1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 0 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 59 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 14 hours, 0 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -5 hours, -1 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    I hear ppl like RNG drops, so lets makes the way ppl lv based around RNG
    I'd play that game! Or maybe I wouldn't..
    Let me roll my die for an answer..

But seriously, if the lvling wasn't RNG this issue wouldn't have existed and parties would be about cooperation more than competitions to score as many skill points for yourself as possible.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    I am pretty confident nothing will happen.
    I don't think anything will happen right away, at least. All players are currently still playing on their free 30 days. Watch SE wait till after the first billing cycle takes place, then drop the hammer.

Ridill
    BG Level

The big question is will people even still be playing this game once the free month is up? lol
    I know at this rate, I wont be.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Since they just killed conj / thaum xp for all those who grinded the RNG system w/o taking adv of flaws, I doubt I'll even last that long. I highly despise spending 3 minutes soloing a mob to get 0 skill. And sad thing is that this is not random bad luck, it's frequent. Very rarely do u get skill even remotely equal to the investment applied (and isn't that the opposite of what SE intended)?

You hardly, if ever got skill ups from healing/buff whening soloing. I've never gotten skill from that situation. It'll suck for party play, but shouldn't affect you if you solo.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    I didn't get a single skillup through healing/buffing under the last 2 leves I had left to share with a friend. Its too small of a sample size to conclude, but my theory is that they did away with it, or nerfed it by at least 75% to the point where the chance of skillups are now rare.
    I just want to say that you can most definitely still get skills up from healing/buffing the same way you could before. By healing/buffing party members; I honestly do not see any HUGE difference, but maybe that's because I did not level entirely in groups and when I did, I did not purposefully buff spam to get massive points (albeit, because I didn't know!)

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I got a few when we ran through and cleaned out our Uld leves tonight, but I was getting clumps of 23, 32 and 45 when curing, while turning my spells onto the mobs rewarded me with 120-240 a hit. I used to be able to get 120-240 with a chance to hit each person in my party, although I always kept my parties small because it seems that if you go too big, people start mysteriously "losing" points at the end of battles.

I can't see myself hitting high levels with conj if all I'm going to get for my preferred play-style (healing and buffing, while watching my comrades unleash hell up front) is going to be this slow. Running through 7 leves and getting 2/3s of the way to level 13 is not my idea of "time well spent". This is unfortunate, because I actually enjoy Conj, and don't want to just run straight to DoW jobs so early in the game.

I'll keep crafting, though, and level up only when I want to do more storyline missions. Maybe by the time I'm ready to roll my combat jobs out, the game will be a bit better balanced.

Don't points that you seem to lose actually just appear later on? I used to think, even if I was skilling up but nothing got tallied, that it showed up later on when you see things like.

you get x exp
    you get x skill
    you get x skill
    you get x skill

After a fight.

What he means is that you get skills over the fight like:
    "you get x skill"
    but when you kill the monster you get:
    "you get x exp"
    the skills you gained over the fight are not shown and thus not added and you loose all the points you should have gained fighting the monster, happens pretty frequently in groups.

I really dont get why they dont just update the skills as it goes and not when the monster dies.

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

The whole leveling system in this game is complete trash, it is a direct copy and paste from campaign/besieged except a hell of a lot more random. I really don't know what they were thinking with this system at all but hopefully they make skill gains a lot more static sooner than later. I absolutely hate this system because you can kill a red mob in a party and get physical exp only.

Easily the worst exp system design i've ever seen in any MMO to date.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Still getting skillups after the xploit fix, in a moderated way.

Stop complaining.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Crushridge

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    I got a few when we ran through and cleaned out our Uld leves tonight, but I was getting clumps of 23, 32 and 45 when curing, while turning my spells onto the mobs rewarded me with 120-240 a hit. I used to be able to get 120-240 with a chance to hit each person in my party, although I always kept my parties small because it seems that if you go too big, people start mysteriously "losing" points at the end of battles.

I can't see myself hitting high levels with conj if all I'm going to get for my preferred play-style (healing and buffing, while watching my comrades unleash hell up front) is going to be this slow. Running through 7 leves and getting 2/3s of the way to level 13 is not my idea of "time well spent". This is unfortunate, because I actually enjoy Conj, and don't want to just run straight to DoW jobs so early in the game.

I'll keep crafting, though, and level up only when I want to do more storyline missions. Maybe by the time I'm ready to roll my combat jobs out, the game will be a bit better balanced.
    All I do is heal, and I skill up just fine, in fact I am a higher rank then the other 2 people I party with all the time. Quit bitching...

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Well, I satic with 2 friends, setup is Gla, Gla, and im the Con. Most of you probably know that the skill up system has a heavy bug if you party with 3 or more player (of of them wont get skill up after fight even though skill ups were gained in fight).

We found a way to deal with it, that is I only cure, and the two Gladiator melee and tank. That way they both got their skill up for fighting and also shield skill up, and I got my skill from curing.

Now, thanks to SE, its no longer so easy that now: They completly messed up with curing. The rate you now gain skill up by curing is ridicoules... its a way to low.

But, if we still want to party, i must not do damage or debuff the mob to get skills; if i did, one of the Gladiator wouldnt get any skill up. So much for party play and playing with friends ~

SE I doubt you read this forums but if you do so I want to say thank you very much for this patch. That made my day.

Quote Originally Posted by NEmINIS View Post
    What he means is that you get skills over the fight like:
    "you get x skill"
    but when you kill the monster you get:
    "you get x exp"
    the skills you gained over the fight are not shown and thus not added and you loose all the points you should have gained fighting the monster, happens pretty frequently in groups.

I really dont get why they dont just update the skills as it goes and not when the monster dies.
    Yeah, I get that, but what I'm asking is, and this has happened to me a lot. Is if you're fighting another monster later on, you'll get multiple "total skill points" tallies at the end of that fight.

I've gotten up to 4 "You gain x Thaumaturge skill points" messages after a fight. It seemed like the points were added then, but I never really checked. At least I've never felt like I've been cheated out of exp...

I assumed that the skill you seemingly didn't get in one fight was added once those messages showed up after another fight, at least it seemed that way to me.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Yeah, I get that, but what I'm asking is, and this has happened to me a lot. Is if you're fighting another monster later on, you'll get multiple "total skill points" tallies at the end of that fight.

I've gotten up to 4 "You gain x Thaumaturge skill points" messages after a fight. It seemed like the points were added then, but I never really checked. At least I've never felt like I've been cheated out of exp...

I assumed that the skill you seemingly didn't get in one fight was added once those messages showed up after another fight, at least it seemed that way to me.
    Elcura, i think multiple "You gain X Thaumaturge Skill points" messages after a fight is not because you didnt get the skill for the last fight and get it this time.

Skills are shown seperate. Example: you are in a 3 person party. You gain x skill for curing player a, and y skill for curing player b, and z skill for dealing damage to the mob.

after fight you get shown the skill up

x for curing a
    y for curing b
    z for attacking monster

unfortunetly that is not the solution for the skill up bug in party

Quote Originally Posted by Karnja View Post
    x for curing a
    y for curing b
    z for attacking monster
    That's interesting, I'll definitely keep an eye out to see what is actually happening.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

in FFXI a Red Mage would fully buff themselves on a Robber Crap, Steelshell w/e in order to skill up their enfeebling, or Shield and cures. This is esentially the same thing :/ at least in my opinion...

YOU CAN GET SKILL UPS FROM CURING?!! =O

And yes this exp system is pretty lame.

Soloing a red mob just to get 0 skill points at the end is ridiculous. They really do need to bump up the skill up rate, no excuses. Guardian aspect regeneration boost would also be nice. I'm only playing casually every night and I'm still completely tapped out.

Come on SE... give me a reason to keep playing after the next 22 days.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Caestus View Post
    in FFXI a Red Mage would fully buff themselves on a Robber Crap, Steelshell w/e in order to skill up their enfeebling, or Shield and cures. This is esentially the same thing :/ at least in my opinion...
    It would be the same if you could jump your RDM 20+ levels much faster than people who party as RDM, just by standing in one place and buffing vs. a Robber Crab endlessly.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

the skill gain system is horrible /EndOfStory

This is for combat classes:
    I love how they promote leve's to be the best way to lv, when, imo, they are the worst way to lv in the game. They are a source of gil / guild marks / random gear & items, but they are not a source of skill. For the amount of travel it takes (and don't you dare say you tele everywhere - you would run out in 2 days if you tele'd to even 1/2 of crystals) to get to them they should be guaranteed skill on every action against the mob. But most of them are so poorly tuned that even w/ favor its horrible. If somebody only lv'd on leves I think it would take a week to go from rank15-16 lol.

Last night did 3 leves w/ a friend - got 1k skill. After that we went to grind for 1hr. I got like 12k+ skill. For leves to be worthwhile they need to give you skill for everything you do against the mob, because RNG doesn't always favor you on leve's so it doesn't matter if you get more skill when you DO get that skill