1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 6 hours, 59 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 17 hours, 0 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 23 hours, 59 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 10 hours, 0 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Do stats make a difference at all? I'm about to hit 48 mining and am wondering if I should select one piece over the other. I'm a miner mainly for DoL.

EDIT: Forget that I asked lol, very rare that they are ever sold and I'm not going to go through the hassle of finding someone to make it all!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'm level 48 and have 115 output yet I am still only getting 7 hits, is it because I'm not 50?

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Yeah, it'd take more output (and I don't know how much) to get to 8 hits. Given how fast you can level up now, it's probably not worth it.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Darn, I was so pumped to HQ my dolabra, and toy around with other gear to free up hands for spiritbonding, oh well 150k until 50. Thanks!

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Try food, that might get you there too.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I seem to recall something like "Each level gets you 4 points to each base stat", so it might only take another 7 output to get 8 attempts.

Don't quote me on that, but I do know the amount you'll need isn't very much. I would certainly believe that food could get you there, unless you were hitting that 115 number with output food already.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Spammed leves to 50 so it's no big deal now, but eating food did give me 8 hits while I was waiting for return cooldown.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii
    If you gatherers are spending your time, working hard in order to obtain a luminary and are worried whether your gathering count will be carried over to version 2.0, have no fear! The development team is working on preparations so that all your hard work will be transferred to version 2.0. As the balance for version 2.0 will change a bit from the current version, there is a possibility that there will be achievements that undergo criteria changes.

Please note that there will be achievements that can no longer be completed in version 2.0 and we are working to compile the information on this, which will be announced on Lodestone in the very near future.

Also, as a bit of a side-note, in version 2.0 we will be implementing a gathering journal (tentative name), which will allow players to check which areas items can be gathered from. We are planning to have this implemented for the alpha test, so please look forward to it!
    Click for link...

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I hope they actually make you go gather the item before it shows up in your journal.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Post spamming to 10 so you can post links, huh.

/eyeroll

Edit: Boom goes the dynamite. User nuked.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Which nation has the best leves for miner starting around lvl 21.

All DoH leves are identical, find 3 of X item and examine 3 mining points are the only ones.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Last page Raldo posted perception at 133 was getting the 10% HQ rate, is this the bottom target to shoot for? Does equipping all master abilities have a better chance to gain that boost, or does the game decide when an ability will activate and only one is necessary?

HQ abilities seem to ignore the HQ rate cap, idk if equipping multiple ones would have any additional effect than just using 1.

I don't think the mechanics of ability procs are well known other than they seem to occur much more on lower level nodes (or rather, nodes further below your level).

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Equipping more abilities will increase the chances that one will proc, assuming SE hasn't changed it since it was tested so long ago.

I've heard some people say that when they boost a certain stat associated with their DoL, that it increases their chances of an ability proc. At that point though, you're trying to increase the proc rate of something to increase the proc rate of HQ, and that's just too far removed for me to care.

Also, the 133 Perception data point was courtesy of Jamison, not me. I've never done any testing regarding perception. The only testing I've ever done was to figure out the exact output to hit 8 strikes on a Grade 5 node at 50.

If it was you that figured that out, belated ty.

I blew up like 3 cobalt pickaxes +1 trying to double meld output before finally getting it on the 4th try. Now have -exactly- 114 output sacrificing 0 other slots (only other output is from waist/hands which have perception as well).