1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 46 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 13 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 10 hours, 46 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 23 hours, 13 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth View Post
    I've been doing the Opo Opo near Gridania, but yeah, it is pretty much the same as the Dodos. The problem I found while searching for enemies to kill is that there are enemies level 20-24 and then 25-29 and nothing to bridge that gap. So, you will either have too weak or too strong for a few levels. It is fairly annoying unless you can get a good duo or trio going.
    Even that isn't really possible. I was leveling with a friend before, but higher level monsters (even some greens) get a huge damage bonus against you for being higher. Spamming Sacrifice full time could just barely keep up with the monster's damage.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by zsuper View Post
    Even that isn't really possible. I was leveling with a friend before, but higher level monsters (even some greens) get a huge damage bonus against you for being higher. Spamming Sacrifice full time could just barely keep up with the monster's damage.
    Ah, I hadn't really tried on anything harder. x.x I'm not sure what to suggest then. I hope someone else has some better advice.

Any advice on what to lvl on for 15-16 LNC? Edit: Saw that post on dodos, where is the best place to kill dodos? Drybone area or Limsa?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    Edit: Saw that post on dodos, where is the best place to kill dodos? Drybone area or Limsa?
    Whichever is least crowded.

any camps near 25-28?

Quote Originally Posted by CrstyCptSteveWitherspoon View Post
    In a party of 5 killing IT stuff in cassio, netting 500 sp a kill or near that. Problem is pop times on mobs, and the conj in our party is getting like no skill from curing.
    Which is dumb because it seems that 500 rank points per mob seems to be about the cap per mob regardless of how many actions. So getting exp from curing only seems logical if its going to cap anyway. This really is only preventing people from exping overall or curing if they exp

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Where to for Conjurer 19 in LL

CH for the swarms still?

The exp bug is ridiculous.

Apparently if you have a party w/ 3+ people, one person will not get skill every single fight. In their log during the fight, it will show up, but after the fight, it won't, and the bar in the menu will not have moved.

One way around this in a party of 3 is to have a conjurer that only cures and buffs, but then they get shitty exp of course.

Honestly, party exp seems so much better than solo / duo, that with 5+ people, it's worth the loss.

any camps near 25-28?
    no one?

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Is this 500 exp cap thing new or are people just wrong

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

With some experimenting, I saw the 500 xp cap in beta as well. However, I haven't really paid much attention to be sure whether or not it pushed beyond that after release.

Dammit Steve of the House of Weave
    BG Level

Think it was 540 or 550 in beta.

Could someone share with me a good spot to earn Marauder rank points from 17~22? I spent a fair amount of time yesterday searching all over in each of the areas just outside the 3 cities and wasn't able to find mobs I could handle. Rank points have just died off against Dodo. I tried Goats (both nanny and billy) and nearly all were conning yellow (just outside Limsa) and I'd get close to finishing them but run into head butt spam and die. I also tried Opo outside Gridania but found the same thing would happen with them spamming that spin attack. I read the squirrels in coerthas are doable after 22 but I can't find anything from 17~22.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Try 2nd-tier moles (Sultan's Trumpets, Moraby Moles, etc.) Should be fast kills, tolerable skill up until about 20.

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster View Post
    Try 2nd-tier moles (Sultan's Trumpets, Moraby Moles, etc.) Should be fast kills, tolerable skill up until about 20.
    Any location on these? i'm in the same boat as Noob on my LNC. Dodos are wearing thin now.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    Any location on these? i'm in the same boat as Noob on my LNC. Dodos are wearing thin now.
    moraby moles are west of bloodshore, sultan's trumpets are west of tranquil (in caves)

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Priran View Post
    moraby moles are west of bloodshore, sultan's trumpets are west of tranquil (in caves)
    There's some Sultan's trumpets in a cave with a Magicked Bones that respawns every now and then to the north of Horizon as well.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

I attempted Sultans Trumpets as 18 THM and wouldn't suggest it. They may be good for melee or classes that can't spam heal, though. I killed 12 before I gave up. I'd say half of them gave me 180-220 skill, the other half gave me 10-30 skill. The good thing is that they die fairly quickly and seem to have VERY poor accuracy (I consistently dodged 30-50% of their attacks as THM, not absorbing).

I have found that Faerie Funguar are a good source of skill points. Each one gives me 100-200 skill and they're all over the place. Their TP attack just inflicts poison, and they tend to spam it, which makes them fairly easy to kill with minimal damage taken. They also attack very slowly. I'm not sure if the poison would be an issue for physical classes, though, because my Regen counters it.

What's a good spot with lots of those funguars? I've only seen randomly placed ones among different mobs so far.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rui Seiken
    FFXIV Server
    Jenova
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Faerie Funguars are rather abundant around Tranquil.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast