1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 14 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 9 hours, 22 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 7 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 2 hours, 22 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 76 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by loyaltrekie View Post
    That's really because 50k really isn't much - I've done no external grinding(save but for an hour or two) and have done nothing but leves as they are avaliable and I'm sitting on 950,233 gil right now <_<
    How much crafting have you done? o_O Are is that money JUST from leves. Are you doing leves in groups cuz...shit my leves only give me 4k-6k-ish. Then again im at rank 10 so im guessing it hops up more at 20?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    How much crafting have you done? o_O Are is that money JUST from leves. Are you doing leves in groups cuz...shit my leves only give me 4k-6k-ish. Then again im at rank 10 so im guessing it hops up more at 20?
    Yea, the increase goes up by quite a lot - and I do help out with leves, I forgot to add that in there, that's my mistake. With the economy being unstable you can make a lot of money off of certain materials and especially crystals(unless of course you are crafting). I got pretty lucky and sold some of the goldsmith and blacksmith lvl 7-15 weapons for around 50k each as well. If you play with a group of people(in duo or trio format) and do the maximum number of leves per day(especially if someone is able to get a tier higher then someone else(the 20's instead of 10's for instance) you can make an obnoxious amount of money.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

i wasnt having any crafting issues but someone in my linkshell was, so glad to hear it was just having issues. i was actually having more successes and passing my rank 15 leves at rank 15 with level 1 tools so was happy, heh

A version update of FINAL FANTASY XIV was performed at the following time.

[Date & Time]
    Sep. 30, 2010 at 20:00 (GMT)

[Affected Service]
    -FINAL FANTASY XIV

[Important Update Details]

* Updates pertaining to synthesis are as follows:
    -Fixed an issue where synthesis was prone to failure due to the effects of basic synthesis actions (such as "Standard," "Rapid," and "Bold") not working correctly.
    -As a result of an adjustment made to the basic synthesis actions, using "Rapid" commands will incur a higher loss of durability and using "Standard" commands will incur a lower loss of durability.

- Fixed an issue preventing players from exchanging /tells and other chat commands.

Time to standard spam, and can we now talk to people whilst crafting.

Rapid is now worthless and risky like standard was before

Scrap that, both are as shit as each other and crafting is harder to succeed

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

So... anyone want to test crafting to see if it's actually fixed? >.> Yes, I'm paranoid now.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Oh Rapid, what have they done to you?

Standard was always good to me, and now still will be.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Success rate per attempt is definitely a lot better now, but yes, poor rapid synth

Haha this is hilarious, everyone around me is just sitting there failing their synths. Standard isn't even has good as it used to be and even when you succeed you can lose 15 durability. Rapid can now critically fail like standard used too. I dont even dare try bold to see how they broke that.

In short crafting just became a shit ton harder to actually create items in an already random system no one knew nothing about.

they really want us to play naked it looks like

I've just seen a few shouts saying SE screwed over crafters.

New Odin
    BG Level

Lol. I've been doing absolutely fine so far. Before I was failing left and right. Now I have spare durability for some bold action.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by MrSamuels View Post
    Haha this is hilarious, everyone around me is just sitting there failing their synths. Standard isn't even has good as it used to be and even when you succeed you can lose 15 durability. Rapid can now critically fail like standard used too. I dont even dare try bold to see how they broke that.

In short crafting just became a shit ton harder to actually create items in an already random system no one knew nothing about.

people are probably failing for either

a. still using rapid like mad
    b. read the update and switched to standard but are trying to make things over their lvl

I think they did this because they didn't want people spamming rapid and succeeding with it on skills higher than them.

however they just basically made rabid completely useless aside from being a "what do I have to lose" type situations.

Standard all the way now bay-bah
    tt

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

So they basically slowed crafting down a little bit then? Rapid was pumping out +30% progress/-3 durability for me most times. Standard sucked before. Working as intended now?

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

NO Standard still sucks the same and now rapid sucks harder
    Standard nest ~9-19 durability loss EVEN ON SUCCESS
    Just forget Rapid, I failed making a copper barbut twice and I am lvl 12 armorer

just failed a synth where i was at 90% completion and 50 durability because i did standard 2 times in a row and lost 25 durability each whilst gaining 3% completion.

Great system

Vuitton

Quote Originally Posted by MrSamuels View Post
    just failed a synth where i was at 90% completion and 50 durability because i did standard 2 times in a row and lost 25 durability each whilst gaining 3% completion.

Great system
    That sounds par for the course. Before this update rank 15 and 20 crafting leves always screwed me over with huge durability losses even on successes. I would lose 10-15 durability on a standard success, and 15-25 on a standard fail. This is in full craft gear (cotton gown, ect) and an up-to-date tool (Brass Alembic). This is with the Master laboratory.

Needless to say, I fail most of my rank 15 and 20 craft leves even though I am rank 20 with appropriate gear. Only way to improve my gear, possibly, is to get an Iron Alembic, which is 2 ranks above me currently (rank 22 tool).

A sign of "patches" and "updates" to come lol, fucking a system that's already slow and cumbersome, but now with the added level of frustration that goes beyond the norm.

FYI crafting is easier now. Doing rank 15 leves at rank 13.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I think they fixed bold... on weaver I'm getting a lot more 30-60 quality synths. In fact, I just finished my first item with only bold synthesis, got over 500 quality...

but at the same time I think they nerfed the skill gain. I normally get 200 with hempen yarn synths, getting 60-70 now =/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 76 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast