1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 3 hours, 17 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 20 hours, 42 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 20 hours, 17 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 13 hours, 42 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Liabo View Post
    To me it makes sense. I think gear damage only effects the main stats of the item. For all armor i've seen the main stats are things like defense, etc. The gathering and other stats are under a line; Ill call these bonus stats. On our tools though gathering, output, perception/scanning are the main stats which would make sense perhaps why they are lower since your pickaxe is broken. Also with my iron crosspien hammer +1 while you can't see what the plus one gives by just looking at it. I had a nq and the +1 100% health and the +1 gave about 1-3 more on each stat when I equipped it. When I get home from class I will go repair my hammer to 100% and then compare the stats listed on my hammer vs stats I actually get when equipped.

Also if you are not level 32 yet, then the polished pickaxe you have wouldn't be giving you the max stats on it regardless. Which adds more confusion to this ;p
    Good thoughts! My bad on me being underleveled with the pickaxe, so much going on and I forgot about the basic stuff!

Edit: Yeah, I'm an idiot and am editing my earlier post. The wonky numbers were simply from my being under the optimal rank, and seemingly nothing to do with equipment damage.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

I can't swear this is exhaustive (and I really should have done a better job of logging results) but at this point I think we've got a pretty good list of grade 4 locations and results.

Thanalan - Nophica's Wells
    La Noscea - Cederwood
    Black Shroud - Humblehearth
    Coerthas - Camp Glory

As for the drops, I've seen Wyrm/Wyvern/Dragon obsidian (Wyvern also being grade 3 in Bloodshore, perhaps others), mythril ore, Gold Sand, and each of the r39 raw jems (amethyst/aquamarine/garnet/goshenite/heliodor/peridot). The gems are split around between the different zones, and I've forgotten which were from where (my apologizes).

And slightly amusing, there seems to be a huge shortage of Zinc on Rabanastre. Everyone's begging for it, to the point where I might go back to try and get some.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

The funny part is zinc is more common than copper in Thanalan.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Could you guys help me enjoy the mining mini game?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Crizto View Post
    Could you guys help me enjoy the mining mini game?
    Well there's the gil, and there's the fact you can watch TV or do random stuff while mining.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

That info earlier about crafting/gathering stats below the line, is it correct? Or is it bugged display issue? Has anyone noticed any differences in crafting with fully repaired gear and fully worn gear? With a fully repaired weapon in both cases.

Maybe I won't have to craft naked any more...

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    That info earlier about crafting/gathering stats below the line, is it correct? Or is it bugged display issue? Has anyone noticed any differences in crafting with fully repaired gear and fully worn gear? With a fully repaired weapon in both cases.

Maybe I won't have to craft naked any more...
    It is, at the moment, unknown. I think the point of discussion was to try and figure some of that out, if possible.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Maybe it deserves its own thread. This thread only appeals to miners whereas this affects all DoH/L.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yea I was kind of more posting my observations based on the original post I responded to in the thread. Would like to find out though lol

So when do we get a cool mining helmet or something? I HATE looking at the ugly ass turban I wear

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shen Anigans
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I wear an Assault Sallet currently as my mining helmet.

Sorry, I cant post links as yet but you can look it up on YG. it has +12 Perception

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

It took quite a long time before XI got job-specific equipment. I wouldn't count on spelunking helmets any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyroc View Post
    I wear an Assault Sallet currently as my mining helmet.

Sorry, I cant post links as yet but you can look it up on YG. it has +12 Perception
    Awesome... gotta go with the Bronze Sallet for now, but will eventually upgrade to the assault...

Now I just need a little lantern to stick on the front of it...

green jellybean
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

apparently the rank 30 fishing quest gives you golden subligar, so I am hoping that rank 30 gives miners a cool hat or some nice boots.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by manako View Post
    apparently the rank 30 fishing quest gives you golden subligar, so I am hoping that rank 30 gives miners a cool hat or some nice boots.
    The class quest? Nope, just guild marks, gil, and access to purchase more abilities. Someone has reported, however, getting Safari Belt from a r30 Ul'dah mining guildleve. Do want.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamison View Post
    The class quest? Nope, just guild marks, gil, and access to purchase more abilities. Someone has reported, however, getting Safari Belt from a r30 Ul'dah mining guildleve. Do want.
    Looks cool too

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

A week or so ago I saw posted (but can't find now) a list of the elemental affinities of the zones themselves. Can anyone link me to that?

I'm noticing in Coerthas seems to be dropping (only) the jems that convert to DEX and INT, and I want to see if there is a correlation/predictability to these.

Are any websites fairly compressive yet on grade 2/3 loot tables? I'm not looking to do anything exhaustive, but if not I might do a google spreedsheet with some of the key drops. I wouldn't be looking to do everything, but more of a list of "if you are trying for something, here are the better zones to go for". I'd need some help though, because I didn't keep the best records.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

One of my LS mates got a Safari belt in a Nanawa Mines 30 battle leve the other day.

I've been lucky with MIN leves this week, three out of eight have had marks and I can now get Prospect III.

I think gear that is worn down does affect you even if it doesn't say in the stats. I've been blowing up loads of silver rings today and last night and I was making them fine when my gear was fully repaired the other day.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Quick help for a chart I'm compiling... Flourite and Danburite come from which zones? Should be one from Thanalan and one from La Noscea.

And I'd like to give a general guide for people who want to specifically find Iron/Silver/Zinc. What do ya'll think is the best advice to someone who is specifically looking for those? My experience was that iron was most abundant in LL, Silver in the Black Shroud, and Zinc in Thanalan (grade 2 only?). Thoughts?

green jellybean
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jamison View Post
    Quick help for a chart I'm compiling... Flourite and Danburite come from which zones? Should be one from Thanalan and one from La Noscea.

And I'd like to give a general guide for people who want to specifically find Iron/Silver/Zinc. What do ya'll think is the best advice to someone who is specifically looking for those? My experience was that iron was most abundant in LL, Silver in the Black Shroud, and Zinc in Thanalan (grade 2 only?). Thoughts?
    I found fluorite in coerthas and an LSmate found indigo quartz while quarrying there (turns into danburite) I would expect that those stones are limited to Coerthas, possibly mor dhona (no idea if there are spots there) where mining in grade 3 areas I get grade 2 gemstones; aquamarines in La Noscea where I used to get Lapis.

There was a link a few posts up with a whole list of where to find what, I would look there for the other stuff you are looking for.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast