materials are effing terrible to make and keep breaking.

I've yet to get either items for my gladiator, and I'm getting pretty fed up.

If people starting gimping it in level 1 gear to god knows how long, this is why.
    Everything costs too much since its a freaking pain to make and even if you decide to man up and craft it yourself you'll go through HELL just to find a road block stopping you from getting your crap made.

Level 11 Gladiator with in level one gear and not enough money to pay for the ridiculous prices NPCs and crafters charge is pissing me off.

God! I want to punch sage sundi and that other douchebag on the mouth.

Alchemy is the only craft that is broken, I got level 10 just by making Distilled water from muddy water and a fire shard, and I'm still getting 170+ exp a pop.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I dunno, maybe its just me. But it seems that SE expects DoW, DoM, DoL and DoH to be your main job. Like, if you want to craft, you can't just do one craft, you pretty much HAVE to do them all because of the synergy between them. If you want to level Marauder or whatever you have to level ALL the DoW jobs to get all the good abilities and what not. Blows for those of us that want to play a little bit of everything. But it's an interesting system I guess.

I think once there are a good number of higher level crafters/gatherers and the supply lines are better established all this "omg I can't find x ingredient anywhere" stuff should clear up a bit. Games only been out a week after all. Think it's just some growing pains so to speak. Blows now but later on there will be so many ingredients that other crafters need to have crafted for them, weapons fixed, ingredients for fixing weapons, and actually making the various gears that it should actually work out quite well from a market standpoint. We hopefully won't end up with FFXI crafting market where each craft only had a very limited number of profitable synths it could do and not lose money (with or without HQ)

/obligatory still needs market ward search function/AH statement

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

I've seen people get the taupe bugs pretty frequently from the botany points around Camp Tranquil in the Black Shroud.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I think I got taupe bugs from that stream outside gridania a bit east of the chocobo+npc.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shen Anigans
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Battlecat View Post
    I dunno, maybe its just me. But it seems that SE expects DoW, DoM, DoL and DoH to be your main job. Like, if you want to craft, you can't just do one craft, you pretty much HAVE to do them all because of the synergy between them.
    No, this is a social game. What SE wants is you to make friends with other crafters and help each other out. If you are in a good linkshell with other crafters, you have no problems making armor because everyone makes their bit for the final combine.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Kyroc View Post
    No, this is a social game. What SE wants is you to make friends with other crafters and help each other out. If you are in a good linkshell with other crafters, you have no problems making armor because everyone makes their bit for the final combine.
    And who gets the final combine? Who gets the profits? If were selling materials to each other, how much are we selling them for?

Oh, that's right. There's absolutely no economic standard, nor is there any way to set one. You can call this game "social" all you want but the entire system is fucking retarded right now.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Tanthalass View Post
    And who gets the final combine? Who gets the profits? If were selling materials to each other, how much are we selling them for?

Oh, that's right. There's absolutely no economic standard, nor is there any way to set one. You can call this game "social" all you want but the entire system is fucking retarded right now.
    Create the standard inside your ls.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanthalass View Post

Uh...it's really fucking easy.

They make you mats at what it costs them, you make them mats at what it costs you.

With your combined effort you can concentrate on your true goal: Violating your customers.

Taupe Bugs can be got from Limsa from quarrying, or from gridania like others have said from quarrying too.

This is the best route a friend and i use, by the time you have gone to all 3, they will have reset.

http://i55.tinypic.com/2nk0tu.jpg

Flax drops from the fireflies, roselings or from the ladybugs, a friend and i are often farming or stopping to kill these mobs just because the price of flax from an npc is fucking retarded.

I made the taupe leather at level 9 leatherworking? how are you doing the crafting because seems strange for you to have failed at 0% really...

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

slightly OT question: what rank of weaver is realistic minimum for starting with cotton stuffs? I'm at 15 and i fail making cotton cloth, even with best guild buff. Maybe bronze needle +1 is not good enough? Havent seen any Hedgemole Needles yet tho

Taupe bugs + Sheepskin + willow chips.

Standard. Fail you lose 29 points.
    Orb is still white
    Standard. fails again, lose 29 points.
    Orb is still pure white.
    Standard. Fails for the 3rd time. lose 29 points
    Orb went yellow, I'm still @0% and only have 13 D points.
    Rapid. Fail lose 13 botch @0%.

I don't have a clue whats up with that, maybe I need a better head knife? or go get the guild support or what?

So far I'm stuck and I'm just making straps over and over @ 179exp to get to rank15 or something before I try again.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Get the level 7 knife and common tannery support. I am pretty sure I make colored sheep leather 4/5 times since I have a crapload of it (just made several bronze chainmails). Just be really conservative about it and synth in white/yellow only.

Don't use standard, just rapid spam, at worse with rapid you will critical fail and lose 13 progress, a standard critical can net you a loss of around 30, i only rapid spam on a synth i know will be close to me failing, it is a lot more boring but it works around 90% of the time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast