+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Berserk     submit to reddit submit to twitter

That's not nitpicking, they literally forgot to animate parts of this animation. It's not like I'm complaining that the background is 100% static most of the time or the characters have barely any lead and follow.

I'm bitching because one of my favourite (if not favourite) manga is being butchered and then THIS happens. I mean anyone who is a fan of Berserk shouldn't be happy with this show regardless of whether it's Berserk. Sure, we're all still going to watch it because Berserk is amazing, but to think this is the show we deserve LOL

But it's Berserk! I hope whoever makes the next installment of Berserk (if we get one) actually has some respect for the material.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

People are still autistically screeching over the animation 21 episodes in.

Incredible

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I'm more apt to cite it as a lack of professionalism than a protest against the show, really. Sure, the Ishidoro monkey rolls were bad, too, but the fucker's pretty much regulated to comic relief so he gets somewhat of a pass there.

Just in case people don't know but this weeks episode is a recap, next week should continue from normal. Considering last week this isn't really a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Worst part was Guts walking near the beginning of the episode. Everything else was pretty much their usual fare.

S'like some South Park shit, there.
    http://i.imgur.com/Q5KpBNe.gif

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Not gonna lie I actually laughed my ass off at this.

Don't worry eventually standards will fall so low not even that will phase us.

Eventually...?

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

What did I seriously just watch up there? Is that seriously Berserk?

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    But it's Berserk! I hope whoever makes the next installment of Berserk (if we get one) actually has some respect for the material.
    While I admit it's not great it's a hell of a lot better than the 90's version. While the Golden Age Arc OVA's were done well this TV show version tries to use too much CGI to cut costs.

It's literally all CGI with the occasional filter thrown over the textures. Some of Puck's silly moments may be hand drawn from time to time, but that's also something that could've been done in their engine, too.

Ultimately, our beef with the animation is usually a result of how they scripted the models to move. Stiffness is a problem this particular media faces, and you see it in things like the Blame movie or Knights of Sidonia on Netflix. This just gets either too stiff at times or they phone it in like I linked earlier.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Well it was decidedly not awful for me at least.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Wait for the complaints about the arm cannon clipping through the armor. Having not read the manga, I enjoyed this episode well enough though I would have liked to see more of a showing from the armor, or showing the aftermath of it all through something beyond a month time skip.

Imagine it's explained as a side effect of the od of the armor, but out of curiousity, is his shift in hair ever explained? That slight change makes him look so much older.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shuichi Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Wait for the complaints about the arm cannon clipping through the armor. Having not read the manga, I enjoyed this episode well enough though I would have liked to see more of a showing from the armor, or showing the aftermath of it all through something beyond a month time skip.

Imagine it's explained as a side effect of the od of the armor, but out of curiousity, is his shift in hair ever explained? That slight change makes him look so much older.
    It's got something to do with the phenomena of hair turning white due to a traumatic event.

An example would be the kid in Sixth Sense he had a patch of white hair due to his interactions with the supernatural.

First half was better than usual for a few parts, but for the most part it was business as normal.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

yep

Quote Originally Posted by Ker View Post
    omg are you guys still complaining about how terrible everything is why don't you have no standards and simply enjoy the pig slop in front of you because it's Berserk???

I swear some people lol

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I know it's fucking terrible but it's still Berserk and I still enjoy it

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    omg are you guys still complaining about how terrible everything is why don't you have no standards and simply enjoy the pig slop in front of you because it's Berserk???

I swear some people lol
    I mean you're literally still just beating a dead horse.

I mean the show is still on so yeah why not.

I'd understand if it was 2019 though.