1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 36 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 16 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -7 hours, -24 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 76 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Crafting specific question thread. Moar undyed canvas.

Hey guys. I'm a Miner, Armorer, and a Goldsmith.

I'm trying to upgrade my Armorer weapon, and it's been 2 days of no luck.

Bronze Nuggets require a blacksmith
    The Ash grip requires a lv. 8+ Carpenter
    The Head requires an 11+ Blacksmith
    The Synth itself requires an 11+ Blacksmith
    So do the Nails.

So do I basically need to travel around the world looking for willing crafters all to make a better hammer so i can craft more? Cause I've looked through every bazaar in Limsa and nobody sells Ash lumber, not even the logs. Even if I got the log, Carpenters are rare here.

What's the deal? should making a low level beginner weapon take days? What am I doing wrong?

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Search the wards or head to the BS guild and buy the ash grip, then find a BS around level 13+ and have them make the head and synth.

In short - a lot of walking and a lot of praying. Welcome to FFXIV in a nutshell.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

you could probably get to 11 Blacksmith yourself before you find anything useful in a market ward

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Shadowsong

I kinda get the feeling that somebody looked at all the synergy between crafts and said, "This is an awesome idea!" without really looking at the actual numbers and testing it for any real length of time.

Don't get me wrong, the synergy for crafting IS an awesome idea. It will promote a great deal of sharing across the community and hopefully will promote interaction between crafters.

But as much of my feedback went throughout beta, the numbers are wrong. The early crafts are too complex and the numbers don't match up. I'm sure I read something the other day that one of the rank 7 items requires a rank 17 synth. That's just daft design promoting a higgeldy piggeldy progression system.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Check out all the leatherworking foot recipes. Level 20+ requirements for gear ranging from level 4-9. I know SE fully intends people to revisit low levels on other jobs, but honestly, unless they're introducing a lot of new jobs, most people are rushing right out of the gate and getting tons of DoW jobs to 10 for abilities anyway.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The complexity would be fine if there was a way to regulate prices.

The regular price I'm seeing in bazaars for copper ore is around 200g, i got a few tins for 80g which was a great deal I think.

I've never seen an ash log in a bazaar for under 15000g. and it's fairly common on level 1 trees.

Absurd. They really do need some type of an AH system or a way to mass search every bazaar in the area at one time.

I spent 8 hours today to make a level 12 Armorer tool thatll only last me a few levels.

I needed to buy a hatchet and find an ash log, get that turned to lumber, get that turned into the hand guard, then i had to get a blacksmith to turn my mats into bronze nuggets, another blacksmith to make some into the hammer head, then I had to make the nails, then find a blacksmith to make the item for me.

If there was a mass easy purchase system, it would have cut hours off that.

That, and the delay between every action, slow scrolling through menus, delays, this could have easily been downed from an 8 hour adventure to a more realistic hour adventure.

I hate to be handed shit, but 8 hours just to make a tool so I can make stuff?

A little too much

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I hate to ask but have you shouted at all for any of this stuff? One thing I'm surprised about is people are afraid to do this. My friends and I are kinda doing a crafting ls thing and we shout all the time to sell our wares, and we shout whenever there's something we need and can't have.

It's a hassle, but I find there's a better response shouting for an item than trying to run around the wards looking for things.

I don't get why you're not leveling Smithing yourself...

You need it for Armorer, like it or not. That's the way this game is designed, classes are interdependent upon each other. Just like War & Magic classes need to get multiple skill sets, so do crafters & gatherers. So yeah I would definitely get cracking on Blacksmith , Carpenter and quite probably Tanner as well as I'm sure at some point you'll need hides. Plus some synths may require these as sub skills.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm already levelling Marauder, Pug, Gladiator, Conj, Lancer for physical abilities, I was hoping to just do Gold and Arm, but I guess I really do have to level absolutely everything in the game.

Sigh. I like the game, I just think it's kind of nice not to just do everything yourself, I like having to rely on other people too. it'd work if they just made some organized easier way to sell/buy/find what you need.

I know theyre trying to make everyone different with customizability, but with how it is right now, everyone will be the exact same anyways, theyll have absolutely everything levelled cause you hit a brick wall if you don't.

I wouldnt mind asking a blacksmith to do a few synths for me, but the lag is pretty bad, I hate to waste like 5 minutes of their time just to get something.

And yeah, I've shouted, never gotten a reply ever, seems people are dead silent

Vuitton

The trouble with leveling another crafting job because the one you want to level needs things from it, is that the other craft needs thing from another job. You can't realistically level up all the jobs.

So armorer needs blacksmith for stuff. But it also needs goldsmiths to provide brass nuggets which creates the brass rivets used to make the copper alembic for alchemist. The same brass nuggets are used to create the brass plates to create the brass alembic.

Its a headache.

Armorers on Lindblum: please contact me I need a brass alembic. My 17 alchemist begs you.

._.

Chevalier Vuitton

Edit:

Another example that I am sure a lot of servers are feeling.

Rubber Soles. An easy synth that equipment crafters need. Only trouble is that it requires rubber, another easy synth, but that requires brimstone.

Brimstone. A level 11-20 (15+ i think) goldsmith synth from pyrite.

All of the level 1 alchemist leves reward you with Latex. Which is used to create Rubber with brimstone. So I have like 200 Latex and 0 brimstone because nobody on the server yet is high enough to make it.

I had a lvl 13 goldsmith fail five times.

Banned.

BG Level

You could also get brimstone by HQing 4xYellow Copper Ore, 1xFire Crystal. NQ is copper nuggets.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

you had to upgrade your armorer weapon to continue leveling it?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's incredibly hard to level past 11 outside leves without a new one. You end up being stuck grinding low level synths for ~150 skill a synth (instead of, say, 250-300).

I spent also 6 hours yesterday trying to make a armorer tool for a friend. I'm lvl 12 blacksmith and after failing 10 synths I managed to pump out 1 lvl 12 armorer tool. It's incredibly hard to find anything even in Market Wards. I was hoping to get a lvl 7 or 12 Blacksmith tool but both of them require undyed canvas which is lvl 20+ cloth so I'm shit out of luck for a long time.

-Stand around the repair npcs and watch what people are making, and send a tell to crafters who you think can make what you need.
    -Try to form a relationship with carpenters, fishers etc and add them to your friendlist
    -Shout for shit you need and form a relationship with people who make shit you need
    -Join a decent LS with people who craft and form a relationship with people who make shit you need

see a pattern?

Fuck the market wards at this point, and trying to level all the crafts will rape your inventory

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yeah, my inventory is already raped.

I'd form relationships, but I'm not sure if it's just me, but with delays, menu lag etc in cities, it takes about 1-2 minutes to do a single trade. I hate wasting peoples time like that.

I'm confused how some people are popping out bronze chainmails and stuff like its nothing.

You need a leatherworker to get dyes from level 2 botanist nodes, then make the taupe stuff for the front of the tabard, then a weaver to do the same for the back and put it together for a full tabard, then add all the Armorer parts to it, etc.

It's like every piece of gear now takes longer to get than AF in FFXI did. I thought they were making stuff take less time? ;p

It's fine, I'm just confused how I see some people synthing like 10+ Bronze chainmails, do they know a trick I don't or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Azurewrath View Post
    Yeah, my inventory is already raped.

I'd form relationships, but I'm not sure if it's just me, but with delays, menu lag etc in cities, it takes about 1-2 minutes to do a single trade. I hate wasting peoples time like that.

I'm confused how some people are popping out bronze chainmails and stuff like its nothing.

You need a leatherworker to get dyes from level 2 botanist nodes, then make the taupe stuff for the front of the tabard, then a weaver to do the same for the back and put it together for a full tabard, then add all the Armorer parts to it, etc.

It's like every piece of gear now takes longer to get than AF in FFXI did. I thought they were making stuff take less time? ;p

It's fine, I'm just confused how I see some people synthing like 10+ Bronze chainmails, do they know a trick I don't or something?
    buy materials in bulk, once you get enough for one, then you have enough for 10

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I was bored at work so I decided to write everything I could about crafting a simple Bronze Chainmail. Here's the steps, showing how insanely complicated it is just to create of piece of gear.

https://docs1.google.com/document/ed...TbZP7iQ&hl=en#

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Azurewrath View Post
    I was bored at work so I decided to write everything I could about crafting a simple Bronze Chainmail. Here's the steps, showing how insanely complicated it is just to create of piece of gear.

https://docs1.google.com/document/ed...TbZP7iQ&hl=en#
    Quote Originally Posted by Google
    We're sorry, but (me) does not have access to this document.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I agree and I just can't believe SE didn't learn from XI. Having high level synth items to make low level synths just creates a system that's overly dominated by the top end - they control the prices and low level people end up having to save up a shit tonne of gil to pretty much buy their way into a craft, just like in XI. SE has seen for 8 years that people won't interact in the way they envision.

So atm I have the same problem and I'm not sure how to get around it other then level every craft or make sure each member of your LS has chosen their craft to compliment the LS overall. The latter would work well but without delivery boxes you have to be on top of each other, which is troublesome given our limited Anima. They're shooting their own system in the foot...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 76 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast